NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

NaNoWriMo

Postby Sarill » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:31 pm

NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month. Every November, a large amount of people get together and write 50,000 words in a month. That's 1667 words a day, if anyone was wondering. This will be my third year participating in Nano, and I was wondering if anyone else does NaNoWriMo. So this is a place to post, talk about story ideas, moan about writer's block, and have fun! With Novermber coming up soon, I wish everyone who participates the best of luck!
Deo <3
Sarill

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby Silverhart » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I tried (officially) two years ago (I think it was two years ago... gosh has it been that long?). I got about 34,000 words in before my wrist gave out on me. XD That pretty much guaranteed a loss of momentum and I slowly kept falling behind, until I just couldn't write anymore. Hard way to learn that you've been holding a pencil wrong all these years. Yes, I wrote it all with pencil and paper. Took a ton of number crunching to work out how many words I had written. XP I never finished that novel. I've actually been working on it on and off since then, and have a much better idea of what I want from it. It needs to completely rewritten of course, but I learned a lot from doing NaNo.

I'm definitely going to do it again, just not this year. I have lots of other stuff I'm working on, plus family matters to deal with, and I don't have the time to dedicate to it. It is surprisingly exhausting, but lots of fun.

If any of you NaNo guys needs moral support, advice or ideas, I'm here, and I'll be happy to throw all that at you if you need! Best of luck you guys!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby SkieNight » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:36 pm

I have never never officially taken place in NaNo, though I did try to write more in November then any other month, but thats beyond the point. I think I might try it this year, just to give it a shot. I know your suppose to start an entirely new idea and write 50,000 words for that, but I've been thinking of just taking off from a story that I've been writing for at least 11 months. NaNo would give me a reason to sit down and crank out over a thousand words a day, and I might actually get somewhere with the story. So yeah, I might unofficially take place in Nano, just use it as a reason to sit down and write for an hour or so a day.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm going to be in my second year (month technically.). Last year I didn't plan a thing! I left it up to my fingers -that type faster then my brain works- to do the writing, that normally works with me but let me tell you; that totally bombed!! less then 1000 words the entire month!!! hopefully I'll have a better structure this year and get over at least 10000 words.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Leviathan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

This is my first year and I'm taking it very seriously. Not in the "no fun" way, but because I have about five or six people who are eagerly waiting to read my story, and I've been daydreaming and planning about it for the past few weeks. I've never been this confident in a story before, but I would love some more critics before November 1st and I am also looking for people who would like to have a character represent them in the story as a secondary or minor character.

So yeah, if you'd like I'd be more than happy to incorperate you into my novel, just PM me about it! :D

That one Pagan chick, who loves Russian Accents, Ginga, Star Trek, and Mass Effect.

ImageImageImage

Beginner's Guide
Site Rules
Site Q&A

I speak French, German, Japanese, and Swedish. Please feel comfortable to PM me in one of these languages.
Leviathan

Postby rose; » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:41 pm

I'd really love to participate, but I'm not sure that I'm willing to put all role-plays on hold the whole month, which would be what I'd have to do.I also work much better with the motivation of someone posting and expecting a post from me, and when I plan, I like it to be with another person. so... I think I won't be participating this year, sadly :C
leviathon, I think I've asked you to look something over for me and you asked me to look something over for you in return- I'd definitely be willing to help with whatever in your nanowrimo stuff if you'd look that over for me c:
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Postby Sarill » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Yay, there are handful of Eldemorians who are Nanoers as well. That's great! When November first rolls around I can put various word-count widgets in the first post, if anyone would be interested in that. Whichever one you guys would like, and I'd put your Eldemore name above it.

Here's a question for you all:

What is your story going to be about? Feel free to go as much or little in depth as you would like.

Personaly, I am writing about superheros. My main charecter is a girl named Jamie, and she has the power of perfect aim. She is part of a neutral wepons-manufactering family, but winds up getting in a lot of trouble and being incredibly akward at the same time.
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby SkieNight » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 am

I have absolutely no plans to start a new story. I have enough in the works as it is, and I need to finish one so I was really just planning on continuing one that I had all ready started. I all ready started posting it on here, haven't posted in a while due to the fact that I was in the middle of editing things, but that'll wait until after November. My story is called Chosen. Right now the characters are wolves since I was playing for a bit of a younger audience (not little kids but not my age either), however I've been wondering if I should switch to humans... I just don't know...
SkieNight

Postby Alex » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:48 pm

I'l plan on doing it next year... my friend told me about it about 2 weeks ago, and. I couldn't think of anything.
I'll plan it out. xD
Fingers crossed that this site will come back!
Never mind, anything you see is up for grabs for CS. Rares for rares of the same year, VRs for URs, stores for stores etc.

CS
Alex

Postby Leviathan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Sarill wrote:What is your story going to be about? Feel free to go as much or little in depth as you would like.

"Have you ever wondered, what your purpose was?"

In a world, much like our own, there is rarely such thing as death. Why? Because most people don't live long enough to see out old age. In this world people are given one job, to find their destiny and fulfill it. Whether it might be to give birth to a genius doctor, to make sure that someone crosses the road safely. All of these things are the matter between existing and becoming nothing more than a memory. You see, when someone's purpose- or destiny is complete, they vanish. There is no pain, no struggles, just poof! Gone. Most people fear to do many of the things that we take for granted, as they are afraid that they are fulfilling their purpose, and are no longer needed.

An elder demon named Corvus lies within an unknown realm, watching earth, knowing everything there is to know about everyone, and everything. He is the one that makes people vanish when their purpose is finished, and he is always aware of what their purpose is. He has been untouchable, and unafraid by anything that the humans have done. Well that is, until now. He's become aware that there are a small group of individuals who have a very.. unique purpose, what is that you may ask. Well that is to kill Corvus himself. Now as you might imagine Corvus is not taking this lightly, and is trying to prevent their destiny however he can. So he's sent agents, supernatural monsters, and demonic spirits to kill the humans before they can realize what their purpose is, and follow through with it.

But the question is, will he succeed in killing them? Or will they finally put an end to all this madness...?

Also guys feel free to add me! @ Yukimura

That one Pagan chick, who loves Russian Accents, Ginga, Star Trek, and Mass Effect.

ImageImageImage

Beginner's Guide
Site Rules
Site Q&A

I speak French, German, Japanese, and Swedish. Please feel comfortable to PM me in one of these languages.
Leviathan

Next

Return to General Discussion