Small Irrelevant NPC Fics

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Small Irrelevant NPC Fics

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:02 pm

The Smallest of Ways
Two Bad Decisions
Sea of Troubles

Don't mind me just writing.
Feel free to post to mark or comment.
Last edited by Startedraining on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Caladaer x Fenrir

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:02 pm

You are beautiful in so many ways.

I do remember that my nights before you had been so alone, and though we don’t sleep in the same space, you sleep beside me, across the fire, your delicate red hair is pulled back behind your shoulders. You looked so peaceful, I noted one morning, just as the sky began to turn a pinkish orange and change the desert sands to a radiant display of warmth. The stars so far above us still glistened weakly in the morning sky, refusing to let go of their precious light. Eventually each one twinkled out, except for one. You. My star.

Sometimes I went hunting for you. Other times you went with me. I always admired the graceful tone your body had as it arched to let loose a deadly arrow. What enthralled me the most, however, is the delicate look of awe you always seemed to have. Much like a frightened deer, and of that I was certain you were. How I longed to push back all of my insecurities and fears to let you know that you were no longer alone in them. I’m sure that is what you wanted to do to me, too.

The sheer force of travel weighed you down some days. The sands were no match for you. We would take breaks, and our companion would wander away. It was then that we had our moments of rest and leisure, our conversations became personal. In each way I fell in love with you, but no I would never tell you that.

It was only until you brushed your hair from your face one morning while our friend was asleep that you muttered my name, the sweetest syllables that came from your lips behind it were enough to drive me crazy with romantic and other desire.

“Fenrir, I love you.”

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Sealer & Cally & Fenny

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 pm

The desert was beautiful. Whether the Sealer liked it or not, they couldn’t deny the beauty of the shifting landscape. After leaving the oasis, the land looked empty and bland, but with Fenrir’s expert advice and attention to detail, Sealer’s mind had opened the desert into a whole new world. The shapes of snakes and lizards under the sand. The angle of the cactus making it look like a man squatting to relieve himself. Fenrir had a sense of humor, at least, and Sealer could appreciate that he was trying to make friends after being somewhat closed off before.

Sometimes it would seem as though Fenrir wasn’t really there, he would be distracted, dissociative, wild, unmanageable. Caladaer and Sealer couldn’t do much to bring him back, except keep walking. Sooner or later, Fenrir would return.

Occasionally, too, as they were sitting together around a fire, cooking some ungodly kind of meat that Fenrir had managed to snag from the desert sand, Hubris would make himself known. It was painful to watch definitely, but more painful for Sealer to watch Cally suffer. Something had connected the two of them in a way Sealer didn’t understand. They were similar to Sorren and Willy, however the way they showed their affection wasn’t through bodyslams or wrestling matches between the sheets. It was more comforting. They helped each other. Never once did Sealer ever fall asleep without first seeing Cally pull out the golden rose, admire it, and safely stash it away again.

Sealer knew when they were leaving the desert territories. Savannah grasses slowly began to replace the cactus. Soon the grass was overtaken by undergrowth, and sparse trees. Sealer took time to marvel at how huge the world seemed. They hadn’t even seen much of it. The past few years flashed before their eyes and they ached at the memory of their life before, whatever that was. They didn’t even remember. The ancient of memories...

Sealer stopped. No. Not that. Not now. Not ever. He continued in his travels for a few more days before letting himself think once more.

The smell of cooking rabbit roused the Sealer out of a deep, dreamless sleep, the first good rest they had since entering the desert. They sat up and appreciated the leaves of the trees above them. They missed it. It may or may not be their favorite. They would need to think about that. Regardless, that rabbit smelled good.

Cally emerged from the trees, practically purring with delight. A variety of flowers were bundled together in his arms. “Swamp orchids, lantern pansies, gentle hollyhock. There are so many flowers, Sealer, I’m overjoyed.”

Pansies? Hollyhock? Those were garden flowers. What were they doing in the wild in such quantity? Sealer shrugged to no one. “They look pretty Cally, what are you going to do with them?”

“Seeing the forest again is such a relief, Sealer. I am going to make us flower crowns. This hollyhock will do nicely as a ring.” Cally plopped himself down beside Sealer, pulling out a long strand of hollyhock to show. He was right, the stem was long and thick. A nice ring indeed.

“Where is Fenrir?” Sealer asked.

“He said he was going looking for something for me. Some wild lettuce maybe, who knows. He said not to worry about the rabbit, you’d wake before it burned. You’d never let it burn.” Cally chuckled to himself, “You are silly about your food, I will say that.”

His laugh sounded a bit off. Sealer frowned a bit. “Are you okay?”

Cally looked at them, his eyes were clear. “I feel fine. Are you?”

Sealer nodded, “I guess I’m just tired.”

“I understand,” Cally went on his business making crowns. Sealer watched the rabbit cook, rotating it occasionally to cook it evenly. hey were definitely hungry. Fenrir appeared as well, at some point, quietly. He pecked Cally on the cheek, as if Sealer wouldn’t notice, and sat across from him.

“Ready to tear into this rabbit?” Fenrir asked excitedly, “I’m starved.”

“Go ahead, Fen.” Sealer motioned for him to have at it.

A few minutes passed. Sealer listened intently. He could hear faintly the sound of birds, but when he concentrated, they were even fainter. Fenrir moved in an odd way. His limbs twitched occasionally. Perhaps this wasn’t Fenrir. Sealer ignored him. Cally was sitting, motionless, staring up at the trees above him. His eyes moved, maybe to follow a squirrel. Sealer also ignored that.

Sealer stood and collected their thoughts. A walk would do them good. They picked up a small piece of the rabbit, and munched on it on the way past Fenrir. The trail wasn’t far past the trees. Sealer would be back soon. The rabbit was tasteless. It left no residue on their hands. They licked their hands curiously. Nothing. They turned abruptly to look behind them.

Cally and Fenrir were behind him. Their eyes were glassy, empty. “Are you okay, Sealer?” they asked in unison.

“Y-yes, I’m going for a walk,” Sealer whispered, “I’m fine.”

Fenrir turned his head to the side, “Okay.”

Neither of them moved. Sealer took a step back. Then another. And another. They bumped into a tall, cold object. They turned around and stumbled back with a cry. Animus’s head loomed over him, ooze dripping from his mouth.

“Sssssealer...” It groaned. The lifeless body of Animus made a choking sound, “Ssssealer...”

“You killed Animus,” Fenrir and Caladaer said together. “You killed him, you killed him.”

Sealer wheezed, a pain in their side caused them to cry out. “I didn’t. I didn’t. I don’t want to remember. I didn’t, I had no choice.” They screamed as the pain intensified, “I didn’t want to. I don’t want to remember.”

Sealer sat up right. The night was quiet. The fire was adequately banked for the night, and the sleeping bodies of Fenrir and... Cally was gone. Sealer instinctively stood up and took inventory. Where was Cally’s pack? There, by Fenrir’s. His rose? Sealer checked the pocket that kept the precious cargo. It was empty. Sealer cursed.

They moved over to Fenrir and shook him awake, gently. “Fenrir. I can’t find Cally.”

Fenrir awoke immediately. Together they scouted the area. Cally must be around somewhere. Sealer was still disoriented from their. Nightmare? Nightmare. They replayed it in their head over and over again.

Eventually they found Cally, knee deep in the undergrowth, touching a very old tree. Sealer yelled, “Cally!”

The elvian jumped, startled, and suddenly flustered. He hid an object behind his back and shuffled in front of the tree. “What are you two doing?”

“Sealer woke me up. You’d gone missing. Had to find you, of course,” Fenrir said calmly. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing. I don’t even remember. Let’s go.” Cally walked between the two of them, and Fenrir followed him effortlessly. Sealer was reluctant, but followed.

“How do you not remember, Cally?” Sealer asked.

“Easily,” Cally snapped, “Kill the Ancient of Memories. I don’t want to talk about it.”

Sealer stopped dead. Fenrir kept along with Caladaer before they both realized they had stopped.

“What did you say?” Sealer said, stepping forward to Cally.

Cally looked embarrassed, “Nothing, Sealer, I’m tired... you were prying... I’m--”

Skin connected with skin, and Cally stumbled back, a small cry escaping his lips. His cupped his hand to his face just as Sealer came to hit him again. Sealer was thrown backward, clipping a tree. Their shoulder screamed in pain, and Sealer was knocked out. He heard the howl of a wolf as he went under.

Sealer woke up. They didn’t know where they were. There was no sound. No birds. No bugs. Silence. Fear overwhelmed them. They sat up and immediately let out a yelp of pain. Dislocated shoulder. They grabbed their arm with their other hand, and stood up gently. Caladaer and Fenrir were nowhere.

Sealer panicked. They started to run in the direction they went the night before. Camp surely must be somewhere.

They didn’t know how far they ran, they must have passed the camp at least four times now. Where were they? “Fenrir? Cally?” They called into the forest, still as quiet as a tomb.

“Cally, I’m sorry!” Sealer cried, “I don’t know what came over me! I’m sorry!”

For all the Sealer knew, they were alone in the endless expanse of forest. There must be something out here. How long until he found Fenrir and Caladaer?

Several days passed before Sealer found the trail again. Several more before he caught up with Caladaer and Fenrir. They made no conversation, but welcomed Sealer back without comment. Attempts to speak with them were ignored, except for Sealer’s apology.

Sealer knew they had gone too far. Caladaer still had a bruise.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Sorren x Willy

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:05 pm

He never lashed out at anyone. He was always kind and always at any given time, striving to be understanding and supportive. Despite the life he had been forced to live-- an ugly story to say the least-- he tried so hard to be someone else.

He slipped up once, though, and it nearly cost him everything that mattered to him. The only thing that mattered to him.

“Willy?” A groggy voice came through the door, followed by a quiet sigh. A greeting meow from Fiore could also be heard. A dazed looking Sorren leaned through the door that Willy had left ajar the night before. The redheaded pirate was fast asleep still, perhaps drunk. Sorren felt an overwhelming amount of affection for the man, and yet, an insane amount of guilt. He frowned at himself and left the room to continue down the hallway.

He found a seat on a very scrappy couch, one that had seen better days. Just like us, I suppose, Sorren though bitterly. The crummy shed they currently resided in was less than pleasing. Sorren dreamed often of finding a new home that he could share with Willy. Willy deserved the world. It was, in fact, Willy who had found this place, for very cheap. With the income from his glass shop, he was able to keep it afloat, but barely. There were no spare baubles to sometimes even buy food, definitely not enough to obtain better furniture or save. Sorren frowned again.

There was so much he wished to do, to experience. Why was he trapped here, in the cold and windy Silverport? Why couldn’t Willy and him just leave? The glass shop could relocate. Maybe to Alabaster. Business would be booming there. No one needed glass in Silverport. Sorren realized his fists were clenched in anger. He did his best to relax them. So much of him was aching to escape, he hated suffering. He had suffered long enough.

A groan was heard from the other room, and a heavy cough, followed by a loud “Sorren?”

Even hearing his name in that voice made his heart stutter. Sorren stood up and hurried to see his love, chuckling under his breath like a child. How did he manage to get so lucky?

There was a crash and a scream. Night blanketed Silverport, the only light was cast through the open curtains of a bakery. Shadows flitted across the light stream that shone on the undisturbed snow on the street. Another scream. Two figures threw themselves out of an alleyway that one couldn’t even guess was there, it was so small. In their arms were at least 4 loaves of bread each. A feminine voice shouted after them, but they could not hear what it was she was shouting.

The slimmer of the two figures was ahead, his eyes scanned the streets before ducking into yet another small and hidden alley. The second followed. It was only then that they stopped running.

“I hate stealing from her,” the second one muttered, “She was so kind to us as kids.”

“We have no choice, unfortunately.” replied the first.

“Sorren...”

“No, Willy, we have no choice. Silverport knows us. No one will hire me, you know why. Your glass shop is only around because WE are the ones breaking people’s glass at night. To steal from them. I hate this town, Willy. I always have. We have no choice.”

Willy was taken aback. Never had Sorren spoken to him so harshly and so honestly.

“I can’t leave... this is my home. This is our home,” Willy offered, “We built so much here--”

“No! If you don’t see that Silverport is a dead end, then fine, you don’t have to leave. Back when we were pirates we could go anywhere in the land, but I can’t be stuck here. I’ll leave.” Sorren was shouting at this point, his hands were in balls, it seemed as though he was choking back tears.

“Sorren, no, don’t leave,” Willy reached out to grab his hand, only to be thrust back by a force that had to be some kind of magic. Searing pain shattered in his chest, causing him to cry out. Sorren vanished into the night in a flurry of feathers and anger.

Willy gasped for breath, the bread he had been holding was now scattered in tufts across the street. He couldn’t get up. His head was spinning. His chest hurt. Everything went black at once.

A humble and candle lit room welcomed Willy when he reopened his eyes. Then came the pain. His chest ached, not only where he had been struck by the magic, but in his heart. Sorren left. He was gone. So many years, so many tears, and laughs, and so much love. Gone. Willy scanned the room. A single bed, an oil lamp, and several candles atop a bed stand were all that he could see.

Sorren was nowhere to be found.

“Broken ribs... aye...” a male voice made its way into Willy’s sleep. “Couldn't leave him to die in the cold... he grew up around here... owns the glass shop...” the voice faded, or maybe Willy did. He was sound asleep once more.

His dreams had been fitful. He didn’t even know how long it had been since he had been fully awake. His chest still ached.

It was a long time before Sorren returned to Silverport. While he had regretted vanishing almost as soon as he had decided, what he did would change their lives in Silverport. He carried with him several bags, filled with baubles. Hundreds. Maybe thousands. Enough to keep them safe in Silverport for as long as they needed. Sorren had sold his executioners talents to earn these baubles in Alabaster. Four days of work had earned him this much. He didn’t need to kill ever again. He couldn’t wait to tell Willy.

Sorren spent days looking. Searching every single nook and cranny he could think of from his youth. Willy was nowhere to be found. He paced outside the glass shop. Residents avoided him, as per usual, but no one commented to him where Willy was. Soon he became desperate. He began asking people. Have you seen this man? Do you know where I could find him? A sad old man was the only one to answer.

“He’s in the loft above the bakery.”

“I need to see him, sir,” Sorren said firmly to the baker’s husband. The bearded man nodded and beckoned him to the single room at the end of the hall. Sorren thought about when he had last walked in on Willy sleeping.

The sleeping shape was no longer Willy. Bandages covered his chest and he was rested on a mountain of pillows. He was wide awake. There was no love in his eyes. Sorren found it hard to take a breath. The baker’s husband muttered a good luck and exited the room.

“...Willy, I-”

“Stop.” Willy said hoarsely. He cleared his throat.

“What can I do?”

Willy didn’t look at him. His red hair was unkempt. Sorren ached to run his hands through it to smooth it out.

“I think you’ve done quite enough.”

Sorren returned the next day. And the next. Soon Willy was out of bed. The husband had said he was recovering from 3 cracked ribs and one broken rib. Lucky to have survived, he said. Sorren brought him food each day. Willy never asked where it came from, Sorren never told him about the baubles.

It was only on the third day that Willy finally broke the silence.

“Where the hell did you go?”

“Alabaster.”

“And you... what did you do there?” Willy asked critically.

“I was a hired hand. I... I made a lot of baubles. Thousands. I was tired of hurting every night. We--you-- deserved better than what we had.”

“I was happy with what we had. To hell with the baubles. You left me. I could have died,” Willy was sitting up in his bed, grimacing with the effort. Sorren lurched forward to help him. A fist slammed into his jaw, momentarily stunning him. He looked at Willy with hurt eyes.

“You did it for us. I was happy with us, the way we were. It could’ve been better, but you did this for us. Thank you.”

Sorren touched his bruised jaw, trying not to grin. Willy smiled at his obvious pain. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Willy.”
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Caladaer x Fenrir

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:36 pm

“The darkest corners his mind are illuminated by your touch. The parts of him that love himself are aroused and awoken from their slumber, with you, he can take on the world,” Sealer squatted down beside the Elvian, reaching out a hand to touch his shoulder.

“Without you, there would be no Fenrir left to protect.”

The Elvian looked into a light blue horizon, separated by only a thin strip of orange. The sun was rising, each moment the sky became more pink, then more yellow, until finally it resolved into blue. Caladaer didn’t know how long he sat there, contemplating his love for the rough wolfkin. How many moments had they shared together that no others could? When the venom from the sandwyrm was wrecking his body from the inside, how many hours could have been counted in which Caladaer had not moved a muscle, enveloped deep within Fenrir’s spirit, and unlocking his truest desires.

What he had found there was nothing short of a surprise. Hubris himself was hidden away, along with memories of an abused life. A broken soul, to Caladaer’s heartbreak. Emotions flooded him, coursing through his body as he remembered the more private, intimate thoughts Fenrir had for the Elvian. A gush of warmth entered his cheeks, and he pulled up his knees like a child to hide away his blush. The Sealer did not move as the sun rose, they simply turned up their nose to the sun and closed their eyes.

Why could Fenrir not relax around Cally as Sealer did? He was always fighting to keep Hubris back, he has fought so long. Was there any way to return Hubris to his own physical form? Was Fenrir cursed to vanish when the Ancient became too strong?

Caladaer refused himself the luxury of thinking of such a thing. A world without Fenrir, even with the Ancient of Oblivion around the corner, would be the worst thing Calader could imagine. The greatest war of all time, where he and all of his friends would go down in history for, meant nothing to him without Fenrir.

After careful consideration, Sealer reached to tap on Caladaer’s shoulder, “I think we should be going now. Fenrir will be waiting for us at camp.”

The Sealer stood and stretched, and plodded away without another word. Cally’s ears flicked away a fly. The world stood still.

Fenrir was waiting for him.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches