Eld Fanfictions

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Eld Fanfictions

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:12 am

Here I will be putting whatever I'm pressured into writing and posting. Probably most of it will revolve around Sorren and Willy one-shots or short stories. Other than that, I don't have much to say other than I hope you all enjoy whatever I come up with.

Notes:
~ My aim is always to stay in character and write as "realistically" as possible, but I know I'll have varying degrees of success with this.
~ If you see a problem, whether it be lore, character, or grammar related, let me know so I can see what I can do about fixing it.
~ I encourage you to post. Comments and kind critiques are always appreciated. It also helps me keep my motivation.

~~~ Enjoy ~~~

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Re: Eld Fanfictions

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:12 am

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:46 am

An Adventure in the Oriental Isles

Chapter 1

"Will, I said no," Sorren stated bluntly as he finished stuffing away daggers, rope, a thimble, and a variety of other weapons and trinkets in the multitude of pockets on the inside of his jacket.

To this day, Willy still didn't know how Sorren managed to hide all of that on him and walk around without accidentally poking himself with one of the weapons. "Aww. Come on Sorren. It's just a little trip to the Oriental Isles isn't it? I know the Watch Crows gave 'ya a mission an' all, but really, how much danger could be on those little tiny islands?"

Sorren shot him a stern look. "That's what I'm going to investigate. One shouldn't underestimate the potential danger of any mission."

"You worry too much!" Will said with a hearty laugh.

"You worry too little," Sorren responded. "And don't forget that there is a reason they don't send the two of us out together."

"Then can I at least accompany 'ya to the port?"

One glance at Willy's eyes and Sorren knew the man was planning something. He opened his mouth to say 'no' but the pleading look in his eyes gave Sorren pause. Running a hand over his face, he relented with a sigh. "Alright fine. Just to the port. If I catch you as a stowaway on the ship, I'm tossing you into the ocean and you can swim back to shore. Got it?"

Will gave an enthusiastic nod, but Sorren could tell the message and threat hadn't sunken into the man's thick head. Still, it was too late to worry about it now.

Roughly an hour later, the two men - with Fiore and Muzu perched on the appropriate person's shoulders - stood at the dock watching as a group loaded merchandise onto a cargo vessel.

"Are you guys new recruits or something?" a man called from the deck of the large ship when he noticed Sorren and Willy watching in silence. He had the classic sailor look - his arms were muscular, his brown hair bleached by hours in the sun; he had a scruffy beard and sported a dark tan that contrasted with his white shirt. "Hold on, I'll be right down." The sailor disappeared behind the railing and reappeared a moment later as he climbed down the wooden ramp that connected dock to the deck.

"I'm first mate of this vessel," the sailor said as he approached them. "Nice to meet - Ah!" It wasn't until that moment that he caught a glimpse of Sorren's face, or more specifically his eyes. He yelped immediately and flinched backward.

Sorren's eyes narrowed on him slightly, but he said nothing in regards to the man's reaction. "This ship, it's going to the Oriental Isles is it not?"

"Um... Uh..." the sailor was visibly uncomfortable. It was almost humorous, how such a large and fearsome looking man could be so afraid by two simple colors.

Sorren made a move forward with the intent of pressing the man for further information, but before he could take the step, he felt Will's heavy hand resting on his shoulder.

"Let me ask 'im, eh?" he said quietly, moving in front of Sorren.

Drawing a deep breath, Sorren shifted his weight backward. "Fine."

"Hey sailor. Don't worry about that grumpy-gus over there," Willy said, jabbing his thumb in Sorren's direction. "Is this ship going to the Oriental Isles?"

"Well..." The sailor's eyes flashed between the two several times before he spoke again. "It was going to, but we were rerouted this morning. We're taking this shipment up to Silverport now."

Rerouted with such short notice? That's odd. Sorren thought as he and Will shared a glance.

"Thanks mate. Do 'ya know if there's another ship going in that direction any time soon?"

The sailor shook his head slowly. "We usually only head that way about once a month. Lately I've heard..." his voice lowered and Willy bent his head down to hear the man more clearly. "I've heard there's a band of thieves that have been roaming the seas around the Oriental Isles. I think that's why our course was changed, and I doubt we'll be heading there any time soon - "

The sailor was cut off as a departure call sounded from the ship.

"We 'preciate the help," Willy called as he bid the sailor farewell with a wave of his hand. "Wha'cha gonna do now Sorren?" he asked, turning around to face the half-born.

Sorren didn't respond immediately as he pondered the situation. He wouldn't be able to man a ship on his own, even if it was a small one. He'd need at least one other person for that. The Oriental Isles weren't incredibly far from the mainland, so flying was a possibility, though that would be the absolute last resort.

"I have an -"

"No," Sorren cut Willy off before he could announce some ridiculous plan.

"But..."

"I said to the docks only, remember? In fact, you should probably go back to whatever it was you were supposed to be doing before you dropped in on me this morning to bug me about pancakes."

Knowing that begging wouldn't get him anywhere with him this time, Willy crossed his arms and stared at Sorren defiantly. "You'll need my help Sorren."

"Will -"

"Because you can't..."

"Stop."

"Operate a ship on your own. And you need a ship to get there!" Willy's lips rose in a wide grin, knowing there was no way Sorren could argue against logic.

For an endless moment, the two stared each other down, with Sorren glaring at Willy and Willy smiling back at him. It was Sorren who resigned. "This is a bad idea," he said, more to himself than to Willy. "Something will go horribly wrong, and I'm the one who will get the lecture about it."

"Great! Now that that's settled." Willy's eyes scanned the boats docked at the harbor. "What about that one?"

"We're not pirates anymore you know. We can't just take –”

"It's small, but the design is streamlined and with the two masts we should be able to make good time." Without waiting for any sort of reply, Willy started off toward the boat, leaving Sorren no time for reasoning with the man. Although Sorren knew that even if he tried, it wouldn't make a difference to Willy.

Fifteen minutes later, the ropes were set, the masts were down, and they were off to the Oriental Isles with Willy at the helm.

A/N ~ I had a bit of a hard time capturing Willy's character, particularly when it came to speech patterns. And I feel that I drifted in and out of Sorren's character, but hopefully it isn't terrible. I tried to get the major editing out of the way, though I'm sure I missed something somewhere. But that's enough of that. I hope you all enjoy~

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Sphye » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:58 am

This is great, Scmar! How many chapters are you hoping to do?
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:08 am

Sphye wrote:
This is great, Scmar! How many chapters are you hoping to do?

I'm glad you like it! Honestly, I have no idea how many chapters. As many as it takes to get what I have in mind done? It could be around ten, it could be over twenty. Depends on how long they are, how much useless but humorous dialogue I decide to toss in, and if I stray from my original plot or not. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Benathorn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:14 am

I am now your biggest stalker here, shhhh just accept it. >.>

But this was absolutely wonderful, scmar! You really did capture their characteristics, quirks, and personalities so well-- it was like watching an animated scene from a Disney movie in my head, and the writing flows so well too! I'm really curious now to see Willy and Sorren take borrow that ship to get to the isles. Oh man, already picturing how that's going to go and you must finish this now 'cause I can't wait~
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Tyasi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:25 am

I'm your second largest fan.

I'll be watching this thread....

Always watching~

ouo-b
*DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Tyasi

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 am

Chapter 2

Sorren awoke with a light peck to his cheek. With a low groan, he sat up and looked at the culprit. “What?” he asked Muzu.

He was sure it had only been a couple of hours since he’d dozed off on the deck. Fiore and Muzu had been chasing each other across the ship and playing almost the entire day. Now, the sun was low in the sky, casting a pinkish hue over the ocean water.

“Aye, look who’s finally up.”

Sorren’s attention shifted to Willy, who was standing in almost the exact same place he’d been in the entire day, behind the helm. He just wanted another chance to play pirate, Sorren couldn’t help thinking as he stood and stretched.

It was only when he turned to face the ocean that he noticed the small lump of land in the distance. It could only be the Oriental Isles... unless Willy had totally gotten them off course while Sorren had been asleep, which was quite possible.

Muzu gave a hearty caw and perched atop Sorren’s head. Well, Muzu seemed to be positive about this adventure at least.

“How long until we land?” Sorren asked, craning his head to look at Willy.

“Maybe less than an hour if there’s no trouble, but...” he pointed to his right. “It seems like we might be waylaid by a bit of a greetin’ party.”

Studying the horizon closely, Sorren could make out three ships, just slightly larger than the one they were on. “The thieves the sailor mentioned?” he wandered aloud. Well, if they came to him, it would make everything much easier. The quicker he disposed of them, the quicker he could be done with this mission.

“Shall we give them a proper greeting?” Willy asked with a grin that was far too cheerful considering an inevitable fight lay in the near future.

Sorren gave a brief nod. With the masts rolled up. It didn’t take long for the distant ships to pull up near them.

The head – or the individual Sorren assumed was the leader of the group – was perched at the front of the largest ship. He had a black bandana wrapped around his head, a ragged white shirt, a gold-colored earring in his left ear, and a sword in his right hand which he was pointing at Sorren. He certainly looked the part of a thief. When dealing with simple merchants, looks might have been enough, with Sorren and Willy, he’d have to try a bit harder.

“You there! If you don’t want to die you’d better abandon that ship now!” He called, waving his sword around.

Sorren only gave him a bored glance.

“If ‘ya wanna try. Go ahead!” Willy challenged, pulling out his own sword and leveling it at the obnoxious man.

“You’re supposed to be steering Will,” Sorren reminded under his breath.

“It’s fine. It’s fine. We ain’t gonna go far in the amount of time it takes to pummel these punks.”

Sorren rolled his eyes in an exasperated manner, but didn’t respond as he moved to the railing of the boat. He shifted his weight back and then launched himself forward with enough strength to send him sailing to the enemy ship.

There was a collective gasp of surprise as he landed lightly. Certainly, no human would be able to make that jump, but Sorren didn’t leave them much time to dwell on that.

The men on the ship swarmed to the deck to surround him, but with a couple flicks of his wrist, he severed their carotid arteries and they dropped to the ground lifeless.

While Sorren was busy with the main ship, the other two pulled close enough to Willy’s ship to board it. Ten people flooded onto the small deck, and pointed their weapons of choice at him.

“Hey Fiore, you might wanna get back for this one,” he said good-temperedly to the serval. Fiore gave a lazy yawn in response, and took her time hopping down from his shoulders.

Once free of the extra weight, Willy stepped forward. The lot of them charged him at once, but with extreme dexterity, Willy maneuvered his way around them, leaving small cuts on their arms, torso, and face as he went.

He came up behind the mass of people. “Cut a rope here. Pull this one there,” he said in a sing-song voice as he manipulated the sails. Before the group could turn, the mast swung sideways, hitting most of them in the gut and knocking more than half off of the ship.

“Oh whoops. My bad,” he said with a laugh.

The remaining three that had the foresight to duck before they had gotten hit, wavered in their attacks as their eyes flashed between Willy, Sorren, and their commander, who was the only one left alive on the main ship.

Sorren strode forward powerfully while the leader of the group shrank back until he hit the railing of his ship. “Is that all you have after such big talk?” Sorren asked, voice cold and emotionless.

“G-get away from me you half-born trash!” he shouted, though his voice was pitifully weak. “You stupid demon bird!”

Sorren’s eyes flashed, and with a quick flash of his daggers, the body of the man fell to the deck.

The members that still remained on Willy’s ship leapt into the sea as soon as they realized their leader had been defeated.

“Aw man, that was a bit anti-climactic,” Willy muttered as he sheathed the sword. “Yo Sorren. ‘Ya good over there?”

“Fine,” Sorren answered before sheathing his daggers and launching himself back over to their ship.

Willy gave low whistle as he got a good look at his friend. “You’re covered in blood. 'Ya are okay right?” For a moment, his eyes flickered with worry, but Sorren waved off his concern.

“You know it’s not mine.”

“’Ya have somethin’ to change into?”

Sorren cast him a glance as if to say, “Are you really asking such a silly question?”

Willy responded with a helpless shrug. “We’ll be there in just a little while, so you might want to get that done soon.”

Ten minutes later, Sorren reappeared at the front of the deck, looking the same as he had when they’d left this morning.

“Really now, must all of your clothes look the exact same? 'Ya should go shopping more!” Willy teased lightly as he maneuvered the small ship into the dock. “Hey, while we’re here you can get –”

“Will.” Sorren cut him off before he could get carried away with possible ideas and antics. “Would you focus on steering rather than lecturing me about fashion?”

“You’re a real kill-joy. ‘Ya know that?” For now, he let the matter drop, but he was determined to find Sorren something a bit more... flashy before they left the Oriental Isles.

It was nightfall by the time they reached the nearest inn. Sorren let Willy do the talking when it came to booking a room lest the manager of the establishment notice his eyes and fall into a state of fear. Sorren was well aware that no inn would want a ‘demon bird’ staying the night. It was asking for trouble.

That was a sentiment Sorren could somewhat understand, even if he didn’t agree with it.

“What are ‘ya spacin’ out for?” Willy asked, slapping Sorren none-to-gently on the back. “The room is just up the stairs.”

Sorren gave a brief nod and followed after Willy. The room was simple and small, with one bed wedged into the corner, a table with two chairs, and a worn couch. Sorren made his way to the couch and flopped down on one end. Muzu settled himself in the middle of Sorren’s chest.

Willy collapsed on the other side of the couch, and Fiore stretched out in the small space between the two men. Like this, both people and creatures alike, slept through the night.

A/N~ Thank you all. I truly appreciate your kind words and stalking. ^^ I hope I haven't disappointed with this one. Action is (I think) one of my stronger suits when it comes to writing, so I definitely had to throw in a little fight. Mission isn't over yet though. I still have a bit more planned~

I felt more in Willy's character this time, and less in Sorren's. Maybe that's because I wrote it between 2-4am and am more than a little scattered brained at the moment. (I need more focus.) Anyway, hope you all enjoy~ ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Benathorn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Wow, I agree scmar, your action writing is very well done and flows seamlessly with the whole scene in this post. That, and those two certainly know how to fight in their own unique ways! Love how you captured their personalities so well too with their fighting styles, that just shows how well you get into the characters to write them out so perfectly like that.

Oh oh, and it's the couch! I don't know if you put that in there on purpose or not, but loved how they just both flopped down on the couch at the end all like-- Yep. Tired. We're out. XD

So much awesomeness! I really am looking forward to the next one you do. You have a lovely talent for writing and it really shows here~
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:59 pm

I certainly did put the couch there on purpose. Although I changed the positions of Muzu and Fiore just a tad since it's not the exact same couch. XP

Thank you so much and I'm truly grateful that you like it. ^^ I'll get another chapter out as soon as I can, which will probably be in a day or two.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Next

Return to Creative Writing