NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby SkieNight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Archer wrote:So it's almost that time again, November is gonna be here really soon! Who's all thinking of taking part this year? ^-^

I skipped last year, but I think I'm going to have another go this year.

I'm considering doing it, and I'd like to, but I barely have enough time to write 1,000 words a day what with school and all.

Besides if I did do anything, I'd just end up editing the novel I wrote over the summer as that need major revisions. So I'm not quite sure. It would be nice and I loved doing it last year but the odds are against me this year.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Silverhart wrote:
Archer wrote:So it's almost that time again, November is gonna be here really soon! Who's all thinking of taking part this year? ^-^

I skipped last year, but I think I'm going to have another go this year.

I'm on the fence. If I do, it'll be as a rebel, and I'll either use it for rewriting/editing the novel I finished last year (but that's not really something I like rushing, so probably not), or just use it as a motivator to write something new everyday. Or maybe work on my comics, but I still have so much research and planning to do on those. Other then that novel and various other story/art related projects of mine, I haven't been doing much writing outside of short stories lately, and don't really want to start a new "serious" project until I get further along in those.

I like the idea of writing just something random everyday. I think that could be fun. It won't be as hard (or as fulfilling) as regular NaNo - like I won't have something complete I can point to and be proud of, but I'll least get into that habit of writing more, and I can join in and cheer everyone else on! ^^

I don't think I'll be participating this year- while I'd love to and it was a lot of fun, I've scrapped the previous story idea and will be trying a different approach sometime soon~ Though a short story a day sounds like a lot of fun, and more manageable than a full-blown novel- though it would undoubtedly just be eldemore related...

I can't wait to see how everyone else does and what they'll write! Cheering from the sidelines~
cjr09

Postby Silverhart » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:34 pm

cjr09 wrote:I don't think I'll be participating this year- while I'd love to and it was a lot of fun, I've scrapped the previous story idea and will be trying a different approach sometime soon~ Though a short story a day sounds like a lot of fun, and more manageable than a full-blown novel- though it would undoubtedly just be eldemore related...

I can't wait to see how everyone else does and what they'll write! Cheering from the sidelines~

I vote for EldShStoWriMo! (Eldemore Short Story Writing Month - though it doesn't have quite the same ring to it. XP)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby cjr09 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Silverhart wrote:
cjr09 wrote:I don't think I'll be participating this year- while I'd love to and it was a lot of fun, I've scrapped the previous story idea and will be trying a different approach sometime soon~ Though a short story a day sounds like a lot of fun, and more manageable than a full-blown novel- though it would undoubtedly just be eldemore related...

I vote for EldShStoWriMo! (Eldemore Short Story Writing Month - though it doesn't have quite the same ring to it. XP)

I'll do it if you will Silver
cjr09

Postby Silverhart » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:10 pm

cjr09 wrote:
Silverhart wrote:

I'll do it if you will Silver

I am terrified to say yes... but I do want more cj Eldfiction...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

I'll try again but pert of me would rather write it in japanese... it has simpler grammar
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:44 pm

MyLoveFromAnotherStar wrote:I'll try again but pert of me would rather write it in japanese... it has simpler grammar

I am going to be writing about VRMMO's!!!
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Aliria » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06 am

I signed up, but I'm still not sure if I will do it or not. Probably should decide soon, since it's technically been November for five minutes in my timezone. Of course, I'm not starting now, I'm way too tired to write anything good.
If you want to contact me for some reason, I'm much more active on CS than Eld. Here's a link to my CS account.
Aliria

Postby cjr09 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:12 pm

I said I'd do it, so here I am!

Day 1 on NaEldWriMo
cjr09

Postby Cabe » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:44 pm

I went to see if there a thread for this here, and it turns out there is!
I made an on the whim decision today to write those 50,000 words, so we'll see how I do. It's not exactly a question of whether I can do it or not (I will write 50,000 words no matter what, I can't give up on this endeavor as well), but more of a question whether the writing will be decent. I have yet to plan anything, so the next few days will be spent doing that, and then I'll start writing. I'll probably have to write a large part of it over thanksgiving break, because school likes to steal my time, but hopefully I'll be able to write around 1k-2k words a day and it won't come to that.
Is anyone else doing it this year, or is everyone just going to do a short story a day? (Which is a challenge as well, I might try that one month.)
Hoarding:
I hoard all Otterlings. I love any and all, and would love to get a trade with them in it. I also have a hoard goal of 20 for the fairy jackalopes.

Trades:
I adore trades, and am always happy to work something out with someone, so feel free to send me one anytime! If you're unsure about something, please PM me or check out my trade thread.
I am currently looking for baubles and Otterlings on my wishlist!

Other:
Need help or want to chat? Feel free to PM me! I may not seem like it but I'm always happy to chat with someone or help someone out.

Cabe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion