Anthropology

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Anthropology

Postby Startedraining » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi all!

Is anyone interested in anthropology of any kind? Do you wanna talk about it?
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Re: Anthropology

Postby cjr09 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:20 pm

YO I'M HERE FOR THIS

I'm all about that evolutionary process yo how the heck are we even still alive as a species. Like. We don't have thick fur or claws or venomous spurs on the backs of our feet like. We can throw things accurately from a distance and kill things with that but other than that ???????????????
cjr09

Re: Anthropology

Postby Startedraining » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:37 pm

cjr09 wrote:YO I'M HERE FOR THIS

I'm all about that evolutionary process yo how the heck are we even still alive as a species. Like. We don't have thick fur or claws or venomous spurs on the backs of our feet like. We can throw things accurately from a distance and kill things with that but other than that ???????????????

Brain size is directly related to social structure. That's generally the point of the following explanation.

I think, me personally, that we as a species are adapted to change, and that's why we are still alive as a species. Generally we can think ahead and make plans, whereas other animals cannot usually do that. They can't plan an ambush or anything mostly. Especially with the use of fire and tools, we just became more advanced.

Way back when, Africa's climate was fluctuating every few thousand years from hot dry to hot wet. The animals living there needed to be able to adapt very quickly. This is what scientists believe led to the larger brain size, the changing climates. Although there are different theories about that.

When Homo began to leave Africa we saw a change in anatomy, but not necessarily brain size. What we see is that Neanderthals have a hUGE brain capacity, at 1600 cc versus modern Homo sapien's 1200. That's huge, like, super big. We know that they lives in groups and that *gasp* they ritually buried their dead.

The gist of this, because I'm too tired to comprehend anything I'm saying any more is that

It's our ability to think ahead and use tools. Anything we do can be used as a tool, because clothes are tools, so are axes and huts. Generally it's our ability to THINK and cooperate with each other that make us a dominant species. We're not strong, we're not fast or anything, but we do think before we act and weigh consequences which eventually led us to where we are now
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return