K-12 Online program; Your Experience

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

K-12 Online program; Your Experience

Postby twilyghtpanda » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm

I had some questions for parents who have put their child through this program, if anyone is able to answer any of these questions I'd be very appreciative!

I'm going to give you a quick run down of why I am asking.
In my college course I am required to do a project over K-12 and I need a primary source (I.E. Something I did myself asking others.) The people who represent K-12, will not answer my questions and says that all of their information that I may need is on their website. This is not providing me with a primary source that I am needing so any help here is appreciated!

Any personal experience would be amazing, but if you may know a friend who used K-12 any advice/knowledge would be great.

Questions: (if you answer any, please do not include person information such as names, ages, location Ect. Keep it as vague as possible)

Code: Select all
Why did you choose K-12 for your child over a tutoring program?

How did K-12 benefit your student the most?

What was the most influential part of your student's experience?

How successful was this program? Or not?
If not, what do you not like about the program/company?

Any other things you may want another parent to know before signing their child up for K-12?

Thank you guys!
Also mods, if someone needs changed please let me know and I'll change it right away.
twilyghtpanda

Re: K-12 Online program; Your Experience

Postby AuraDragoness » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 pm

I was in this so I'll answer your questions from a personal perspective (This was 3-4 years ago though so idk if anything changed):

Why did you choose K-12 for over a tutoring program?

For one, tutoring programs (at least where I am) involve the need for money and the tutors can be strict at times as well. K-12 doesn't involve money and they supply everything plus the teachers are nice and actually HELP the students if they have questions, difficulties with their work, etc. and strive to ensure that all students get good grades like B or higher; sometimes they'll even let students retake tests or try again if they failed on something. Tutors are more like Public School teachers and give you a "Figure it out yourself, I don't care if you get an F" kind of attitude.

How did K-12 benefit your student the most?

In public school the classmates and atmosphere are toxic (at least where I live). Bullies, backstab, hate, everything else that can mess up a child for life. In K-12 the community is nice and helpful, its not totally isolated either, live sessions via a blackboard system allows the students to talk with their 'classmates' before the live class starts, there's forum-thread-like things where they can help each other too. There's even field trips and meetups where you can interact with others in K-12.

Basically, it was a way to avoid the toxic environment yet still be able to learn and meet people.

What was the most influential part of your student's experience?

For me, it was the fact that the teachers are nice and care about you being successful in life, helping you whenever they can and everything.

How successful was this program? Or not?
If not, what do you not like about the program/company?

When I was in it, it was very successful and probably still is unless it's changed in 3 years (which I doubt)

Any other things you may want another parent to know before signing their child up for K-12?

Sometimes they change stuff around to test new things and if you are having issues with a teacher (I had only one experience with a teacher and it was b/c she'd just transferred a week prior from a public school and was one of those 'stuck-up' kind of people) then you can tell the people in charge of the whole program and they'll look into it.

If your child misses a live session it is normally recorded and they can watch it later and they tend to be at earliest 9 am so your kid doesn't have to wake up at like 6, rush to get ready, and then go like they normally would in school.
----------
In my personal opinion, when compared to public schools, K-12 is much better.

Hope this helped^^
Naesala♥ImageImage♥Solveig
AuraDragoness

Return to General Discussion