Plants!

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Plants!

Postby Vazchu » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:41 pm

I got two new painted nettles (Plectranthus scutellarioides) in birthday present this year, I'm so happy. (:
The mice ate my other two last autumn ... And I love those plants so much. I pray for a long and happy life for them at the countryside once I move there permanently <3

And I've planned this year's "to do"-list for my garden. (: First off I need to get my lawn mower working ... It broke late last summer sadly. And then some of my other garden tools also needs some repairs before the spring arrives here.
But as for the garden I'm gonna plant some new bushes, prune my apple trees again (two of them got new "hairstyles" last spring, the third one is a total mess), rejuvenate some bushes and roses that are too messy, finish off the planting areas for my strawberries and keep fighting the ants that are destroying my garden.
This year I've decided to stick to growing just one tomato plant, some parsley, some potatoes (I've decided to grow a tad less than what I usually do this year, I got too much last year), squash, some beans of various kinds. And since I got my eyes open for growing linen last year, I shall expand that area of the garden. It was so much fun and I truly enjoyed it. Imagine using it to make your own thread or making linen soap someday, it'd be amazing!
Lastly I have also bought various different flower seeds that I'm just going to make some flower fields for my bees, butterflies and bumblebees (surprisingly I had so many more bumblebees last year than what I've had ever before). Partly I'm going to focus on Swedish culture flowers from the 1800s and 1700s, but also meadow flowers in order to recreate some of the areas of my garden to the way it was around the late 1890s.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Previous

Return to General Discussion