Ancestors

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Ancestors

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Hm, well there's a town in Germany with my last name, and I have ancestors who illustrated the original Jungle Book
valiant-quest

Re: Ancestors

Postby Vazchu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Most people on my mother's side of the family were farmers for many generations. It was only my great grandpa on her side that did some work as a photographer in the early 1900s (and I now have inherited some of his cameras, since that interest seems to pass down in our genes).
On my father's side I don't know much. My grandmother lied to him for nearly 43 years about who his real father were, turned out it was a one-night-stand from Finland. Thus I never met my real grandfather there, since it was only his death that lead the truth to get out. On my grandmothers side there, we are however related to Walloons who came to Sweden several hundred years ago to work as blacksmiths. Which is quite ironically in a way, that my little farm that I bought two years ago is in a village where a lot of Walloons came to work around the late 1700s and early 1800s. So no wonder why I feel at peace walking around there nowadays ... Since some distant ancestors to me may have lived and worked there too (though I know for certain that most of those that I'm related to lived in the north, since my grandmother's side of the family comes from way up in the north of Sweden).

And as for the part of famous people ... Well not that I know of. I know many believe I'm related to an actor (the one clue I'm gonna give is that he's been in the Transformer's movies) who has the same last name as me. But I don't think I'm related to him. Unless I've missed something. Or perhaps he and I simply are related to the same Walloons. Since our last name is from their mother tongue.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Previous

Return to General Discussion