Cats!

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Cats!

Postby MissyChariot » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Welcome!
(I didn't see a thread for cats, but if there is, please delete this thread)

This is a thread to talk about cats, and everything about them! Toys, treats, name suggestions, everything as long as it relates back to cats. You don't have to own a cat to join, just a love for them.

Some rules

Please don't ask for medical advice! I highly doubt the person who gives you an answer is a fully trained vet

Don't full on attack someone - Politely debating about a topic is okay, but don't make it into a big thing, we all have our own opinions

I'll add more if need be, but for now that's it!

Current Question

Just for a bit of fun, I'll be putting up a question every so often

Code: Select all
[b]Where did you get your cat? And question to anyone who has fostered/rescued a cat, what was is  itlike, and do you get to name the cat? (That last one was just out curiosity):[/b]
Last edited by MissyChariot on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Have lists +more on Chicken Smoothie, will trade for Eld
MissyChariot

Re: Cats!

Postby MissyChariot » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 pm

What's your cat's name, and why did you pick it?:
My cat's name is Taffy, and my sister actually named her! We were kinda young, and she just chose it on a whim, and we liked it. She also named my other cat Lulu. She had just met someone called Lulu, and was so impressed that she suggested that name, and it fit her perfectly!
MissyChariot

Postby Startedraining » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:26 pm

What's your cat's name, and why did you pick it?:
They're not my cats, but I see them often enough to know their backstories

There's a tudexo kitty named Schmidt, her original name was Mittens but the family used baby talk to an extreme and thus Schmidtty kitty became her name.
The other two are named after the Cats musical, Rumple Teaser (a small tabby) and Mongo Gerry (white). Rumple Teaser's nicknames include but are not limited to: Cheese whiz, Tease wheeze, and Tease. Mongo Gerry's nicknames include but are not limited to: Gerry Beary, Ger-bear, and Gerry
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:07 am

This is my kitty. (Link because the picture is really large.) She wandered up to our porch about a year ago half-starved. She was with another cat as well, but the second left soon after we got them both fixed. Aria has stuck around though. ^^ She's a purely outside kitty and absolutely detests being locked up in an area. She's extremely talkative, which is odd for me since the only cat I've owned up until this point never meowed. XD She's very much a cat, doing things on her terms, although, she will come running to me (she literally trots over) if she hears me call her name.

What's your cat's name, and why did you pick it?
I really don't have any deep reason why I gave Aria that name other than it sound nice. XD It just sort of.. came to me when I was contemplating it. I like the sound though, and she seemed to memorize it pretty quickly, so I think it was a good choice. ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby MissyChariot » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:01 am

@scmarshtacky
Your cat is so cute! I love the tuxedo markings. Taffy's like that as well, but she comes inside a bit - mostly to sleep on my bed with me, and comes inside to snuggle with me when I'm in a bout - I don't know how she knows I'm not well, but she's always there. Also to bring in dead animals to my room. I never know if she's doing it out of love or if it's a warning. Lulu on the other hand, detests going outside. She's an absolute indoor cat. Taffy and Lulu have completely opposite personalities in nearly every aspect.

@Startedraining
Wow, you and your family are really into nicknaming! The closest we've got is Taffy-cat/Lulu-cat and Taff.

My dad had cats when he was younger as well, and when you mentioned nicknames, I remembered his really bad naming sense. His cats were called Mama cat and black cat. That's it. They also had a cat called Gilby, they got him from some other family that had the last name Gilberson or something of the variety - I just know it had Gilby in the last name.
MissyChariot

Postby Polly44 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:46 pm

@scmarshtacky
That is a beautiful cat! I love black/white and tuxedo markings on cats and i would love to own one eventually. I can't at the moment though, as my brother is allergic unfortunately. But when i move out.....eventually, hopefully i can get one.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Startedraining » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:46 pm

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby HedaVampiric » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:55 am

Ah, cat thread. I have found my people.

My cats name is Kazimir (Kaz for short). It means 'keeper of peace' in Russian (alternately it can be keeper of destruction), which is accurate on both accounts. I think it also means something of 'keeper of light'. (Can be mistaken for cashmere. My cat is not a sweater I promise.)
Oof
HedaVampiric

Postby MissyChariot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:11 pm

@Startedraining They're so cute, I love ginger cats <3

@BlueBoxOfWonder Welcome! Kazimir is a really cool name!

Anyway, I've been super lax about the questions on the front page, so I put another one up there ^_^

Code: Select all
[b]Where did you get your cat? And question to anyone who has fostered/rescued a cat, what was is like, and did you get to name them?(That last one was just out curiosity):[/b]

I got both of my cats from our local pet store, who get their cats from the spca. They came neutered, vet checked, and all that good stuff (and you get to pick out 3 toys from the store for free!)
MissyChariot

Postby green tea fennec » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 am

Where did you get your cat? And question to anyone who has fostered/rescued a cat, what was is it like, and do you get to name the cat?:
My current cat came from a no-shelter rescue place ;o The person who had been fostering him is super nice she gave me some of the toys she had that he likes (here's a pic of him, and there's a couple pics of my previous cat on there too)

My family fostered two kittens when I was a kid! We did name them; I named the girl Oreo (lol) and my mom named the boy Bandit. It's pretty much the same as owning a cat, except you know you're not gonna keep them forever. We actually already had an adult cat at the time (not on the flickr link, lol) and he... warmed up to the kittens a bit too much. He was always super well-behaved aside from running outside, but he was influenced by the untrained kittens and started climbing on tables and scratching furniture
heyo name's dawn and i'm too lazy to make a
nice sig cause bbcode makes no sense to me
green tea fennec

Return to General Discussion