Kita's Character Stories (Please don't post)

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Kita's Character Stories (Please don't post)

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:13 pm

The Pups

Main Characters: Kayode (wolfkin), Reynard (half wolfkin), Basir (rune dragon)
Side Characters: Lazarus (Wolfkin), Jenna (Human), Taris (Wolfkin)

Stories:
First All Hallows Eve
Pumpkin Pie
Leafpile
Death of an Ancient
Rain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Birds

Main Characters: Jovian (avian), Byrne (avian), Lonàn (avian)
Side Characters: Valdis (undead avian), Unknown Name (Madagascar fish-eagle avian)

Stories:
By, Jove, Lonny
Surprise Gift
Flowery Decisions
Returning Feelings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Halloween Pumpkins

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:50 pm

The First All Hallows Eve

"Here!"

The loud, dull thud on the table elicited a low sigh from Reynard. He pulled his attention away from the book he had been reading and glanced over toward Kayode who was standing and grinning like a fox by the dining table in the large, open living room. The next thing that caught his attention was the orange lumps that sat upon the polished oak. Pumpkins. Reynard's eyebrow raised as he glanced back toward Kayode, what on earth had he brought pumpkins for? Kay hated eating fruits and vegetables and Reynard was sure that pumpkin would be no different.

"Well, what are you sitting there for, let's do this!" Kayode's grin split and he pranced over toward Reynard, he grabbed his hand and pulled on him slightly to get him up out of the chair.

Reynard squirmed out of his hold but with a low resigned noise, pushed himself into a stand. He knew that Kay would never leave him alone if he didn't go along with it, so he asked, "What, pray tell, is it that we are doing?"

Kayode's ears pricked toward him and he chuckled, his tail wagged pleased that Reynard appeared to be willing to play his little game. He had been working for months to crack the stone man's shell, and maybe he was finally starting to get somewhere, "We are going to carve jack o'lanterns for All Hallows Eve."

"And what is the purpose of this exercise? I thought this was just something that children and kits did, we are certainly neither of those."

"Stop being such a stick in the mud," Kayode's bright golden gaze gleamed in his amusement as he left Reynard near the table and trotted over to get some knives to carve with, "A: it is fun to make them, and B: it's fun to make them. I'm sure there is some sort of real reason for it, I can't say I looked into it." He returned to the table and put a knife down for Reynard before he took the first pumpkin. A flutter of wings made both men look up from what Kayode had been doing as Basir landed onto the table, curious of the activities, "See even Bassy wants to join in on the fun!"

Reynard raised an eyebrow and sighed weakly, but watched as Kay cut into the top of the pumpkin and began to open the top. His thoughts drifted to the inefficient method that Kayode wielded the knife before suddenly he had the pumpkin pushed in front of him.

"We have to get that stuff out, you can do that part okay? Thanks Reyn, I will get this one ready to go," Kay grinned at him, wagging his tail pleased before he grabbed the second pumpkin to open that one.

Reynard shook his head slowly, of course he would get the job of actually having to clean out the seeds. Kay hated two things, getting dirty and any sort of edible plant, both encompassed in this one job. Resigned to the task, Reynard moved into the small kitchenette and fished out a bowl to put the seeds into when he heard a loud shriek of displeasure and Kayode's deep warm laugh. He debated for a moment if he should actually turn around, perhaps he could crawl out the window of the kitchen and be done with this process, but finally he sighed and turned to view the situation.

Basir was scrambling to get out from inside the open pumpkin, seeds and pieces of the gourd hanging over him as he finally worked himself free from his confines. Kayode was doubled over, clutching his stomach as he laughed loudly at the small rune dragon's misfortune.

A tiny smile flickered over Reynard's face before he shook his head and it slipped away to his normal stony expression, "Stop being so mean Kay, you should have helped him out of there." He crossed back to the table and helped the rune out of the messy pumpkin hitch hikers that had followed him out.

"Sorry," Kay chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head, ears laid back as he grinned, "It was just so cute and way too funny. I couldn't help but laugh." A soft chuckle escaped him at the memory before he settled himself and returned to cutting into the second pumpkin.

Reynard allowed Basir to scuttle away to finish cleaning himself off before he set himself on the task of beginning to clean out the pumpkin. He gave a brief glance toward the second one as Kayode pushed it toward him then back to his job, working quietly as he carved out the seeds from inside. He did his best to ignore the feeling of Kayode who watched him from where he leaned nearby against the table.

Soon he shoved the cleaned out pumpkin to Kayode who made a pleased sound and grabbed a smaller knife to begin work on carving out the face. Reynard looked over and watched him for a moment quietly, curiously, then back ahead to the second pumpkin that he was working at cleaning out. A comfortable quiet filled the house as Reynard listened to Kay's low humming while he worked.

Despite the fact that Reynard just wanted to be alone, he found it difficult to push Kayode away. He did not wish for social interaction, he mused as he picked up a knife and began to work at his own cleaned out pumpkin, he had been treated badly enough by both of his parent's families. However, there was a strange warmth that filled the house since Kayode had moved in and had taken it upon himself to stay. Reynard didn't know why Kay had stayed, nor for how long he would stay but a tiny part of him, a part he would never admit to, was perhaps a little glad.

"Whoa, Reyn that's so good, like damn how did you do that?"

Kay's voice broke Reynard from his musing and he looked from the man to his pumpkin then back again, "What? Oh, I just did what I normally do when I am whittling wood? Just with a softer medium.. it's not that different really.. is it?" he bit his lip weakly and looked slightly uncertain.

Kayode caught a glance of the droop in Reyn's tail and a bit of a smile flicked over his face before he nudged him playfully, "It's amazing, your pumpkin looks great!" His own tail wagged pleased, "When you are done, bring it out onto the porch, we can light some candles in them!"

"Um, alright," Reynard watched as Kayode grabbed up his pumpkin and a couple of candles, and trotted outside to set his jack o'lantern up. It did not take long for Reynard to get his carving finished and he carried it carefully out onto the porch.

Kay lifted his face and smiled wide at him before patting the deck next to his jack o'lantern. Reynard stomped down the faint warmth that bloomed in his chest and put his carved gourd down beside Kay's, quietly watching as Kayode put a candle inside of his and lit it also.

"There, perfect! First Hallows Eve together!" Kay grinned pleased at him and wagged his tail, slinging his arms around Reynard's shoulders who was busy studying the jack o'lanterns quietly.

"What did you do to that pumpkin..?"

Kay rolled his eyes and simply nuzzled his face into Reynard's hair before muttering, "Just shut up and enjoy them, not all of us are masters at carving things."

Reynard's body gave an tiny tremble and he glanced toward Kayode then ahead to the jack o'lanterns with the flames that danced inside them, "Okay.." he whispered and his tail gave a tiny wag of joy.
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Pumpkin Pie

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 pm

"Ahh! Reyn you look adorable in that apron!"

Reynard stood in the kitchenette, the pumpkin that Kayode had picked up for him sat beside him already gutted and cut, ready to be used. His sigh was loud and his tail bristled slightly in irritation as two strong arms slung down over his shoulders and a face appeared beside his, "What can I help you with now Kay? I thought that you were going to be making yourself useful for once."

"I'm done, besides what you are doing looks far more interesting doesn't it?" he grinned at him pleased before he spotted the pumpkin halves, "What are you doing with those? You can't make a jack o'lantern with it all cut into pieces like that."

"It's not for decorating, it's for eating," Reynard squirmed his way out of Kayode's hold, grabbed the pan with the pumpkin and slid it into the top of his wood stove, "I'm going to try my mother's old recipe for a pumpkin pie." He ignored the sharp whine that echoed from the man behind him as he shut the door and added more wood to the fire. When he looked back toward him he raised an eyebrow and frowned confused at the drooped tail and folded back ears of the wolfkin. "Ok what is the matter now?" he finally asked with a sigh.

"How can you waste a perfectly good pumpkin like that? It's not going to be any good as a pie, we could have made another jack o'lantern out of it!"

Reynard rolled his eyes at the pout, "Not everyone dislikes eating plants as much as you, you know, besides maybe you will like this." He crossed over to the other side of the counter and took the bowl he had been using to make the pie crust.

"I doubt it," Kayode passed back out of the kitchen, flopped into a chair and lay his head down onto his arms as he stare at Reynard. A wicked little grin crossed his face and his tail wagged pleased as he commented, "At least I get to watch you cook in that cute apron of yo--" He yelped and leapt away from the spoon that had been thrown in his direction.

"Go and make yourself useful, I will need more wood for the fire," Reynard glared at him as Kay continued to grin and wag his tail pleased at the adorable sight, "Well go on! Go before I throw something sharper at you."

Kayode laughed as he shrugged and head toward the door, "You wouldn't hurt me Kit, you like the way I look too much to mark up this face. I wouldn't be nearly as much fun to snuggle with at night now would I?" he grinned widely and dashed from the house as Reynard picked up a cutting knife.

With a loud, hissed sigh Reynard put the knife away and shook his head in frustration, one time, one time he got cold and now he would never be able to live it down, damn Kayode. He shoved a hand through his hair and turned back to working on the crust. He looked back over his shoulder and muttered a quiet, "Thanks," as Kay plunked down the wood and returned to his seat to watch.

Soon enough he was rolling out the pie crust and carefully transferred it to the pie plate as he hummed a quiet tune to himself. His tail flicked pleased along with the song in his head, he enjoyed the menial task much more than he would admit. Reynard enjoyed housework and cooking, he found it quiet and relaxing, something he had full control over the outcome that no one could say otherwise.

"Kay."

The man's eyes opened from where he was sitting and listening at the table and tilted his head to look toward Reynard who had turned toward him, "What's up Reyn? The pie from hell finished already?"

"Would you grow up?" Reynard rolled his eyes and shook his head, "I need you to come and do some stirring for me while I let this cool and add some ingredients in to the pumpkin." He crossed to the ice box and gently put the pie crust inside to allow it to settle and cool. His gaze flashed over to Kayode who pushed himself up and made his way into the kitchen, a low grumbling came from the man about the pie being too much work. Reynard shifted slightly and pulled the roasted pumpkin out of the wood stove before he scooped the pulp from the skin and into a bowl.

"Alright, what I need you to do," Reynard handed Kayode a spoon and the bowl, "is to start stirring that up into one smooth texture and I will get everything else ready to be added." He turned his back on the man who sighed pathetically to himself but did as he was asked. When the filling for the pie was completed, Reynard returned to the ice box to retrieve the pie crust and added the filling. He crossed back to the wood stove and carefully slid the pie onto the rack, added more wood and nodded pleased to himself, "Now we just have to allow it to finish cooking and let it cool and then we can have some pie."

"So you are done cooking for the moment I suppose?" Kay leaned his hip back against the counter, his gaze strong on Reynard as he watched the man straighten and turn toward him.

Reynard gave a nod and said, "For the moment yes, I have one more thing to get ready for it but that can wait for a little while I suppose."

"Good," a pleased grin split Kay's face and Reynard felt his insides twist as he pushed down the thoughts of how nice that smile made the wolfkin look. "You have been spending far too much time paying attention to that pie and not nearly enough time paying attention to me." He moved quickly before him and lowered his face in close with a grin as he met Reynard's mixed gaze, "I want some attention too, Kit."

Reynard's tail bristled and a bright blush lit his cheeks as he quickly and forcefully stomped down the warmth at the closeness. He struggled for a moment for a comeback before he simply grabbed Kayode, twisted him around and shoved him toward the door, quickly uttering "We need more firewood, right now, you better go."

Kay glanced back over his shoulder toward the man who had turned his face down and away, a wide grin at the fact that he could see the blush that burned in his cheeks. "Alright, Reyn, alright. I'll be back soon," he laughed to himself and his tail wagged pleased at the reaction he had caused.

Reynard slowly looked up after him when he was sure that he was gone and with a frustrated growl at himself, rubbed furiously at his cheeks to try to rid himself of the blush, "Stupid! Stupid, stop thinking like that. He's just messing with you, he's just gonna leave eventually." A small ache at the thought knotted in his throat before he shook his head frustrated and went to finish the whipped cream. Reynard kept a close eye on the pie as it cooked, and sent Kayode on any little task he could think of to try to keep the other man busy while they waited for it to cook and then to cool.

Finally he brought the pie and bowl of whipped cream over to the table and put them down before Kayode who sat pouting in his seat, "You have to at least try a little bit okay? I know it's made with pumpkins and pumpkins are gourds but you can do it anyway, it's not going to kill you." He cut a piece for Kayode and one for himself, added some whipped cream onto the plates beside the pieces and sat down, he looked expectantly at the wolfkin.

"If it kills me it's on you, you can just be sad that you never got closer to me than this because I'm pretty amazing but I won't be around anymore" he muttered the end and took a forkful of the pie. He looked toward the whipped cream and dipped the piece in before he slowly, hesitantly, took a bite.

Reynard watched as his ears pricked forward startled and he rolled his eyes as he tried hard not to laugh at the expression on Kayode's face, "Pretty good right?" He looked down to his own piece but paused in mid-cut when he heard the sound of a spoon scraping against a bowl.

A quick look up showed Kayode had covered his piece of pie in the whipped cream, his tail wagged pleased as he took the another bite and growled happily to himself. Reynard looked startled before he sighed and shook his head and thought, "I shouldn't have expected anything less from him I suppose. At least he is eating it I guess..." He took his own bite of the pie and ignored the happy noises of the man beside him.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Leafpile

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Kayode grabbed onto Reynard's arm, a wide grin danced on his face as he pulled on the other man in excitement, "Come on Reyn, I want to go and show you one of my favourite pastimes that my pack and I used to do when I was younger! It's too nice to be inside working all day today, you need to let loose a little and come do something fun."

Reynard pulled his hand away from Kayode and watched as the man pranced over toward the door. Kay's tail wagged pleased as he turned his gold gaze back on him, "I can't really stop right now Kay."

Kay's ears folded back against his head and a little whimper echoed out from his throat, and with a sigh Reynard pushed himself up from where he was working as he muttered, "Alright, alright." Kay smiled wide, ears perking up pleased, he knew that the puppy dog look would get to him. Reyn could never say no to the puppy dog look.

Reynard may pretend to be a hard stone but Kayode had a hunch that there was actually a big softy underneath that very stony, thorny and heavily defended exterior. "Perfect! I will go and get it ready!" Kay called over his shoulder as he dashed outside and into the cool autumn air.

Kay cleared the short staircase to the ground in a single bound and grabbed up a couple of rakes that he had found in the back shed. As Reynard joined him he gave him the second rake and humming pleased to himself he began to rake the leaves into a pile. He could feel Reynard's gaze as it followed him, an eyebrow raised and he heard him sigh but give in and begin to rake with him. It did not take the two men long to rake the leaves into a huge pile and Kay tossed the rake away over toward the porch, "Alright! Now we jump in!" He grinned wide at Reynard.

Reynard tilted his head toward him then back toward the pile of leaves, "Umm... Kay, this isn't really something that is all that unique to wolfkin," he turned his gaze over toward him, "I used to do this when I was a kid with my mother."

Kayode's ears folded back on his head and he gave a low whine as he pouted at Reynard, he had just wanted to do something that Reynard would have enjoyed, but perhaps this was not quite something that was his cup of tea, the man was always so serious. He sighed, "Well fine then, spoil sport, we can skip to afterward since you already did the leaf pile thing." He pushed his hands into Reyn's back and ushered him toward the house.

"Afterward? What are you -- Hey!" Reynard glare at Kayode as he pushed him down into a chair at the kitchen table.

"Just stay here and relax Kit, I'm going to go and make my family's special hot drink!" Kay grinned pleased at Reyn who turned his gaze away with a bit of a grumble. "Good, don't mumble," he tapped Reynard on the nose and smiled wider at the blush that lit the man's cheeks, "I'll be back soon!" He trot over to the kitchen to begin getting the drinks ready for them.

He moved around the kitchen easily and hummed to himself as he stir the hot milk on the stove in the pot. When the milk was beginning to warm he added in chocolate flakes before he stir it carefully to mix the two and keep it from curdling. He grabbed down two of their mugs and carefully pour the hot drink into them, and dropped some marshmallows onto the top.

"Tada! Kay's special hot chocolaty drink of deliciousness," he laughed at the name he came up with and slid the mug across to Reynard. He watched him expectantly as the man studied the cup and gave a sigh.

Reynard knew what hot cocoa was too, his mother had made some for him when he was younger. His gaze slid up toward Kayode though who was wagging his tail pleased and waiting for him to try the drink. He looked back down to the drink again, he couldn't ruin his mood, the man had tried so hard for him. He gently picked up the mug and sipped it carefully. He looked slightly surprised, the hot cocoa was better than most he had tasted before, "It's really good, Kay."

Kayode's tail beat happily and he grinned happily as he sat himself down at the table and sipped his own drink, "I will make it for you every year okay? I promise, we can have it when it gets cold and we have done work outside, it can be a reward for us! I would like that."

He smiled to himself at the blush that lit Reynard's face as he gave a little shrug and muttered a low, "Yea sure.. ok" as he sipped the drink again.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Death of an Ancient

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Reynard looked up toward the sky, his head tilted slowly as his gaze searched the dark heavens above him. The rain was pouring down from above, his teeth nibbled down gently on the skin of his lip. He had seen the blue lights from deep in the Vales as they blinked out and as some flew up into the sky above. Something had happened there, something bad, and now the sky wept.

"Reyn.... Kit?"

Kayode's voice broke Reynard from his contemplation and he twisted slightly to look at the wolfkin who stood on the deck under the protection of the roof's overhang.

"You okay?" Kay tilted his head slowly, his ears folded back on his head as he watched the man who was standing out in the rain. He wasn't sure why Reynard was out here, the man had muttered about feeling something wrong and gone outside, but he hadn't said a word since. He just stood in the rain and stared into the distance.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Reynard looked back ahead, his gaze searched the sky above him once more with a frown. Something had happened, something bad. He worked his jaw as he tried to figure out what it may have been before the sound of rattling broke him from his thoughts. He quickly looked back over his shoulder in surprise at Kayode who stood behind him with an umbrella, he shielded the man from the rain with a warm smile.

Reynard blushed weakly before he looked back ahead of himself to the sky again. "Something has happened in the Vales," he finally whispered, "I don't know what, but there was some sort of disturbance.. there were wisps and just..." he froze as Kayode gently brushed a hand over the side of his face in the short hair and gently pulled Reynard's face around, "Kay wha--"

His eyes went wide as Kay gently kissed him. His heart hammered hard in his chest, it threatened to burst from its confines. He could barely process what had happened when Kay pulled back and tucked Reynard into his chest and hugged the other man close. "I'm sure that it is fine Reynard. It sounds like something supernatural, something that is far beyond people like us," he murmured gently as he stroke his hand over Reynard's hair.

"But, but what if it isn't? What if... what if there was something bad that happened out there Kay?" Reynard bit his lip weakly and tried to push the kiss to the back of his mind, he would allow himself to dwell on the fact that Kay had done that again when he was less concerned. "Maybe we can send a message to one of the villages, they can go and see if someone needs help? I can't just forget that I saw something big happen over there." Reyn tensed slightly as Kay nuzzled his face against the top of his head.

"Reyn, some things may best be forgotten."
~Kita

KittyCatKita

By, Jove, Lonny

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:59 pm

The book slid gently onto the shelf as Jovian returned it to its resting place. The sun hung low in the sky and the light danced lazily through the stain glass of the upper window of the library. "Lonàn," he turned to look to the younger man who sat studying the manuscripts at the table, "the day grows old, we will pick up the lessons tomorrow."

Lonàn lifted his head from the reading he was doing and looked over toward Jovian, "We are not going late today? That is not like you," he chuckled softly and pushed himself up. He stretched up, cracked his spin and made a low, pleased noise. "You going to be a hermit today?" he shoved a hand back through his thick hair as he teased the older man.

Jovian raised an eyebrow with a tiny smile and a low chuckle escaped from him as he shook his head. He made his way over to the table and explained, "Not tonight no, I have a meeting I must go to soon. You cannot really find it that enjoyable to sit in here for hours upon hours with an old coot like me." He gently took one of the manuscripts, rolled it carefully back up and took it to the shelves.

"It's not that bad, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, I look forward to coming to your lessons and getting to spend time with you," the boy glanced away with a little blush on his cheeks, "It's not boring, trust me. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't wanted to be."

Jovian glanced back toward him and smiled warmly, "Thank you for your kind words Lonàn, I am glad that you are enjoying the lessons. I have greatly enjoyed spending the time working with you on some of these old scriptures." He put the final book away and looked back to Lonàn as he got his papers and supplies together.

A warm, pleased flutter was filling the young man's chest, his face light with blush as he glanced over toward Jovian again, "Same here, I have been looking forward to coming here," he quickly looked down embarrassed, "to study and stuff I mean."

Jovian's warm laugh echoed through the library as he tilted his head and gave a tiny nod, "I shall see you tomorrow then," he walked along with the boy to the door and looked down to him with his good eye, "Bright and early, we shall continue working on the early avian dialect."

Lonàn looked up toward him a moment and a tiny shiver made it's way through his body before he gave a sharp nod, "First thing, bright and early," he smiled wide at him, "Make sure that you are up, Mr. Night Owl," with that he left quietly.

"Mr. Night Owl hmm?" Jovian tilted his head slightly as he shut the door after the boy, "It has been some time since someone has called me that." He gave a soft chuckle as he moved to his room to gather his bag and cane to go out. He slid the satchel on gently over his shoulder, locked the door behind him and struck off down the road to go to his meeting. He shivered a tiny bit as he made his way into the small café and glanced around slowly in the dim light to find him.

Byrne. The penguin had always preferred meeting in the quiet café, a request that Jovian was glad to oblige. While he did not enjoy drinking the specialty coffee that was made, it was quiet and the atmosphere was comfortable and private, it made a good meeting place for them.

He finally caught sight of the man, a warm smile crossed his face as he raised a hand and waved gently to catch his attention. He crossed through the café to their usual table and sat gently into the seat across from him with a warm smile, "Good evening my friend."

Byrne looked up toward him and gave a pleased grin, "Hey, Jove! I'm glad that you could make it. I was starting to wonder if your books had eaten you."

The man raised an eyebrow and gave a slight smile at him, "Books do not eat people Byrne. They do fall on you occasionally however."

"Close enough," the man leaned back in the chair and sipped at his coffee gently, "There are times that you have gone into that black hole you call a library and I have not seen you for a week. It doesn't help my poor little heart when you vanish like that. Worries me, you know."

Jovian laughed softly and shook his head as he crossed his arms over his chest, "You have always come to dig me out when I get too buried in books," he tilted his head slightly, "I know that I don't have much to worry about when I have you to come save me."

"Darn right I have Jove," Byrne returned the smile, "and I will keep doing it when you go missing and get mauled by those paper traps you call books. Right old knight in shining armor like out of one of your stories. I guess on the topic of your books, that was why you had called me here today?"

"Well that is part of it, but can I not just want to see my friend after I hadn't seen him for a while? I may be known as a hermit but I do not always want to be alone."

"Did you not take on a student relatively recently?" Byrne tilted his head in confusion and crossed his arms over his chest thoughtfully, "I thought you had mentioned a little hummingbird flitting around and wanting to study under you."

Jovian nodded slowly, "Yes, Lonàn. He has begun in depth studies of classical avian with me. He appears to be rather dedicated to them, he is quite willing to come early and stay late with me in my studies."

"Willing to learn, willing to just sit and ooze all over you," Byrne muttered gently under his breath before he waved off the confused look Jovian had given him. "Well you know you can bug me to hang out anytime Jove. I'm always available for you."

Jovian blushed lightly as he gave a tiny nod, "Thank you Byrne. I do appreciate that. I had missed spending time with you. For now however, were you able to find me the book that I had asked of you?"

"Of course Jove, don't you doubt me. I pulled all the stops and got it for you! You came to the best you know," with a grin and thumbs up he twisted and pulled the book from his bag and offered it to Jovian.

Jovian's expression brightened and he smiled wide as he reached out to take the book. He felt his fingers slide gently over Byrne's skin, a faint tremble trickled down through him at the sensation. His gaze briefly flicked up as he took the book and caught Byrne's gaze. The man was smiling warmly and it was only the loud clink of someone's mug being place down that caused them to break their gaze and look away from each other. Jovian let out a low breath and gently slid the book into his own bag, "Thank you, Byrne. I am once again in your debt."

"Eh, don't you worry about that, Jove. I will make sure that you pay me back in full. Starting now, you can let me walk you back to your hermit hole," he laughed softly and both men gently stood from their table

"Very funny Byrne," he chuckled softly, shook his head a tiny bit and fell in beside Byrne to return home.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Rain

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Rainy Days.

How boring.

Kayode lay his head gently against his arms on the windowsill as he watched the rain drip from the roof and pour down from the dark sky above. There was never anything to do when he was stuck inside like this. His ears folded back against his head as he let his eyes fall closed. A low, frustrated sigh escaped from him as he listened to the noise of Reynard working behind him. The sound of wood chipping, cutting and sanding was echoing from the work table behind him where Reynard was busy working. Okay, so Reynard had things to do, but he was useless. He could leave, go for a walk maybe, but then again he knew the consequences of that. He knew that if he did that Reyn would never allow him to come back into the house if he went out and his fur got soaked. The wet dog smell wasn't that bad was it? He gave another sigh. Besides, despite his boredom, he wanted to remain with Reynard. However, he did wish that they could be doing something, anything, else besides working but he would remain with Reynard.

"Kay?" Reynard's voice broke him from his moping and he glanced back over his shoulder toward him. He laughed gently at the wood chips that were covering the man's arms and clothing from his work. A small frown graced Reyn's face and the strong design to do absolutely anything to make him smile filled Kayode.

"What's up Kit?" he tilted his head a tiny bit as he crossed his arms over his chest and turned to face him. He watched as Reynard leaned his hip against the table, "Do you need me to hold something for you?"

"No, no," Reynard looked toward the half made chair that sat on the table as he placed down his tools then turned back toward him, "I believe that the table has that job covered well enough. I wanted to know what was wrong?"

"Ah, nothing. It is just rainy days," he crossed his arms over his chest and yawned wide, "they are boring for me. You have jobs and special orders that you can work on, things that are important. Me? I just sit around here and wait for you to be finished." His golden gaze turned toward the table also and he almost laughed in his own self pity. He almost felt envious of a piece of wood taking all of Reyn's attention, he was pathetic.

Reynard frowned more and crossed his arms over his chest as he tilted his head slightly, "You could go and do something if you want? You don't have to stay here if you are bored. Why don't you go out for a walk in the rain? Some exercise would be good for your lazy butt."

"My butt is not lazy," Kayode grinned slightly at his jibe and his tail flicked pleased to himself, "I have seen you checking out my tail when you think that my back is turned, you know."

"What?!" Reynard expression turned startled then he glared at him, blushing furiously as he quickly looked back away to his workbench, "I have not! Don't you dare start making up lies like that."

Kayode couldn't help but give a laugh at the scene before him, he studied the embarrassed look on Reynard's face and the slight curl of his tail. He knew he had embarrassed the man, he knew he would have to give Reyn some more time to try to get used to this kind of thing. It was adorable, he wanted to hug him but held back and sighed gently to himself, "in all seriousness, I would rather be able to come inside the house when it is time to go to bed, Reyn."

Reynard glanced down from his workbench and back over toward Kayode as he gave a nod, "I suppose so. Well... um, if you want, you could help me work perhaps?" He waved a hand to the chair leg he was currently working on.

"Don't you remember what happened last time Kit? You got mad at me when I tried to help. I am just a big butterfingers. I would only mess it up and make you have to redo it all. I am no handyman." He tilted his head as he saw Reynard wave him close and, with a little sigh, crossed the room to him, "Alright, alright. What can I help you with Kit?"

Reynard looked up toward him and nibbled on his lip nervously before he leaned up and kissed Kayode's cheek gently, "Cheer up. It unnerves me when you start acting like this. I don't like it when you look so blue. So just... cheer up okay?" He stare at Kayode a moment before he turned back to his work embarrassed.

A huge smile split Kayode's face and he laughed pleased as he grabbed Reynard in a tight hug and nuzzled his face against his neck. "Sure thing," he whispered pleased, "Anything for you Kit. Anything at all."

"Get off! If you are willing to do anything for me then you should let me go! You are such a pain!" Reynard squirmed from his hold and muttered to himself as he turned his attention back to his work.

Kayode laughed again as he tilted his head, unable to help the pleased wag of his tail. Reynard may not like to show it, but Kayode knew. There was something deeper going on between them, he was glad. One day maybe Reynard would fully admit it. With a low sigh he slumped down into the chair opposite the workbench, laid his head down on his arms and settled himself to watch his boyfriend as he worked.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

A Surprise Gift

Postby KittyCatKita » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Surprise Gifts

The loud knock broke Jovian from his studies and he looked back over his shoulder, frowning in confusion. Very few people bothered to come to his home this late in the evening, then again, very few people came to his home in general. "Lonàn, would you please go and see who that is?"

"Of course Jovian," the young man pushed himself up and trot out of the library to the front hall. A moment later his startled voice called out, "Jovian! Come quick!"

Jovian quickly pushed himself up and ran for the door, worried. What had the boy called for? It sounded as though he was frightened by what he saw at the door. As he rounded the corner he spotted the hummingbird carefully walking the man into the hallway, supported on his shoulder.

"Byrne!" Jovian hurried to them, his body trembled with worry as he took in the matted, bloody look of the man who hobbled into the study with them and collapsed weakly onto the couch with a low sigh. He looked toward his student who was stepping back away from them and said, "Lonàn, please excuse us. I believe our lessons are over for today. I must take care of Byrne right now. I will speak with you tomorrow."

Lonàn quickly loooked to him, nodded sharply and whispered, "Alright," before he turned and went to his desk. He quickly gathered his things and head out with a single look back.

Jovian watched as the young man left before he quickly looked back to Byrne, trembling worried as he carefully took a hold of his face and tipped it gently to get a better look, "Byrne.. what did you do this time?!"

The man turned his bruised face up and gave him a weak little smile, "Just a personal errand. If you think this looks bad, you should see the other guy," he winced as Jovian softly pushed his hair out of the way to look at a cut on his scalp.

"That is not funny, you should not joke about this!" Jovian narrowed his eyes on him frustrated and trembled a bit, "You had me so worried..."

Byrne turned his violet gaze up toward Jovian, the smile slowly drifted away and he gave a tiny sigh. "I'm sorry," he muttered gently, "It is fine, my own dumb fault for getting spotted."

"Spotted? Byrne what were you doing?" he narrowed his eyes and gave a frustrated sigh, perhaps it was best if he did not know. He pushed himself straight, "You stay here a moment and I will go and get a first aid kit. Is your arm alright?"

Byrne tensed and glanced toward his metal arm. The fingers curled and uncurled before he gave a slightly nod, "It seems to be fine. Valdis did a good job with it, it can stand up to my abuse," he chuckled weakly.

Jovian's face fell a tiny bit and nodded slowly, "Yes, she certainly did. I am glad that it is in working order. I am not nearly as adept with that as she was," he gave a weak smile and slipped out of the room. He gave a long slow sigh as he made his way down the hall and to the bathroom to get the first aid kit for Byrne. He was so pathetic, it had been 6 years since Valdis passed away and still that subject was painful to bring up and was a tough spot for his relationship with Byrne. A weak scoff escaped him, relationship? What relationship? The man was nothing more than a friend and never would be more! Stomping down his feelings, Jovian returned to the study to tend to Byrne's wounds.

The penguin looked to him, smiling as he returned and Jovian couldn't help but return it, ignoring the warmth as he started pulling antiseptic and bandages from the first aid kit. As he tended to Byrne's wounds, Jovian muttered, "You will stay out of trouble from now on?"

"Well can't promise that Jove, but I will do my absolute best to be more careful, is that alright?" Byrne smiled warmly at him and chuckled at the huffed sigh that Jovian gave in response. "Would it make it better that I was doing it to get you something?"

He glanced toward him with a frown, eyebrow raised as he tilted his head, "Of course not, you were still hurt. Anyway, what are you talking about By? I didn't ask for any book or antique recently, had I?"

"Well, no. I heard about this book that I knew you would really like, so I went to get it as a surprise for you. Ran into some trouble on the way back that's all." When Jovian had finished tending to his wounds, Byrne reached into the bag at his side and pulled out the leather bound book, offering it to Jovian. "I added a little something special for you in there," he admiited before he gave a low sigh, leaning back onto the couch, "Mind if I just take a rest before I leave?"

Jovian's eyes were wide and on the book in his lap, amazed that Byrne had brought him something so special. "O..of course, yes of course," he pushed himself up, "I will come and check on you in a little while to make sure that you are alright. Thank you for the book..." He bit his lip weakly and slipped out of the room as he heard a tired, "Mmhmm," from the other man.

Once in his library, he gently placed the book down, running his hands over the worn leather cover. It was a book he had been searching for for quite some time. He was amazed that Byrne was able to find it for him. He flipped the book open and paused, staring down at the flower that was gently pressed under the front cover. A delicate yellow daffodil...
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Flowery Decisions

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Jovian twirled the daffodil in his fingers as he sat in his chair, staring blankly at it as he thought about what had transpired with his good friend. Byrne had come to him a couple of days ago hurt from one of his crazy escapades and had, thankfully, healed up quickly. After convincing him that he was well enough, Byrne had returned to his own home. During that time, Jovian found he did not have the courage to bring up the flower in conversation and now he sat mulling over it. He gave a weak sigh, why on earth had Byrne given him a flower? As a thank you for helping him and allowing him to rest there? But if that was the case, why did he already have the flower with the book before he knew he would be attacked? It made little sense.

Lonàn tilted his head as he moved out from between the large, packed bookcases, arms full with the small stack of books he carried carefully. He placed them down onto his desk, studying his mentor quietly before asking, "Jovian, are you alright?"

The owl blinked and stiffened startled at the voice. Quickly he looked back over his shoulder toward him and gently placed the flower down, "Ah, I am sorry Lonàn. I was just thinking. Can I help you with something? Is there something that is confusing you?"

The man shook his head slowly as he studied him, "You looked like you were sad, or deep in thought. Not that being in thought is weird for you, but I rarely ever see you just staring off into space like that so I was just worried about you."

Jovian gave a warm smile and shook his head slowly, "Thank you, but I am fine.. I was merely thinking about this flower. I was given it rather suddenly and I am just curious as to why. I did nothing worthy of receiving a flower."

"Well, maybe it means something?"

Jovian tilted his head at the man's suggestion in confusion, "Of course it means something, flowers are usually meant as a thank you or perhaps a get well sentiment."

The hummingbird shook his head a little bit with a chuckle, "No, no. I meant like an actual meaning. There was this whole language of flowers subject that I read about in one of the books back in your library's depths. Maybe it has something to do with that?"

"Language of flowers...? I had forgotten about that book," Jovian pushed himself up and gently plucked the daffodil from the desk as he head for the shelving, "Thank you Lonàn. I shall look into it!" Carefully he made his way through the shelving until he finally found the book he required. It was a relatively small book, one he had likely picked up on a whim while in a used bookstore to add to his extensive collection, or perhaps Valdis had bought it and he had just put it into the back when she passed. Either way, he admitted he was unable to remember how this book had made its way into his library.

Jovian gave a weak sigh and carried it back with him to his desk. "Alright, let me see," he mused as he flipped through the pages. A... B... C... D... Daffodil.. daffodil... his gaze scanned down the page for the flower he wanted.

Daffodil, there it was. A flowering spring plant, also known as narcissus; he gave a soft laugh at the thought of who had given him the flower; and daffadowndilly, that is typically native to meadows and woods in warm climates. It's flowers are usually white to yellow, with some species being capable of producing orange or pink blossoms. It's symbolic meaning when given to another person is... Jovian's heart nearly stopped and he bit his lip hard as he read the next sentence... unrequited love, you are the only one for me and my day is always brighter when I am with you.

He quickly closed the book and looked to the flower that lay before him, body quivering with the nervous bubble of emotions. Byrne...

With shaking fingers he flipped the book open back to the beginning and read it carefully in it's entirety. He read each flower's description and meaning and made special note of a few of the flowers before he gently snapped the book closed.

"Lonàn," Jovian looked toward the young man who turned his gaze up from what he was reading inquisitively, "I do not believe there will be any lessons tomorrow. I must go into town to do some shopping and I am uncertain as to how long my errands will take so you may have the day off."

Lonàn gave him a warm smile and a bit of a laugh, "A vacation! Wow I won't know what to do with myself," he teased.

Jovian smiled with a nod, "I'm sure you will find something." He turned and made his way back through the shelving to where the book had been stored. Byrne.. he would send word to meet with him the next day for tea after his shopping. He took a deep, steadying breath, and steeled his determination for what he was going to do.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Returning Feelings

Postby KittyCatKita » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 am

It was late in the afternoon a few days later that Jovian finally had found a time when Byrne was available to meet with him. He had thankfully had the morning before the meeting to visit his favourite book stores before he had gone to a flower shop. He always relaxed around his books and used bookstores were some of his favourite places to go. The smell of the ancient pages and the dust just waiting to be brushed away settled his nerves. He had found only a few books he did not already have in his collection and had purchased two of them, but he had spent quite a good part of the day browsing and putting off the inevitable.

Jovian now sat at a small table outside the front of their favourite café, at the corner of the patio and awaited Byrne's arrival. His book bag sat on the ground beside him and his gaze was down on the royal purple ambrosia flower that he twirled in his fingers. Ambrosia... your love is reciprocated...

Was he really in the right to be give Byrne this flower? He did greatly care of Byrne, very much so. Probably more than he ever thought would be possible after Valdis' passing. However, after eight years of knowing the man and everything he had done for him, he found himself caring for him more than just friends.

A low sigh escaped from him as he placed the flower down onto his lap, struggling with his internal dilemma. He greatly wished to return Byrne's affections, but was he allowed to? Would Valdis ever forgive him for moving on since her passing? She would have wanted him to be happy, would she not? He bit the inside of his lip softly. If not for Valdis, it was questionable whether he and Byrne would have ever met in the first place.

Valdis had been brilliant; a beautiful, kind woman; someone who drew him out of his shell. It was through her research that he had met Byrne, the eccentric penguin noble who had turned up one day and requested her to develop a high tech prosthetic arm for him. She had revelled in the challenge and devoted herself to it, all the while the three of them had grown to be good friends. Byrne would spend time speaking with her as she planned and worked, or would attempt to drag Jovian into conversation whenever he was kicked out of the lab. In the end, six years ago, when the sickness had taken Valdis from him, Byrne was by Jovian's side for endless hours, helping to pull him up from the pit of despair.

He did greatly care for the man, enough to say that he did love him. But certainly Byrne deserved more than him. However, maybe, just maybe, he would be allowed this one thing. He loved Valdis with all his heart, he had spent many years with her, and many grieving for her loss. Jovian dropped his gaze down to the ambrosia flower again, perhaps it was time to allow someone else in to mend and complete his broken heart. Byrne had never left him, perhaps it would be okay...

He was broken from his musing and quickly looked up when he heard the sound of his name being called. A warm smile lit his face at the sight of Byrne waving and jogging his direction. He could do it, he would do it, perhaps they could make it work. He pushed himself up to his feet, hid the flower behind his back, and called out, "You are late."

"Sorry, sorry. I got held up," Byrne panted lightly as he stopped before him at the table, "I left as soon as I was able to get away."

"It's fine," Jovian shook his head and looked over him worried, "How have you been? Has the pain gone down? None of your cuts have reopened?"

"I'm fine Jove, don't you worry so much about me. Takes more than a few knocks to keep this guy down," he laughed gently before he tilted his head, studying the owl, "So what's up? You wanted to see me?"

Jovian gulped weakly and took a shaky breath as he tried to gather his courage, "Yes, I wanted to thank you and gi--" he froze in mid-sentence, staring back past Byrne's shoulder in confusion and alarm.

"Jove? Everything alright?" Byrne twisted slightly to look back over his shoulder also to see what he was looking at, "It can't be..."

The ambrosia flower dropped forgotten from Jovian's fingers as he stare at the woman who stood not far away, looking at them both with a faint smile.

"Valdis..."
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Return to Creative Writing