<Safe Haven - Fanfic>

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

<Safe Haven - Fanfic>

Postby ★Feather★ » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Myths - The Safe Haven (Book 1)
{This story is based on the book series "Wings of Fire." You will find some similarities.}
- - - - -
Waters:
Water dragons are usually green and blue. They have gills on their necks and can spray water from their mouths if they are in contact with water. Their tails are strong, helping them propel forward in the sea. They also have webbed claws and water-proof wings. Some water griffins are capable of moving water but is a rare talent. Their leader is: Queen Aqua.
Fires:
Fire dragons are usually red and black. They can withstand any burning heat and can light their bodies on fire with no consequences. They can easily make a fire in front of them whenever they want to and in some cases, move lava. Their leader is: King Magma.
Natures:
Nature dragons are usually green and brown. They can jump very high and usually jump from tree to tree with ease. They have strong wings. One hit with their wings can send another dragon pummeling to the ground. Some nature dragons can kill another with one hit with their wings. Their leader is: King Treebranch.
Ices:
Ice dragons are usually blue and white. They have very sharp claws and can breathe frostbreath. They can also withstand freezing tempratures that no other dragon can live in. Sometimes, they can freeze a dragon with their mind. Their leader is: Queen Icestorm.
Lights:
Light dragons are usually white and grey. They can blind their opponets with their scales and their teeth are deadly. They can spit a poison acid from their mouths, which can kill a dragon in seconds if come in contact with eyes, ears, snout, or inside of body. Their leader is: Queen Whitewave.
Darks:
Dark dragons are a rare species. They have the ability to move objects or animals with their mind, as well as water, lava, fire, frostbreath, smoke, and the poison acid from light dragons. They can change their scales, varying from every color to invisible. Sometimes, in very rare cases, they can read minds/change other dragons's thoughts if they are born under starlight. Their leader is: King Deathtamer.[/b]
Nights:
[size=90]Only five species of Nights in Kileramo, currently, Night dragons are usually black or dark purple with stars on the underside of their wings. They have the same abilties of Darks and also can enchant anything with any spell or curse they'd like. There is a deadly side-effect though.

- - - - -
Main Characters:
1. Winterweather
2. Winterweather
3. Firefang
4. Firefang
5. Destiny
6. Firefang

- - - - -
Please tell me what you'd like me to change. I will be posting the chapters below! Thank you for reading!
★Feather★

<Safe Haven - Prologue>

Postby ★Feather★ » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Prologue
Queen Icestorm sat on her throne. All Queen's had been forbidden to have dragonets due to royal duties when they were busy but Icestorm had disobeyed the Kileramo terms. Her egg, in the royal hatchery had been said that it would hatch today. Slipping off her throne, she slithered over to the entrance of the hatchery. Every hall she turned, dragons were there to bow down to her, calling her "Queen Icestorm."
Being Queen was wonderful, but it had its consequences. Icestorm hated the way every dragon bowed low, not able to make eye contact while in the process. Entering the room with the only heat of the whole palace, she manuveured over to the egg. It had a crack along the top and a snout poking in the line. "Hello, dear. I'm your mother," Icestorm smiled down at the egg as it broke into a million pieces. The traditions for Ices were clear, so she had to follow them, of course. "May I name my dragonet. From this day forward, they will be called Winterweather. Also known as Winter."
She added the last part, allowing the name to be shortened a bit. Icestorm gazed down at her new-born dragonet. How would she keep this a secret? She couldn't have a dragonet when they were in the middle of a war! "Mama?" the dragonet, now known as Winter squeaked.
"Oh, my baby. You'll stay here. No coming out, sweetie. Alright?" Icestorm chuckled, setting Winter down on the ground beside her haunches. "Please keep safe. Don't let any other dragons find you."
Sliding out of the hatchery, she sighed and watched as dragons bowed to her in the halls of her palace.
Last edited by ★Feather★ on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
★Feather★

<Safe Haven - Chapter 1>

Chapter 1 : The Awakening
I sighed as the sun set. I was in the hatchery, alone, afraid, unprotected. But to be honest, I was afraid that my mother and father hated me. My heart had shattered when my mother had left me all by myself in the royal hatchery. Why did she have to leave so soon? "My dearest, are you in here?" a voice asked gently from behind me.
My ears pricked up. Maybe my parents had changed their minds about me! But when my head turned, a different Ice was padding into the hatchery. What had my mother said? Please keep safe. Don't let any other dragons find you. My mother had said before dashing out of the room the first time.
I hid behind a stack of pillows in one of the corners, gently tucking some on top of me, encasing myself in pillows. I was three years old now, living on one piece of prey everyday from my mother. "Winterweather?" the voice said.
In the dark light, the room felt creepy. I always had the shivers when the sun went down. Finally noticing the voice had said my name, I crept out of the pillows. The strange Ice had light blue scales with streaks of white in them. Their eyes were white like mine. "Hello," I muttered quietly. "Who are you?"
The other dragon's head propped up and turned to me. "Oh, hello. Are you Winterweather?" they asked gently. "My name is Snowpatch."
"Yes. I'm Winterweather," I said cautiously. If this dragon was a bad guy I was supposed to be hiding from, would I be able to defend myself? Oh what am I kidding! Of course not! They were larger than me, probably three times my size! "Why are you here? I don't think my mother would approve."
"Oh, and who is your mother?" Snowpatch asked. "Perhaps Icicle? Or Hailsnow? Your mother has to be royal, or is your father?"
I puffed out my chest, as if my mother would come swoop in and say, "He is my dragonet." But of course that didn't happen. "I'm Icestorm's dragonet." I replied.
I didn't know who my father was. My mother had just said he was a great dragon, but never told me his name. "Oh!" Snowpatch gasped. "Really? I-she- She isn't supposed to have dragonets. You aren't supposed to be alive, Winterweather. Go, spread your wings, fly away, maybe they won't find you. The Peace Rulers. You can hide from them, Winter."
I blinked, not knowing how to reply. Who were the Peace Rulers? "How? Why? Who? Won't mommy be mad?"
"No, of course not, honey," Snowpatch purred. "She'll be proud of her son. Not many dragonets have the guts to face the outside world until six years old but you might be able to be brave enough."
My eyes widened. "Really? Mommy will be proud?" I squeaked. If mother was proud, maybe she would talk to me more! I puffed out my chest. "Okay! Then I'll go. Will you come with me?"
"Of course!" Snowpatch smiled, as if the answer was as clear as day.
I beamed. Maybe then mommy will pay more attention to me. Maybe I'll be more royal, more important. Then everyone will see me. I thought happily.
Last edited by ★Feather★ on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★Feather★

Re: <Safe Haven - Fanfic>

Reserved
★Feather★

Return to Creative Writing