Your username?

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Your username?

Postby Vazchu » Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 am

Just because I saw a thread like this on CS and I thought we should have one here as well, lol.

Why do you've your username? Does it mean anything? How did you come up with it? Tell us! Some of us are curious... (;

For me it goes back to the fact that I like to come up with unique names for characters. Vazchu was originally a name I came up with during 2007 for a demon who's a part of one of my stories. I simply played around with the letters and came up with it along with four other name for her "friends" (I wouldn't call them friends though, they're in fact rather mean towards each other... But then again, what else could you expect from demons?). So it honestly doesn't mean anything as far as I am aware.

And the reason for me to have one of my character's names as my username begins with me being frustraded about not being able to join dA with "Caius" as my username. Back then I was currently writing the story where Vazchu has quite the huge role... And she happened to be the Lord who currently was "in the picture"... So I simply thought something like "Screw this, Vazchu, I'm borrowing your name. Hope you don't mind it and kill me, but I want to join dA.". And here we are, I ended up using her name quite a lot because;
1. No one else uses it (which made me happy, partly since I came up with the name).
2. One of my friends came up with the nickname Vaz for me, and I sort of like that... Because it's not a nickname for Vazchu, but me... Vaz is me, not her.
Surely I probably wouldn't have used Vazchu in case I hadn't been in such a hurry to join dA, because she's merely my second most favourite of the Lords and the one I think about first and foremost whenever I think about them is Vunai... He's just... <3 So I would have been known as Vunai if I hadn't been in such a hurry back then.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Re: Your username?

Postby Sphye » Thu May 01, 2014 11:41 am

Mine doesn't have any such fin story behind it, unfortunately. XD

Before I got the username Sphye/Sphie, I went by Silverthorn or *Silverthorn*, from when I tended to visit Warriorcats forums more than anything.
Ah, the days of sub-par roleplaying and arguing about who Greystripe should be with.
Anyway, fast forward about one site in my chain of internet addictions, and I decided I wanted a new name since Silverthorn was taken a lot. So I held a tiny contest, where whoever suggested the one I liked best would win and get a small prize.
Yowch. Looking back at the post, I really overdid it with colours and font size. My eyes require assistance.
Anyway, the top three contenders were Vevi, Reveal, and Sphie. I decided on Sphie.
Pretty often it was misread as "Sophie" instead of Sphie, so I changed the I for a Y to make it look different. Ta-da.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Noel » Thu May 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Let see... memory time

Way, way back in 2005 my now ex-Hubby took me to see Star Wars 3-Revenge of the Sith. I fell in love with the movie, mainly because of General Grievous and his entire back story I read in one of the Star Wars books. And after roaming the internet searching anything Star Wars related. I ran across a blogging group where people would make blogs role playing as different Star Wars characters. I thought it was very interesting and decided to make a blog and join the group. Since I didn't want to do a main character I decided to make my own up. That is when Noel of Neptonian came to life. That's her in my avatar- I made it myself using GIMP.

I gave her an extensive past and everything. And it was a great deal of fun role playing as her. But eventually, people lost interest and stopped blogging and the place sort of died. My interests changed as well, and I moved on. I had a few sites where I went by NoelofNeptonian. However, after a bit I decided to shorten it to just Neptonian. It's original so I always use that name when I join new sites.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby Cadeigha » Thu May 01, 2014 1:52 pm

I totally made it up. d:
I don't remember how, but I made it up, and I like how to say it (Cuh-Day-Uh). I have a think for making up weird names I guess!

Hello there!
I love western hognose snakes— and pokemon, games, nature, writing, photography...
I like to be helpful and I love making friends so don't be afraid to PM me if you're looking for someone to talk to!
I'm friendly, I promise!
❤❤❤
Cadeigha

Postby Vlad » Thu May 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Well, back in the days foxes were my favourite animal.. (Rats now have that honour.)

I joined web earth online (pfft that was about.. 3 years ago.), but I couldn't think of a display name. I then thought..I like foxes. And foxes rule.. Means that they're awesome. So, there you have it. Foxesrule.
However, my display name on WEO is now Braviary.

Not much of a story but yeah.
he/him
signatures are for people that have motivation

Vlad

Postby Silverhart » Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Oooh! Storytime!

Well, actually my name started out as a Warrior cat's name. When the books first came out, my friend and I were really into it. (I've completely lost interest in the series since then; it's just too big and crazy, but the first books were fun.) And we both had cat characters we made up. I was Silverheart, based on this really, really old character of mine called Silver. I don't know why it was called Silver. I was in kindergarten or something when I made it up.

Anywho, one day we made bracelets with these beads with letters, and she did her cat's name along with some flower beads, and I did my cat's name with some hearts and stars. But then the bracelet came undone and the beads went everywhere. I gathered up all the beads, and remade it, but I was missing an 'e'. XP So the bracelet said 'Silverhart', which I didn't really mind. I think I still have it somewhere actually.

But wait! That's not the end of the story. :D For a while I went as Silverheart, on a couple of Petz websites (back when I was really into Petz), and some roleplaying sites, but that name is pretty popular. I don't remember exactly when/why I decided to change it. It just sort of evolved overtime. Anyway, I like Silverhart better, because it's said if you see a white stag and follow it, it'll always lead you to adventure (and sometimes the Fairyworld, if you're lucky). I love the visual of it, and it combines a lot of what I love: nature, adventure, fantasy, literature, mythology. So it's sort of stuck.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Duskfeather » Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Well, well, well...

Two years ago, I was really, really, really into warrior cats. I would honestly read the books day after day, and I would love imagining myself being a cat... (sadly, those days are over now, and I have returned to my boring, serious former self)...

So I found a roleplaying site based on warrior cats. I spent like the first few weeks just reading stuff, finding it so fun and interesting. What then?
Well, I had to join.
Now, I started making up a username for myself (with the rule that it had to be a real warrior name!), but couldn't really find one that wasn't taken. Yes, I tried everything.
In the end I was so frustrated and just typed "Duskfeather".

...And tadaa, it was free!
I was relieved, and so it became the name I stuck to. I'm known as Pizzicato on the site now, but that was more because I was part of some music week thing and never bothered to change back...

Now the largest surprise would be that Duskfeather wasn't taken on CS. Or on a lot of other sites. Although on dA I found out that someone else was already using it. Made me quite sad... that's like the only site where I have another name. Yeah.

Really, there isn't much of a story to my username... xD

Everyone else have much more interesting things to tell...!
Duskfeather

Postby t e a m f r e e w i l l » Thu May 01, 2014 5:06 pm

My username doesn't have much of a story, but a couple years ago, I read the book Dragon Rider, and the brownie Sorrel was my favourite character.
Carry on my wayward son,
ImageImage Image
There'll be peace when you are done
t e a m f r e e w i l l

Postby Silverfang » Thu May 01, 2014 6:06 pm

My first online user was my two initials then 'blaze,' but I didn't like it that much. So, somewhere and somehow, it evolved into Wildfire321, which I used on a few different sites. Then I decided I didn't like it anymore, and came up with Artemis. I decided I didn't like that anymore, and came up with Silverfang, which I love. xD
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Distortionist » Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Not much story behind mine. ^u^ Distortion is a cool word. Distortionist makes me a person who uses the cool word B) Also, coincidentally, a "Distortionist" is an artist who "distorts" their artwork. And I'm sort of an artist, so yeah.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Next

Return to General Discussion