Eldsona Creation Station

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Bonded Vote: How does the Dire Wolf Help our Character?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am

Darak'i Deserts
No votes
The Celtlands
No votes
The Norlands
No votes
Alabaster City
No votes
Silverport
No votes
Faldurin's Reach
No votes
The Oriental Isles
100%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: Eldsona Creation Station

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 pm

What Ancient - or other being - does our Character Follow?
    Jun 29 2016 - Jul 2 2016

• Hubris
    0 votes
  • The Ancient of the Wilds
    0 votes
  • Mythandian, the Ancient of Life
    43%
  • Sullivan, the Ancient of Oblivion
    0 votes
  • Seraphina, the Ancient of Fate
    1 vote
    14%
  • The Yin Ancient
    3 votes
    43%
  • all of da Ancients!
    0 votes
  • none
    0 votes
  • Silver, we need more Ancient options
    0 votes

Total votes : 7

Holy Dolos! We have a tie! I decided to let us all try a tiebreaker vote rather then toss a coin, but if we each another tie, that's what I'll do. XP Have at it, you crazy voters! It's the toothy cervine Ancient of Life vs. the masked cervine Yin Ancient, and why in Oblivion are you guys giving our Wolfkin character a delicious Deer Ancient to worship? XD This is one crazy Wolfkin.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:38 am

What Ancient - or other being - does our Character Follow? TIE-BREAKER
    Jul 2 2016 - Jul 4 2016

• Mythandian, the Ancient of Life
    1 vote
    33%
  • The Yin Ancient
    2 votes
    67%

Total votes : 3

One measly little vote decided the Fate of our Wolfkin, and they are now a follower of the Yin Ancient! Huzzah! XD That's actually pretty neat, since we haven't seen nor heard much of ol' Yin. I'm curious as to the story behind what made our Wolfkin give up Wilds and Hubris to worship Yin. Any theories on that?

As for the next vote, we'll be deciding on our character's age! ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Whoo! The age of our Character is decided! XD

What Age is Our Character?
    Jul 4 2016 - Jul 7 2016

• Young Adult (20s - mid 30s)
    3 votes
    50%
  • Adult (30s - 40s)
    2 votes
    33%
  • Mature Adult (50s - 60s)
    1 vote
    17%
  • Late Adult (70 + )
    0 votes
    No votes

Total votes : 6

No votes for our Late Adults? XD Ah well.

Anyway! It's time for our nameless, genderless, faceless, Yin worshiping Wolfkin to get a job! XP Now, do we want our Eldesona to have an Eld specific occupation - like Seeker, Rune Bearer, Watch Crow, a Wolfkin pack member etc. Or do we want a larger array of options, like pirate, maidservant, tavern keeper, guard etc? I could definitely see them as potentially having more then one profession on the off chance we get a tie between two or more of the options, so once we start actually choosing a profession for them I'll likely give everyone the option of selecting two options. It should be interesting. XP

Let me know if you have any questions! Also no one has told me whether they want to vote on wolf subspecies. Speak up soon or forever hold you peace! If no one responds, I'll probably just roll a dice to determine whether or not our wolf will have a subspecies. I may even make it completely randomized and surprise all of you by making them an Arctic Wolfkin, or an Indian Wolfkin, or an Eastern Timber Wolfkin! XP
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Giant Talking Banana » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Marking so I remember to vote. ^^

╔════════════╗

Hello! I'm Giant Talking Banana.
I'm not active anymore, but I like
to keep some stuff on my account
around just for memories' sake.
xxxxxxxx<- Sadgati
--------signature made by me--------

╚════════════╝
Giant Talking Banana

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 am

Alright! So you guys want all the occupation options!
    Do we want our Eldesona to have an Eld specific occupation? Or do we want a larger array of options?
    Jul 7 2016 - Jul 10 2016

• Eld specific occupation!
    1 vote
    17%
  • Give us all the occupations!
    5 votes
    83%

Total votes : 6

So listen up! on how this is gonna work. Putting in tons of occupation options isn't really practical, so instead we'll start by narrowing it down. First we'll vote on a general path for our character. After we decide on that I'll put up a second poll with ten options pertaining to that path. So if you choose the path of a warrior, you'll get options like guard, mercenary, solider, etc. Some occupations, especially the Eld-related ones will overlap on a few.

Aaaand to make things interesting I'm giving everyone the option of two votes. You don't have to use both, but know that if we do end up with a tie, we'll be voting on both occupations. So our character could potentially be a kind-hearted tailor by day, and a mastermind thief at night. Or a former mercenary who is now a doctor. So many possibilities! And you always have the option of changing your vote up until the poll ends, so feel free to do so if you think your vote may help get a tie, or stop a tie - or even if you just change your mind! XD
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Just realized I won't be in town for the next coming days, so I decided to extend the poll by a few days so I can get the next one set up when I come back, rather then try and do so on my phone while away. XP

So vote away you guys!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:02 pm

And the Results are in!

Occupation Vote: Let's narrow it down a bit... What Sort of Path Did Our Character Choose?
    Jul 7 2016 - Jul 17 2016

• The Path of the Warrior
    2 votes
    13%
  • The Path of Leadership
    1 vote
    7%
    The Path of the Traveler
    0 votes
    The Path of a Servant or Apprentice
    2 votes
    13%
    The Path of a Healer
    2 votes
    13%
    The Path of an Entertainer
    4 votes
    27%
    The Path of an Animal Handler
    1 vote
    7%
    The Path of a Commoner
    0 votes
    The Path of a Scholar
    3 votes
    20%
    The Path of Magic
    0 votes

Total votes : 15

I find these results super interesting! I certainly didn't expect so many votes for Entertainer and Scholar. I felt certain there would be more votes for Magic and Animal Handlers. So what a fun surprise! It looks like our Wolfkin has a passion for performance and will taking the Path of the Entertainer!

It wasn't easy narrowing that to only ten specific occupations to choose from, but hopefully everyone will find a profession they feel like voting for. ^^ As before everyone will get two votes, and the potential for ties is always there! Let me guys know if you like these options for our character or have any other questions, suggestions, or concerns!

EDIT: Odd that - the poll didn't seem to reset from the last time. I've gone ahead and reset it, so all votes are back to 0 again. If you've already voted, please do so again. ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Occupation Vote: Let's narrow it down a bit... What Sort of Path Did Our Character Choose?
    Jul 17 2016 - Jul 21 2016

• Charmer (dancer/singer)
    5 votes
    36%
  • Minstrel / Musician
    3 votes
    21%
  • Wandering Storyteller / Bard
    3 votes
    21%
  • Troubadour / Trouvere (a Nobleman/woman poet)
    0 votes
  • Actor
    0 votes
  • Clown / Jester
    0 votes
  • Puppeteer
    1 vote
    7%
  • Acrobat
    2 votes
    14%
  • Jongleur (assistant to a minstrel or troubadour with a variety of different talents)
    0 votes
  • Animal Trainer
    0 votes

Total votes : 14

Bit late on this one, but here we go! Our character is a Charmer! How wonderful! ^^

But how good of a Charmer are they? OOooooOo!
Well, I decided to find out, so I rolled a random number, and turns out our Wolfkin got a 68, which we'll round up to a 70, and say they're a glitchin' good Charmer! ^^ Not quite a master yet, but with some more practice - who knows!? XD I'm thinking they either have some natural born Charmin' talents, or else became a Charmer at a young age and have been working very hard at their singing and dancing talents.

But that's a vote for another time if we feel like doing it. Right now, we have one more thing to decide on, and that is our Eldsona's gender. After that, I feel like we'll have enough of a base to move on to more fun things. So after that we'll start picking out their companions and bondeds! ^^ EEp! I'm so excited for that!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:09 am

What Gender Does Our Character Identify As?
    Jul 21 2016 - Jul 24 2016

• Agender
    0 votes
  • Female
    0 votes
  • Genderfluid
    0 votes
  • Male
    2 votes
    100%
  • Transgender
    0 votes

Total votes : 2

Wow! We only got two votes on that one! And both for male. That's pretty interesting to me... Curious if the gender just wasn't important to people, so they didn't vote, or if something else was a factor there. Regardless, it still counts! XD So our character identifies as male. Our picture of him is slowly starting to come together.

BUT! Let's forget about him for the time being and move onto Part Two! Everyone's favorite! Pets! OOoooOo!

So! I have a rough idea of how this could work, but I've had a busy week so I haven't had the chance to sit down and really plan it out. Once I get a plan sorted out, I will let you all know. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them! In the meantime we'll be picking out how many critters are bonded or companions to our Eldsona! For this vote you once again get two options. I would recommend choosing one bond option (either magical or blood) and then one companion option (one, or many), but the choice is up to you. Maybe you think our Eldsona should only be bonded to one creature, or you want them to have one magical bond and one blood bond.

If any of the votes tie we'll of course give them both! ^^ So there's the potential for our character to have bonds and companions depending on how everyone votes! So vote wisely!

Also, keep in mind that being a Wolfkin, our Eldsona will only be able to magically bond to a dire wolf if that's what's chosen. There are a few other restrictions as well - for example he won't be able to bond to a Sand Wyrm, since no one can do that, or keep a Rune Drake as a companion since Drakes can only be handled when they form magical bonds, which our wolfkin can't do.

EDIT: Was set to one option by accident, but I caught it after the first votes. Feel free to submit a second vote!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:30 pm

Alright! So I think I finally figured out a good plan for deciding on our Eldsona's pet bondeds/companions. Here we go:

Once we decide on what sort of bonds our character has, we'll vote on what species we want (unless we get magically bonded – then it will be Direwolf by default). The poll only allows a max of ten options, so I figure we'll split the species into groups for voting if it comes to that. The groups will be Avian Group (Rune Dragons, Phoenixes, Chillawings, Humming Bumbles, Glasswork Dragons, and Crows if applicable), Large Animal Group (Griffins, Sleipnirs, Ligers, Elkrin, Foo Dogs, Dire wolves), and Small Critters Group (Cuttlefish, Jackalopes, Otterlings, Prong Foxes, Sea Servals). Note that some species were removed since it's been established in lore that they do not bond or become companions.

So after we decide on the species we'll need to choose which particular pet we want for our Charmer.
Should the chosen species not have less then ten litters or pets released on the site currently (such as Chillawings or Glasswork Dragons) we'll have people nominate 1 - 3 of their favorites, and then narrow them down through a handful of polls.

If the chosen species has many pets released on the site we'll be doing this by a blind poll! Whooo! XP We're gonna add a bit of roleplaying to this bit. You'll get a choice of what path our Wolfkin will take. Each path holds several different litters of pets that were selected at random (I may try to tie it in so that the path is themed to the litters, but all the litters themselves will be selected at random before being put into groups, so it's unlikely to be very consistent). You'll then get to select which of those litters you'd like to chose a pet from.

Then we need to choose a pet from the litter we picked! Once again this will be random, and we'll throw some storytelling into it as well. Each pet will have small blurb written up about it, such as 'this direwolf comes bounding over to play with our Eldsona', or 'this otterling is distracted organizing sticks'. Each blurb will be assigned to a number (1, 2, 3, etc.) before we begin. Once the vote is decided I'll use this list randomizer to randomize the entire litter, and whichever pet lands next to the number of the blurb that won is our Charmer's beloved pet!

So – what do you all think? A bit complicated yes, but it gives us the most choices, in the least amount of polls, as well as a good balance of pure randomness and choice. And I wanted to make sure all the steps were lined out for everyone so they could see my underlying thinking, and voice any concerns before we start. ^^
Last edited by Silverhart on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing