NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby Silverhart » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Only an hour now for me... I am so excited! ^^

I'll be staying up to write - well, gotta read the new event dialogue first, and grab the new pets - and then it's straight into writing!

I'm hoping to get over 2,000 words a day for the first two days - it's so helpful to get ahead when you have that initial motivation. Plus, I may not be able to get any writing done on Wednesdays, so I have to double up in anticipation of that.

EDIT:

I hit my goal! It's the end of the first day, and I already doubled it. I'm at 4,000 words currently. How's everyone else doing?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Of the "planner", "pantser", and "plantser" categories mentioned on the NaNo site, which do you most find yourself as? Because I think I've fallen under the "plantser" category, and I'm confused about my own story so far.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Sphye wrote:
Of the "planner", "pantser", and "plantser" categories mentioned on the NaNo site, which do you most find yourself as? Because I think I've fallen under the "plantser" category, and I'm confused about my own story so far.

I'm typically a 'plantser', but for the past few years, including this current NaNo story, I'm definitely a planner. I was sticking to the planster title until I realized: I have twenty pages of research notes, quotes from 18th century pamphlets, dozens of photos and drawings of the actual location where the story takes place, character drawings, three full pages of outline, and about 40 pages of the original draft I'm using as reference, so it was time to stop kidding myself. XP

And yet, if a good idea came along while writing, I'd still probably throw it all out and go pantsing. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:06 pm

I hit 50k today! ^^ I won NaNo! Whoo!

Now I'm gonna curl up with a mug of hot cocoa and... do nothing until January probably. XP
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:49 am

Silverhart wrote:I hit 50k today! ^^ I won NaNo! Whoo!

Now I'm gonna curl up with a mug of hot cocoa and... do nothing until January probably. XP

Congratulations, Silver!! Major kudos to you for making the word goal, and a whole week ahead of schedule, too. That takes some d e d i c a t i o n.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:03 am

Sphye wrote:
Silverhart wrote:I hit 50k today! ^^ I won NaNo! Whoo!

Congratulations, Silver!! Major kudos to you for making the word goal, and a whole week ahead of schedule, too. That takes some d e d i c a t i o n.

Either that - or a complete lack of a social life. XP But thank you Sphye. I appreciate you taking the time to space out the word 'dedication'. That means a lot. ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 pm

So that time of year is fast approaching again - who's doing NaNo this year?

I will be continuing work on the story I wrote last year, so I won't be participating in NaNo. I'm at a point where I really need to slow down and focus on tightening up plot points. Plus, I already write about thousand words or more a day. So NaNo's not really gonna help me advance in the story this point. XP It certainly gave me a good head start though!

It's so crazy how different my story is now compared to when I finished the first draft. The whole pacing is changed, characters have been dropped, other's added. I really want to celebrate the anniversary of my novel for November 1st. Kind of silly, I know, but I think being able to keep my motivation and work on the same story every day for a year (give or take two months of breaks here and there), is a worthy excuse to celebrate.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 am

Silverhart wrote:So that time of year is fast approaching again - who's doing NaNo this year?

I will be continuing work on the story I wrote last year, so I won't be participating in NaNo. I'm at a point where I really need to slow down and focus on tightening up plot points. Plus, I already write about thousand words or more a day. So NaNo's not really gonna help me advance in the story this point. XP It certainly gave me a good head start though!

It's so crazy how different my story is now compared to when I finished the first draft. The whole pacing is changed, characters have been dropped, other's added. I really want to celebrate the anniversary of my novel for November 1st. Kind of silly, I know, but I think being able to keep my motivation and work on the same story every day for a year (give or take two months of breaks here and there), is a worthy excuse to celebrate.

I'll sort of be participating. I don't plan on publishing for money, instead I will be doing it on fictionpress and my goals will be chapter based.

As for how stories can change, I know it all too well. This year mine is based of a concept for a book I was writing when I was nine years old! Of course when I was nine I had started reading everything I could, everything EXCEPT harry potter. My sibs had spoiled and read out loud on many occasions, I just couldn't see the appeal so I started writing my own magic story. I thought mine was so cool, it had a war, death, and some latin I had been learning. My mom found it recently and I snatched it away from her as quick as I could, it was awful.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Archer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm just gonna pull this up here in case anyone else will be participating this year and needs a place to chat~

Personally, I'll be participating, sort of. It won't be one single story that I'll be working on, my goal is just to write every day and (hopefully) hit the daily word goal, but I will likely bounce around between 2-4 stories depending what I feel like working on each day. ^-^

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Silverhart » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 pm

I wasn't planning on participating this year, but I am hoping to use it to motivate me to practice writing more. I've been very bad keeping up a healthy writing schedule lately. Not gonna aim for 1700 words a day, but a more moderate 800 or 500 seems doable.

I'm thinking I might just come up with a bunch of prompts, and then pick one to work on at random day to day.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion