NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:Maybe that's why I'm so slow. XD
/is overly concerned with plot quality

after im done with my novel and my brothers (my little brother Kai wanted help in december since I couldnt really hepl in november, he doesnt care what month it it.) I can try and help.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 pm

LightningAsuna wrote:You know its late in november when....
you often type 'write' instead of 'right'

Oh gosh, I did that the other day. :lol:

Yeah, my plot makes literally no sense at this point. XD I don't even know if it's salvageable at this point. I just have way too much stuff going on. It was suppose to be simple off-the-pants story, and now it's this overly muddled, convoluted... mess of no sense. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Silverhart wrote:
LightningAsuna wrote:You know its late in november when....
you often type 'write' instead of 'right'

Oh gosh, I did that the other day. :lol:

Yeah, my plot makes literally no sense at this point. XD I don't even know if it's salvageable at this point. I just have way too much stuff going on. It was suppose to be simple off-the-pants story, and now it's this overly muddled, convoluted... mess of no sense. XP

If you want to get rid of it dont throw it out! I will gladly prove its salvegable... oh wait... yours is on paper...

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Silverhart » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:07 am

It's the last week! The final push! How you guys holding up? ^^

I'm currently have a little over 5,500 to go. ^^ Eeee! I'm so excited! Also exhausted. And in pain. But anyway, no way I can finish this story in 5,500 words. XP It's like... maybe half way done. I honestly wouldn't mind dragging it out even further with subplots and what not, because the characters are just so much fun, and I want to give each one enough time on their own. :D Probably shouldn't do that, right? I can always add more in the second draft. I'm honestly surprised I still have so much interest in this story after four weeks, and I just came up with it literally a few weeks before NaNo even started.

Anyway, I have the next two days free (other then cleaning the house for Thanksgiving) so... hoping to finish it either early Thanksgiving morning or the day after. ^^ Huzzah!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Silverhart wrote:It's the last week! The final push! How you guys holding up? ^^

Organic Chemistry, Physics and Botany took my life away. XD It's been an incredibly busy November. Thinking about it, it's probably the worst month for me (and I imagine many other people) to do novel writing because most schools/colleges/universities have exams at the very beginning of December.

I'm not finishing it this month, I decided that a while back, but it'll never be abandoned. I'll have the thing finished probably in a year or so. :P

Congratulations on being so close though!! I know it'll be marvelous for you when you finish it. ^^ Incidentally, what do the winners of NaNo get?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Silverhart » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:31 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:
Silverhart wrote:It's the last week! The final push! How you guys holding up? ^^

Organic Chemistry, Physics and Botany took my life away. XD It's been an incredibly busy November. Thinking about it, it's probably the worst month for me (and I imagine many other people) to do novel writing because most schools/colleges/universities have exams at the very beginning of December.

I'm not finishing it this month, I decided that a while back, but it'll never be abandoned. I'll have the thing finished probably in a year or so. :P

Congratulations on being so close though!! I know it'll be marvelous for you when you finish it. ^^ Incidentally, what do the winners of NaNo get?

No! Stupid schools/colleges/universities. What right do they have to put exams in December and ruin all the NaNoing? XP
Well, I'm glad to hear you won't be abandoning your story. I'll probably be working on it throughout December, which I'm kind of bummed about. I'd rather take December off, and then do editing in January, but there's still so much more work to be done.

As for winning, the winners get bragging rights. ^^ I think there are some actual prizes like a percentage off certain writing programs, and getting a "book" version of your novel. I'll check the prize page and see what else.

EDIT: Here's the Prizes page. ^^

Second EDIT:
Hooray for adding a 200 word story about a one-legged chicken named Alberta who has nothing to do with the story! XP I love Alberta the chicken. I'm totally gonna bring her into the story for something. But yeah, slowly, slowly eating up those last few words... Less then 2,000 now...
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 am

Guess who just crossed 50,000! ^^ Eeeee!

I did!

I'm so excited, I just had to share it with you guys! ^^ I haven't validated it yet. I'll probably do that later tonight or tomorrow, but it's just so exciting! ^^

I'm excited. XP Really excited, and pleased, and just... feeling awesome! Thanks for all the encouragement and advice guys! You guys rock! ^^

And now I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful day of general NaNoing. I've got to go make a pie and take a shower and get ready. ^^

EDIT: Just validated it! ^^ *Squee*! :D I'm officially a NaNoWriMo Winner! Huzzah!
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Sarill » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:41 am

I've been insanely busy with college, so I got about 2000 words done this year, but it's not the end of the world. Everyone who attempted, great job, and congrats Silverhart! And anyone else, if they finished as well. I have a month off for winter break, though, so I might just attempt a belated nano and do the daily writing then. But even if you didn't get that far, just starting is a good step, and you can plan to get further next year, to the point where you can get everything written in a month!

I seem to have a pattern with these. I finished the first year, didn't the second, then did, and now I didn't again. Life is weird like that, but people should always keep writing, even if it's not nano (:
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 am

hows everybodys editing going?

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Silverhart » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Uh... slow... XP

I actually haven't even finished my story. The holidays were so busy and stressful I barely had any time or energy to sit and work on it. I have worked on it a little since then, but I keep putting it off thinking I'll have more time to work on it once this one thing is finished, but then another thing comes up, and then another, and it keeps getting delayed. Stupid start of a new year...

I don't know whether I should wait until I have a better handle on things, or just do it and add the pressure to write everyday and finish it onto my already big ball of stress.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion