Freedom

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Freedom

Postby cippisweet » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:35 pm

The creature jumped on the cage, snapping at the metal bars. His fiery eyes were filled with anger and rage. He flapped his wings, trying to fly out. He couldn't. He roared, his voice ringing through the building like thunder crashing on a wooden pole on a stormy night. He whisked his tail around, growling at the cage. It was useless; he was trapped. But it wasn't always like this.

Before, he had been a normal, red wolf, trotting around the lands of Minnesota, enjoying life with his pack, and going on the occasional hunt. But things changed. Scientists took him and many other animals into a lab and preformed genetic tests on them, mutating them and changing their form. Unhappy with the final results, they forced the animals into a dark prison, left to die.

"Kai!" The familiar, feminine voice echoed through the building. Kai turned to the cage next to his, looking at the familiar, robotic wolf that had called him. "What is it, Cyber?" he replied. "Delta is nowhere to be found!" Cyber exclaimed, fearfully. "He's disappeared from his cage. Who knows where he is!" "Nope! I'm here!" a voice yelled. Much to her surprise, Cyber turned to see Delta banging on the wall of his cage where he admired her. "Thank goodness!" she exclaimed. "I must've not seen ya."

The dark green cat nodded. "I was just having a nap." He was somewhat small compared to the others, but his natural leaf display was outstanding. Kai's red, scaly body seemed to glow. "Huh?!" Cyber and Delta watched as Kai uncontrollably, and suddenly, lunged forward, slightly bending one of the bars. "One step closer to freedom!" Delta joked. Cyber and Kai nodded, smiling.

It was true. One step closer to freedom.

cippisweet wrote:Okay, you guys can post as I continue the story of Kai, Cyber, and Delta, and other animals in the cages, trying to escape to freedom.
cippisweet

Return to Creative Writing