Any Aquarium Owners?

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Any Aquarium Owners?

Postby cjr09 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Whelp, I own fish.

I assume you own fish.

I also assume that is why you are here.

Here we talk about fish! Which ones are the best to get for pets, breeding (If you do that), and how to care for fish, aquatic plants, and aquariums in general.

I'll post any news here-

News

. Crisis! Cj's Molly has Dropsy!
. BREAKING NEWS: Silverfang's fish has MOVED! More on this story as it develops.

if anyone has anything to share or something fun happened.

So just hang around and chill I guess.
Last edited by cjr09 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjr09

Re: Any Aquarium Owners?

Postby Silverfang » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 pm

OMG GUYS LISTEN: My fish actually MOVED! :lol: This guy is SO lazy these days, only wiggles to the top to get food.
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby cjr09 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Silverfang wrote:OMG GUYS LISTEN: My fish actually MOVED! :lol: This guy is SO lazy these days, only wiggles to the top to get food.

I have a fish that literally never moves until you open the lip then he goes so fast you can't see him and it's just like wow
cjr09

Postby interestingword » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm planning on getting another fish sometime soon, but I don't know what. has anyone had experience with plecos?
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby cjr09 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 pm

interestingword wrote:I'm planning on getting another fish sometime soon, but I don't know what. has anyone had experience with plecos?

*Raises hand*

Why yes.

Plecos are awesome! They're bottom feeders, and are the best for a cleaning crew.

They can live for a really long time (Mine's currently about eleven) and they can grow really long (Up to two feet).

But they're mostly nocturnal, and you probably want to have lots of places to hide, since they get stressed easily if not.
cjr09

Postby Calliope » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Corydoras lover here! Had my oldest one for 8 years so far... They are soooooo sweet!
Lovely lovely Elkrin!
Calliope

Postby Aquasplash ~ » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 am

interestingword wrote:I'm planning on getting another fish sometime soon, but I don't know what. has anyone had experience with plecos?

Only bristlenose. I lost a couple of little ones, but then bought a big male who has been doing well. They are pretty secretive though, well at least mine is. They love hiding places and driftwood. Some regular plecos can get absolutely massive, depending on the type.
I have hundreds of bazaar pets and ultra rares/legendaries, and over a thousand rares for trade! I'm looking for Chicken Smoothie pets or C$, or Flight Rising gems or treasure. Send me a trade, or check out my trading thread HERE for more details!
Aquasplash ~

Postby Vazchu » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm

I've had quite many aquariums since 2007... But I think that I'm mean to them these days... I've started to loose my interest in them even though I can't see my room without my aquarium... So do any of you guys have any ideas how to make me get into it again and love it as much as I used to?
I've been thinking about re-designing the entire tank... Because I found some black pretty stones in the pet shop last time I were there and some small ruin decorations as well... And well... They made me think about changing the way I've it right now for my fishes.

I think Fluffy would like a ruin... Because he like odd stuff just like me... (and yes, don't ask, I've a fish named Fluffy... he's yellow... and have golden eyes... and he was a Fluffy when I first saw him in the shop and decided "he will be mine")

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby Calliope » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:26 am

Redesigning is fun ... and a bit stressful when I see the fish looking unhappy just after it happens. I use real plants, stone etc so getting new plants is an easy way of doing a new look. Helps me keep interested too as its something new for me to look at.
Most stressful redesign was taking out all the gravel from my larger tank and replacing it with sand, which created a horrible mess for a couple of hours till it all settled and the filter did it's work.
Fish a lot happier with sand - my corys love digging in it!
Lovely lovely Elkrin!
Calliope

Postby Vazchu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 am

Indeed, that's why I don't really re-design in my aquarium all too often, it happens at the most once a year... When my brother still had aquariums too he re-designed in his at least once a month, perhaps more if he wasn't pleased with it.
But we'll see how and what I do, I'm afraid that I won't be able to afford it this month, perhaps later on this summer. /;

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Next

Return to General Discussion