ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ's ᴍᴀᴢᴇ -- ☠

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ's ᴍᴀᴢᴇ -- ☠

Postby Scar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:49 pm

-- the ongoing tale of my Sealer and Eldesona character --

A heart beating, and heavy breathing... A night full of screaming, and sanity dwindling...
Blackness, endless blackness as far as the eye could see, pulsing with living crimson that moved with slow purpose. Tainting the earth, corrupting the living; everything once magical losing what life it held dear in this beautiful land, and it was all brought upon by the ignorance of one. One person and one alone.

A heart racing with agony, a voice weeping for redemption, running away down an ashen path; a mighty monolith stood made of black stone, evil essence in its rawest form flooding out like water breaking past a dam. A voice whispered from the darkness, whispering either words of comfort or words of lies. Slithering behind the running silhouette that wasn't even sure what was real or what was fantasy. Uncertain and unaware of the true damage they had caused, and the punishment for such consequences were more than they could bear.

Running, running, and running still, no matter how hard they pushed themselves, nothing changed. Getting nowhere as if trapped in some eternal prison of barren lands made of ash. Forever trapped here for the crime committed. It was then suddenly, everything blinked out of existence. Empty and lacking, fleeing on thin air in a realm of utter black with nothing but a cunning voice to follow behind. Constantly reminded them of what they had done...
Familiar faces flying by, eyes empty of happiness with faces bearing hopelessness. Faces of those dear, of family and friends, all those close to the heart. They didn't care anymore, their hope was lost. All of them turned their faces away and showed their backs, walking away in random directions with not a single word uttered. No amount of crying out their names could make them look back and return to fight alongside and face another day. They just walked away, disappearing into the very darkness that threatened to swallow them whole, trying to hard o run after them but seemingly trapped in place. Getting nowhere. It was too much... This last standing figure couldn't fight back anymore!

Falling to their knees, burying their face into their palms as they cried. Cried loud and painfully, the heaviness in their chest of let them down, of not being enough... of failing. It was too much. In a moment of anguish and silence, fear of being forever alone and just yearning for just one. One person to be by their side at the end of it all.
Hisses and whispers, an all too familiar voice rang forth. The very air growing heavier as if choking and smothering it, leaving the broken figure gasping for breath.

The voice whispered reassuring words, cunning words that were exactly what this individual wanted to hear, wanting nothing more but some haven of security in this hour of gloom. It was then, something sounded out from within the dark. Again, again, and again. Growing louder and louder every time it was uttered, and causing the very scene about them to crack. White light seeping through, the ground trembling and heaving as this second voice grew more dominate and urgent until all at once, everything fell apart. Black shards falling away, pouring out underneath as the teary-eyed figure hung suspended there like a limp doll. A rushing warmth blasting in their face like a gust of wind blowing away the rigid chill that had slowly consumed them, followed by another blast that numbed all senses and in one last wave, everything ceases to be.

Once trapped in the torment of the subconsciousness, swept aware to the warmth of living and the true horror of reality, mismatching eyes shot up in fear and alarm. Jolting forward in fright as cold sweat slide down fevered skin, panting labored and irregularly through quivering, part lips. Body trembling, unable to fight the flight of tears running down one's face. It was then a cold, wet snout pocked the immobile figure's cheek, gradually coming to as tired, blood-shot eyes turned to look to the source.
"Wow, finally you're awake, Scar, I've been here shaking you and yelling your name for the past ten minutes with no response." a young, bubbly voice announced, long tail swaying in a playful manner. "D-Dolos?" Scar whimpered out in a hoarse voice, unsure of what had happened. "Yeah? You were really, really deep asleep like 'tick on Dire' deep, and you were jerking and whimpering in y--" the young Ancient didn't even get a chance to finish as he was abruptly cut off and sent into a spell of surprising silence. Tightly the distraught Halfborn clung to the fox-like creature neck, crying harder as she hid her face, making her terror and pain obviously known.
Swallowing, Dolos blinked and just looked at her in uncertainty before managing a crooked smile, tail curling around and over her back in reassurance. "I guess it is that nightmare again, eh?" he inquired in soft tone, ears straightening up as to listen. No answer was given but judging by how she embraced his neck, he had a strong feeling that it was yet again the culprit.

A shrill sound then vibrated through the air, a streak of black and flapping of wings, alarmed by his bloodbond partner's distress. The golden eyed Crow landed and perched itself on Dolos's head, his gaze honed worried on Scar when she slowly pulled away, saying softly,"I- I don't know how much of this I can take, Dolos... they keep getting worse and worse, and I'm just so scared... scared that I'll be all alone in the end."
"But... you won't be." the little trickster Ancient said simply, twitching his tail away and smiling more. "I mean, think about it, you have Sorren and Willy, and then Seraphina and myself and Esmond, and not to mention all your pet friends at home."

"We're all here for you." Dolos gave a toothy grin, tail swaying as he caused Esmond to flap his wings and caw, hopping down to perch himself on Scar's shoulder. Fluffing himself up and rubbing against the side of her face in a loving way. Managed a weak attempt of a smile, feeling a little better upon hearing his words, Scar reached under the piece of thick cloth tied around her waist, retrieving a simple, mildly tarnished locket. Quietly she opened it, staring down at a family picture of sorts on one side, one that consisted of herself, her crow, Dolos, Willy, and Sorren. On the other side was a picture of herself sitting in great interest while listening to Seraphina retell stories and answer the many questions the curious Sealer had. But this locket wasn't as simple as it appeared, for then the downed Halfborn flipped over the side of the picture of Seraphina to reveal behind it a picture that, by some unknown means of acquire it, was a man. A man that not many liked, if not hated with a burning passion, hence why said picture was so cleverly hidden but why she had it in the first place...
Well, you wouldn't be able to get that answer out of her, unsure of how her answer would make others think of her.

--may continue--
Scar

Return to Creative Writing