Ridiculous Things You Thought As a Kid

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Ridiculous Things You Thought As a Kid

Postby Sphye » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 am

I used to think that the dodo had gone extinct much earlier than it actually had. I thought it was an animal that people had found the remains of, but never actually interacted with.

When my parents would challenge each other to name the band that performed a certain song, I thought that one had to be a genius to get any correct. Turns out it's not so difficult when the bands in question aren't before one's time. ^^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby NightAssassin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:46 am

Smol NightAssassin didn't know the difference between the majority of sports. Nowadays I just don't care
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

"The Universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby furby » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 am

Smol Gøner thought that suitcases were called "soupcases" and you put food in them.
Just like half the people on this website, I'm trying to get all of the pets. I have 184 pages left. I'm always looking for trades!
furby

Postby NightAssassin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Smol NightAssassin thought that those sparkly flecks in asphalt could have been gemstones.
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby Amanda » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:21 pm

As a little crumb, I thought that there was actually a Death Star in space. Probably from my dad introducing me to Star Wars.
xxxshe/her | est | art shop | ©Image
Amanda

Postby NightAssassin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Pringle wrote:As a little crumb, I thought that there was actually a Death Star in space. Probably from my dad introducing me to Star Wars.

If only that were true. We need to launch more stuff into space. A bunch of satellites and the ISS aren't enough!

*~*~*~*~*

I used to think that scientific names for things were made up by scientists on the spot, no prior context necessary.
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby luketear » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

when I was little, I legitimately thought "heck" was a swear word LOL. same with the phrase "sick and tired" for some reason?? maybe because it sounded like "sicken tired" to me which does sound similar to a swear word or something, idk. little me was weird.

ironically, I also thought a certain swear word was a normal word used for cats - similar to words like "kitty" - because I'd heard a guy in a movie call a particularly mean cat the word. said the same thing to our own cat when he got up on the counter and my mom was so shocked hahaha
"Non potrei vivere senza di te."
Rose | f | 21 | INFJ | Gryffindor | casual artist | Ghost-type Pokemon enthusiast
tumblr | flight rising | kaylune
"I could not live without you."
luketear

Postby Amanda » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

I thought that food from your pantry could literally pop out and come to life like zombies. Maybe it's because of a nightmare I had once that was just like that...I still remember it very clearly somehow. This was 9 years ago.
xxxshe/her | est | art shop | ©Image
Amanda

Postby Seasons » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm

When I was younger I thought their was an edge of the earth you could fall off of. Instead of its round and you just go in an enormous circle.
May Your Dreams become in your favor!
Seasons

Postby Vyntage. » Thu May 25, 2017 5:21 pm

I used to think men were metal underneath... like Terminators and women were the only true humans... like women were the only ones who could feel pain or emotions.

I was also under the impression that all Jewish people were good, loving people. All of them. I thought Jewish people were better than everyone else. (I'm not Jewish, btw. My mom was an extreme Zionist) Now, of course I know there are bad people mixed in everywhere and no one is better than anyone else.
Vyntage.

Previous

Return to General Discussion