NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 am

How much time a day would you suppose one would have to spend for NaNo? I know I'm waaaaay late into this thing, but I was just wondering about an average time spent, to see if I can fit that quote for next year. c:
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby SkieNight » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:46 am

LightningAsuna wrote:Well I have moved onto the editing stage. So what you see there might be completely cut.

Then I'll take a look at reading what there, I've read the first bit and it seems pretty interesting, I love your main character.

scmarshtacky wrote:Here 'ya go. With this link, I think you should be able to comment and edit to your heart's desire. It's unedited for the most part so some stuff is a little rough I'm sure. XD

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ABA ... sp=sharing

Yay more things to read, I can't wait for when i actually have time to sit down and take a look at all this stuff.

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:
    How much time a day would you suppose one would have to spend for NaNo? I know I'm waaaaay late into this thing, but I was just wondering about an average time spent, to see if I can fit that quote for next year. c:

I'd say that it all depends on how fast you type. I can type pretty quickly, though I might not be the most accurate, so writing the daily minimum of words doesn't take me a ridiculous amount of time, though it also depends on the scene I'm writing. To finish in the month its recommended to write 1,666 words a day, but if you skip a day or so it doesn't really matter. It honestly all depends on a person, I usually spend around 45 minuets writing, though I like to spend more i just don't really have the time...

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 am

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

I think I usually spend about 2-3 hours writing. I write a little less than 1000 words in an hour. I have a hard time finding good writing moods, but when I get going, I usually can't let it go for most of the afternoon. XD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Silverhart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 am

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

If I push myself I can get roughly a 1000 words in one hour. But those sprints are few and far between. XD I try to write for no more then 20 - 40 minutes at a time and take plenty of breaks. With all those breaks, and depending on my mood that day, I'd say it takes me anywhere from 3 - 5 hours to hit my word goal. Of course, this is spread out over the whole day. I don't have the patience to sit for 3 - 5 hours at one time. XD

It's all relative though. Some people write faster, some people work better with tight schedules, some people take a little longer to get started, some people need lots of breaks, like me, and some people don't, and some days it may take you all day just to get a few hundred words. You're really just gonna have to experiment and see how you work. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

It depends on your words per minute and how long you can keep that up. If you can keep 50+ words per minute going for an hour you will have 3k at the end of that hour. I myself con only get a little over 1k in a half hour, and that is only if I have picked a scene where I can just get into and let my fingers take over.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby KitKat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:50 pm

I was really ill-prepared for NaNo this year. I only had 1.5k words for the first 10 days and I realised it was because I'd started off my story badly and I just wasn't enjoying writing it. I restarted a few days ago and yesterday went from 6k to 15k, so I hope to be at AT LEAST 50k by the time it ends, but I have a lot of inspiration so I guess that's good. I'm happy with my story though.

libra . _infp-t . _30th sept
all of me is a wip
KitKat

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Not being able to copy and paste on my mobile sucks!

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 pm

So... close... and yet so far...

Argh! I only got about 600 words today... C'mon! I can do this! Only 1,000 more... that's... 2 and a half pages. Ooooh... so painful. But I'm so close - I can't give up! I can't!

Also my plot is officially ridiculous. There are so many plot holes, and so much of me trying to explain why they're not plot holes, and it's just all over the place, and makes no sense. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Silverhart wrote:So... close... and yet so far...

Argh! I only got about 600 words today... C'mon! I can do this! Only 1,000 more... that's... 2 and a half pages. Ooooh... so painful. But I'm so close - I can't give up! I can't!

Also my plot is officially ridiculous. There are so many plot holes, and so much of me trying to explain why they're not plot holes, and it's just all over the place, and makes no sense. XP

OMG I thought I was the only one!

You know its late in november when....
you often type 'write' instead of 'right'
Last edited by FrighteningAsuna on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Maybe that's why I'm so slow. XD
/is overly concerned with plot quality

I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~