Things That Amuse You

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Things That Amuse You

Postby Benathorn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Fendaer wrote:Fendaer was canon before it was canon.
How does that work?

Very, very carefully.
    And with lots of muffins. <3
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby KisaWolfz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Ferrets and ferrets doing the ferret war dance.
*These are my actual ferrets*
White one is Soqut. Pronounced So-cute.
Chocolate Sable is Sif.

Fun fact: Soqut has cancer :c But still strong!
Another fun fact: This is only 2/4 of my ferrets.

KisaWolfz

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:39 am

@Kisa
It is so adorable when they do that. ;o;
I want a ferret really bad, but I already have two cats and a brother.
valiant-quest

Postby Uspar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:06 pm

My dog.

There's this gross nasty pond/ornamental lake thing at the local park yeah?

I'm there walking along the path that circles around it, following on after my dog who likes to trot on ahead while occasionally calling her away from the edge of the stone lip that surrounds the entire pond thing. I didn't want her falling in again, (she'd fallen in twice both times by accident, funny stories but this is the most recent story)

Lo and behold a minute or so after my last call of "away"... *splash* suddenly there's no sign of my dog on land for a moment and then she surfaces and starts trying to get back onto dry land. I have to quickly go over grab her harness and pull her the rest of the way up. *Promptly sprayed with grotty awful water courtesy of dog, squeals in horror and then promptly makes disgusted noises*

And that is the story of the third time my dog fell in the gross park water. Luckily by now she's smelling like a normal dog, probably all her running about chasing a tennis ball helped along with the strong wind that's blowing today.
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm

I just saw rabbit outside in my backyard, so I sneaked out to take pictures while I left the dogs inside, and then I saw two squirrels sniffing each other, and several birds, including a blue jay, all in the span of a few minutes. XD Never knew there was so much wildlife in my backyard since I whenever I go out there I usually take the dogs with me. Well - I mean, I knew it was all there, the rabbits and squirrels and birds of course, but I just never get to watch them do their thing because I always have the dogs with me running around and barking. In fact I'm kind of surprised rabbits and squirrels visit my yard at all since it must reek of dog, and half the time sounds like a kennel. XD

The dogs gave me such dirty looks when I came back inside too, like 'we wanted to go outside too! How come you were outside in all the fun without us!? We want to go outside!' But of course, I told them they can't because they'd disturb all the squirrels and rabbits right now, and then they looked very put out indeed. XD Ah, poor puppies. But they chase the rabbits and squirrels all the time - the little things deserve a nice relaxing hour or two.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Bassnectar » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:28 am

It's honestly amusing how ignorant people choose to be.
Like, you literally know nothing on the subject, so why would you argue with me?
I'm not "assuming you're ignorant", I KNOW you're ignorant because you are regurgitating all the garbage you've been fed your whole life into thinking it's ok. It's called brainwashing.

Don't argue with me just to argue, because you're wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby Eyulf » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:54 am

RP with my fiance. Werewolf characters and his has just stated it might bite with affection.

Ulf: *goes and rummages up some knights armor...* Ok ready! *falls over with a loud CLANG* Ok lil help stuck can't get up *flails like a turtle on it's back*
Fiance: Are my bites really that bad?
Ulf: I'm flailing about in knights armor you tell me.

Another good one, different subject though.
A few years ago we got a new computer and also had an ancient second hand one. My brother wanted to look inside so had the side off of both, with them side by side in the living room. Both were turned on, connected to one of the old power outlets as it was an old house so had some original features still in it. I'm sitting reading a magazine.

Me: "Stop putting your hands in there while it's turned on."
Brother: "It's okay I'm being careful."
Me: Stop it, you're going to get zapped."
*brother still not listening*
Me: "Really, stop putting your hands in there."
*Brother still not listening and poking about inside the computers*
Next thing.....
*ZAP POP*
Brother: ARRGGHH!! *falls backwards, making yelping startled sounds*
Me: "I told you not to put your hands in there while it was on."
He also managed to trip the safety switch, and kill the computer power supply due to the surge of power.
Wishlist completed. My Hoard list is my Most Wanted wish list :)

Keep smiling it makes everyone wonder what you're up to :)
~~~~~ A better signature will come later ~~~~~
Eyulf

Postby ToyaKazaki » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 pm

People falling over.

I've always found it utterly hilarious when people fall over, and here's a few instances that had me laughing with tears streaming down my face:

I was around ten at the time, it was in the middle of school holidays so I was allowed to stay up really late; so it was around 2 in the morning (like I said, really late) and my dad and mom needed some cigarettes, and the only place that was open that late was the garage/petrol station, so after I demanded to go with my dad in the car, we went and got the cigarettes.

Everything seemed fine until he was walking around the front of the car to get to the driver's side, which was when he just disappeared!

First I was in shock (as you would be) or at least I was for a second or two before I burst out laughing -I must have laughed for 2-3 minutes straight, and my dad still hadn't reappeared so my logical thought was 'omg, has he fell down a manhole and can't get back up' -which I may have sniggered a little at, but when he still didn't get up I got really worried.

Which is when he did get up.

Covered in oil, and red faced.

I laughed the whole time it took us to get back home, and made sure to tell ever that he'd fallen over when we did as soon as we walked in.

The other instance was when I was around 14-15, me and my mom were out shopping, she was walking in front and everything seemed normal.

That is until she just went down, like one minute I was looking at the back of her head and the next it was gone -I of course, laughed.

And didn't stop laughing even when she started shouting at me to shut up and help her up (yes she was still on the floor), people over the road from us were staring over at us, and she was so angry and red faced that it just made me laugh even harder, to the point I was slightly hunched over.

I did eventually help her up, and carried all of the shopping home while she nursed her hurt ankle and rather bruised ego.

I made sure to tell everyone when we got home, though.
:twisted:

Click the button above.
ToyaKazaki

Postby valiant-quest » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:22 am

So, apparently Clembot is a dude on Twitter.
No wonder my username keeps being unavailable everywhere XD
I thought the name Clembot was original... *cri*
valiant-quest

Postby Silverhart » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Looking through Christmas catalogues. Always can find a good laugh in there - most of it is useless, or overly complicated, or just plain silly and all of it way too expensive. The names are what get me though - things like "The Only LED Gum Health Stimulator!" Or the "Best Floor Standing Magnifier"! (seriously just buy a magnifying glass - it's like 120 dollars cheaper). "The Award Winning Dump Truck!" and "The Life Size Tyrannosaurus Skeleton!" Not even kidding. You can buy a replica T-Rex skeleton out of a catalogue. It's 40 feet long, 15 feet tall, and 1,500 lbs and can be yours for the low, low price of $100,000! I want to meet the person that orders this. Where do you even put it?!

It's Gold. Pure Gold. And I would totally buy a 15 foot inflatable Rudolph for $400. If I had a spare $400... and room for it.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion