Eldemore is Taking a Break

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Re: Eldemore is Taking a Break

Postby Matreats » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 am

Hey! Is it still doing it? I was having the same problem last night when trying to see my messages but it went away now

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ
ᎽᎬᎥᏞᎠs

u

Matreats

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 pm

ooof dang sorry for the many posts it was completely glitching out. I just meant to send that post once ._.
but it appears to be okay now?

ғαιияєαcн
F Gʟxʏ Aɴɪɴ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>this is me<<
German/Female/Snake lover
She/Her pronouns
You can call me Sun/Sunrise!
❝gimme all your crystal pets!❞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
⋅⋇⋅⋅⋇⋅

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔══*✴*══╗
I
ʜ
ʟʏs
sɴ
ʏsʟғ
s

sʀ;
I
ɴ

ʙ

ɢʟxʏ

Tʏʟ
Tʜʀ
╚══*✴*══╝

Sarah

Postby Aquasplash ~ » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 am

Sarah wrote:ooof dang sorry for the many posts it was completely glitching out. I just meant to send that post once ._.

I'm now having the error you describe; I click on a user and get a general error
Hopefully just a glitch with the site being renovated
I have hundreds of bazaar pets and ultra rares/legendaries, and over a thousand rares for trade! I'm looking for Chicken Smoothie pets or C$, or Flight Rising gems or treasure. Send me a trade, or check out my trading thread HERE for more details!
Aquasplash ~

Postby Kiinotasha » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:05 am

Aquasplash ~ wrote:
Sarah wrote:ooof dang sorry for the many posts it was completely glitching out. I just meant to send that post once ._.

I'm now having the error you describe; I click on a user and get a general error

I have that too. Hopefully it will get sorted out
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby Aquasplash ~ » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 am

Kiinotasha wrote:
Aquasplash ~ wrote:

I have that too. Hopefully it will get sorted out

Yeah. I also sent someone a PM and now can't read their reply without getting the same error.
I really hope it gets fixed :D
I have hundreds of bazaar pets and ultra rares/legendaries, and over a thousand rares for trade! I'm looking for Chicken Smoothie pets or C$, or Flight Rising gems or treasure. Send me a trade, or check out my trading thread HERE for more details!
Aquasplash ~

Postby Babypoke » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Hopefully another update soon. I cant wait to see the site up and running again!
I Hoard Chickens and foo dogs! I am active on eldemore I atleast check in daily
Babypoke

Postby Acry Chai! » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 pm

its been quite a while, woah nelly
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=A4608aec ... d=3.1&rm=2

Scorpio-Artist-11/06
"All the best people are crazy..."
Horrible at computer art XDD

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=A4608aec ... d=3.1&rm=2
Acry Chai!

Postby WaterandIce » Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 am

are the site renovations almost done? its been a few years haha
WaterandIce

Postby Startedraining » Thu May 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Due to Covid-19 affecting the lives of the admins to an extent, I think things are being worked on a little slower while they figure everything out. Zayin mentioned that most of the problems he had been encountering are nearly completed.

Trading was completed in November/December of 2019, as well as the small issue Zayin had with the linked logins, and he finished the homestead and adoptions fairly early, and I could’ve sworn he mentioned something about event code being written in as well. I can only imagine there’s only a few more features he has to get through to finish the site, namely features like thorns cottage (possibly an extension of the revised adoption code), a revamp of Eldesonas, and a couple miscellaneous tasks.

I’m on mobile or I’d link all of the updates in order so we can see what’s left to be done.
edit: here's some chronological updates!

Here's a list of things Zayin has been working on and has finished (bolded items are completed). To make this lsit easier to read I've removed my center text habit.
Homestead
Adoptions/Events/Bauble transactions
User login & communications between custom code and phpbb
Codex
Trading
News page
Explore/Thorn's Cottage type stuff
Event and Cinematic system
Eldsonas
Tweaking and modding forums
User settings/mod tools
Admin section

In this post Zayin mentions the completion of the Homestead as a function, gifs and examples were added and we were confirmed these new features:
    - Same spacing for all creatures
    - Groups remember what page you were on when sorting
    - "Very Rare" rarity feature between Rare and Ultra Rare
    - Mobile friendly pet sorting and selecting
    and a few other small things!

In this post Zayin mentions the completed adoption processes (with bauble transactions in the works), and some other miscellaneous background processes that help with events and transactions wholly.

In this post Zayin has completed the bauble transaction process.

In this post Zayin mentions the codex being nearly completed, along with a lot of new features that have been added in and some bugs that have been fixed from our previous version.
And in this post Zayin is fixing the UI with the codex and fixing any bugs we may encounter before launch, as well as adding the dreaded item codex.
This post has Zayin saying the codex was completed.

All of these updates are found in the previous "New Site Updates" thread, mostly in order but there are a few updates with minor/behind the scenes bug fixing that was not explicitly on the list of workable things to look forward to.

In this post Zayin begins working on the trading (which he has already admitted would be incredibly time consuming, but at the time of posting (somewhere between April and August) the trading had been done about 70%.

This mentions 95% completion of trading posted in November of 2019

In this post here Zayin goes in depth on the aforementioned login between custom coding and phpbb, which he'd actually recently fixed, woo!

In Zayin's most recent update, he mentions finishing up a project, which is shortly before the world collapsed the covid-19 virus took hold of the world and a lot of things have happened.

Clearly a lot of the bulk of eldemore's systems are completed, the homestead and trading in particular are huge huge parts of our site, and the codex,,, so many images.... oof...
Zayin hasn't commented on the task intensity of a few of these features, but i can only imagine there's still quite a lot to do. But there's so much thats been done already, too, with these updates. And personally, seeing all the updates lined up like this makes me feel a little better about the task the admins had set out to do.

Zayin's done a lot, coding is hard. I'm very excited to see updates soon, but it'll have to be when the covid stuff stops and everyone can get back to their daily lives.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Matreats » Thu May 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Wow! That list is really cool - Thanks for compiling it all! It's really cool to see everything that's happened so far o-o

╒═══════════════╕
Hello there! My name is Matisse,
and I enjoy drawing, Undertale,
Minecraft, Voltron, Pokemon,
and Eldemore. I'm more active
on Eldemore, so feel free to
send a trade! I don't care much
for pet rarities, just looks.

╘═══════════════╛
╒═══════════════╕
╘═══════════════╛
ᏢᎪᏆᎥᎬᏁᏟᎬ