Dooking Devils (Ferret Thread)

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Dooking Devils (Ferret Thread)

Postby Transkitty » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Welcome to Dooking Devils, the ferret discussion thread! All of the war dancing, stashing dooking madness is welcome here! Need tips on what to feed your ferret, or how to train them? That's what we're here for!

You do not have to have ferrets to post, but conversation must stay on the topic of them.
Last edited by Transkitty on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Transkitty

Re: Dooking Devils (Ferret Thread)

Postby Transkitty » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 pm

1. Be respectful. If someone posts something you disagree with, debate it respectfully. Personal attacks and intentionally being rude will not be tolerated.
2. Disagreeing with you is not bullying you. If you are not being called names, then you are not being bullied. Many of the members here are blunt, do not take this personally. We all just want to help.
3. If you have a problem with a post or feel an argument is getting too heated, just report it to the mods. This will help prevent you from getting a warning yourself.
4. Do not fake a dog in order to post. If you make a post claiming to own a dog that is not yours, you will be reported. CS mods do not take lightly to stealing photos.
5. That said, you do not need to have a dog to post here! Just keep the conversation dog centered and you'll be fine!
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Transkitty

Postby Transkitty » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Let me start by introducing my small business!
This one is the oldest, my male Sega. He's 3 1/2 years old, but he hasn't slowed down at all. He does have Waardenburg syndrome, which means that he is deaf and he has some neurological deficiencies because of it. These do not affect his quality of life much, although he does rely on his sister a lot for her hearing. He loves going on little adventures with his hoomans, me and my roomate.

This is my female, Sony! She's 3 years old and the ruler of the roost (if you ask her, that is.) Her favorite thing to do is steal my stuffed animals and stash them under the cage so she can snuggle with them when she sleeps. She also loves cat toys that jingle and she loves to chase hooman feet. Her nickname is rage noodle, rage slinky etc. The first thing she does whenever she gets her out of cage time is fly into a war dance!

And finally, this is their cage!

Please snip the photos if you quote me!
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Transkitty

Postby KisaWolfz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Why did I find this sooner? I would LOVE to talk about my beloved ferrets! I have had quite the number of ferrets in my time. I currently have 3 female ferrets. Sif is a Chocolate Sable color(Age 4). Frejya is a Silver/Panda color(Age 5). Lastly I have Trico a Black Sable color(Age 2).

My story goes as is... I adopted a white ferret (black eyes, not albino), from a bad situation. Her owner was a teenager and his father was giving her away for free since he didn't take care of her anymore. She was quite sick and skinny and I nursed her back to health. She was just so cute... so I named her Soqut(So cute!). I would say she was 3 or 4 in age. So then wanted to get her a friend, thus Freyja came along! Freyja came from a hoarding situation with a bunch of other animals. Nothing was really wrong with her, maybe just a tad underweight. They both got along great, but sadly Soqut, because of her horrible health before me, had developed Insulinoma. I treated her Inulinoma for as long as I could before the seizures eventually took her life from me. Freyja was suddenly alone and I felt bad for her. So what did I do? .... Ferret Math xD

I adopted another female, my Sif. Also! A male named Odin; he was about 4 or 5 when I adopted him. (Also, can you tell I'm into Norse Mythology?) For about 4 months things went great! Until Odin took a leap of faith from the top of his cage, as I apparently wasnt fast enough to get him out, and took a hard fall. I took him to the vet for x-rays and found out he had slipped two disks in his spine. It pretty much paralyzed him from the hips down. He also began to wither away. One night I went to check on him, and was able to be with him as he took his last breath.
Then I was down to two again. Sif, and Freyja. It took me about a month to finally decide to go to my shelter and adopted another ferret haha. Trico my newest member and thankfully gets along with my other females!

And so I now have three girls. Small list of my ferrets below. I will add pictures when I can!

White, black eyed female; Soqut (So-cute). RIP: 4
Silver Male; Odin. RIP 5

*Current*
Silver/Panda female; Freyja; 5
Chocolate Sable female; Sif. 4
Black Sable female; Trico. 2
KisaWolfz

Postby KisaWolfz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Small update!
I still have my three females Sif, Freyja, and Trico! However... I adopted a new ferret into my life about a month ago.
A male ferret, with the Blaze coloration! He is approximately a year and a half. Was told he would be two years of age in January! His name is still pending, thinking of male Norse names that fit him.
So far Fandral, or Fenrir are the TOP runners.

ImageImage

KisaWolfz

Postby KisaWolfz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 pm

OOops.... well... my boyfriend did the oops.
Story goes... I went to I went to Petcco for a bag of food on Friday(Nov 24th) for the ferrets and I saw her all alone. No other ferrets she was soo sad.
But on the night of Nov26th, my boyfriend left, and when he came home, he went into the ferret room (ferrets have their own room), and he called me in, and there she was. Early Christmas he says xD
She is a little over 2 months old, born September 24th 2017.

Her name is Daenerys!

ImageImage
Last edited by KisaWolfz on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
KisaWolfz

Postby Coyote » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:14 am

@KisaWolfz: Oh my gosh. Best early Christmas present! Daenerys is just too precious! Your little.. erm... tribe? Hoard? Pack? Whatever you call a group of 'em, those ferrets look like such a delightful family. What did you end up calling that male with the blaze, by the way?

Oh, ah. Introduction time! I don't have any ferrets, though I'm certainly a fan. I would have loved one, but it seems they're illegal where I live. I'll just have to get my fix hearing about everyone else's. ^^
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby KisaWolfz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Small update. As some of you may know, I love ferrets and have 5 of my own. And I used to talk about them all the time and share pictures.

Sadly, one of my ferrets passed away in her sleep sometime Monday night/Early Tuesday.

9/25/18
KisaWolfz

Postby Coyote » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Sif is such an adorably fitting name for a ferret. She must have been really special.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀