What do you consider a friend?

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

What do you consider a friend?

Postby Kanchome. » Mon May 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Someone who I would label a friend is just someone who is nice and that ive talked a bit with

THough I still dont like labeling some people as friends because I fear that they dont think they're friends with me and that just makes things awkward
Kanchome.

Re: What do you consider a friend?

Postby Sphye » Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 pm

I tend to use the word "friend" more for random birds that I see than I do for people I know. CX

I think that a friend is anyone whose company you enjoy and who you would choose to spend time with. It's anyone who you would choose to have a connection with beyond what's necessary, beyond being schoolmates or coworkers or fellow dog show attendees or whatever your initial context for meeting is. Even if you don't specifically hang out, if you would make an effort to spend time with that person, I feel like that qualifies as a friend.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby solivigants. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 pm

I would consider and person/being as a friend when you can trust me. Or at least show you think you can be with me without having to agree on the same things all the time. I strongly dislike it when I say, "i like this" and another person says they do too. Or I say, "i hate this" and the other person says they hate it too. its quite sad to hear they cant be real to themselves. just be yourself lol- dont be another me. i already hate myself hahaha.
but i try not to label quickly, because it takes a while for certain people.
(wow i say too much, sorry)
taurus sun | gemini rising | aquarius moon
she/her | lover of dogs and burgers

Feel free to chat with me!
solivigants.

Postby Polly44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Once i get to know people i tend to consider them a friend. I've been working at a pet shop now for 4 months i think and i probably consider at least three of my colleagues my friends now, as i have over the past few months gotten to know them. Two of them i consider as more my bosses than friends (partly as one of them scares me, hah) and the other i went to college with so he is a close friend/crush.

I think i make friends quite easily, especially as i am a very trusting person and i go into jobs wanting to make friends rather than colleagues. However anything closer than that is considerably harder. I only have two close friends really. My best friend since college, so some 6 years ish now. And the guy i work with as well, but as i have a huge crush on him it's a lot harder to define our relationship, as i only partly consider him a friend, heh.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 pm

For me, someone that I will go out of my way to help and assist no matter what, and someone that I'm willing to hang out with outside of school/work is a "friend." And, obviously, someone that I really enjoy being around and talking to. I can count the number of real life friends I've had in my life on one hand.

Interestingly enough, I also have an "internet buddy friendship" classification in my mind, and basically everyone who I've talked to at least a little bit online falls into that category. I'm quite particular with forming friendships IRL, but I'm extremely open when it comes to bonding with internet buddies. XP

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Sphye » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:Interestingly enough, I also have an "internet buddy friendship" classification in my mind, and basically everyone who I've talked to at least a little bit online falls into that category. I'm quite particular with forming friendships IRL, but I'm extremely open when it comes to bonding with internet buddies. XP

Mm-hmm!! Online, you can be more selective in how you present yourself, and where. If you don't have to interact with everyone, the interactions that you do have can be more meaningful. You can find groups who all have some shared interest, even if it's obscure.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby crispyplays » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

--to me, a friend is someone i can trust.--
i dont usually open up to people, but when i do, it shows that the person is trustful and kind enough to have stayed that long. internet friends to me, aren't really friends. i don't know how to explain it, it just doesn't work the same way that talking irl does for me.
--anyways, yeah.--
crispyplays

Return to General Discussion