»ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ« || House Sorting && Auditions

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

»ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ« || House Sorting && Auditions

Postby acexxspade » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Before we can start the rp we need characters to start with right? Well, this is the Character and Audition thread. The link for this thread will be on the Great Hall thread for easy access.

IMPORTANT LINKS;;
» DISCUSSION THREAD
» THE GREAT HALL THREAD

2.01 For now I would like you to only create two characters at a time. This number may change in the future.
2.02 I will be the one to put you into houses and give you specific wands that fit your characters. This is to keep the characters and the mechanics balanced and believable.
2.03 If there is a special ability you would like to have please request it in your form, but I am only going to give limited special abilities, because not everyone can have everything. This is to keep the characters and the mechanics balanced and believable.
2.04 Please no Gary stues or Mary sues, which are perfect characters in everyway. There are many different kinds of people, please try to be unique, but not so unique that its unbelievable.
2.05 Pictures please! I don't care what you use for character images. If you would like to draw your character then be my guest, but try to get as much of their appearance within the picture and (unless they have a special ability like vampire/werewolf) please keep them human and with more or less normal human attributes.
2.06 You may pick your own Hogwarts pet, but keep it limited to a cat, rat, frog/toad, or owl. Unless I give permission for otherwise or change the rules.
2.07 This is set in the future (2028-29) and so most of the original book/movie characters have grown older and are not to be played. But if you can find a way to be a son or daughter or grandchild of these people please pm me about them. I'm going to be a bit picky about original family names. Albus Potter is the current headmaster and he is in his mid thirties.
2.08 PATRONUS;; This is very advanced magic, so it will not be taught within classes until the fifth year in DADAs. And not to mention most wizards have a very hard time casting full patronus spells. If your character has a patronus before their fifth year, please have a good explanation of where they learned how to do it.
2.09 BLOOD STATUS;; Please try to vary this out a bit. Of course there wouldn't be any squibs within Hogwarts, but not everyone is Pureblood and not everyone is Muggle-born. Most Pureblood wizards come from Wizarding Families. Here is a link to a list of known Pureblood families. These would be considered the purest of blood. But I have no objection to you creating several other Pureblood families. However, there are no recollection of any surviving families of the founders of the four houses, so please don't make a Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw.

LIST OF FAMILIES BEING USED;; [If the family is already up here then you either need to ask the original creator to be part of the family or make a new one. Please don't make up too many pureblood families as they are not all that common.]

Parkinson Family (ask Spade): (Pureblood Family) Evangeline (17 years, year 7) [open to be played]
Ivy (16 years, year 6) [open to be played]
Kane (15 years, year 5) [played by Spade]

Lockwood Family (ask Skie): (Pureblood Family) Arellia (18 years, year 7) [open to be played]

LIST OF SPECIAL ABILITIES TAKEN;;
Will be updates at a later time.

CHARACTER BIO FORM;;
Code: Select all
NAME;; LAST, FIRST MIDDLE
AGE;;
YEAR;;
GENDER;;
BLOOD STATUS;; Pure blood, Half-blood, Muggle born
FAMILIAR;; animal pet name and short description.
SPECIAL REQUEST;; If you want a specific ability, like Animagus or Parselmouth.
PATRONUS;; Read rule on Patronuses.
PERSONALITY;;
HISTORY;; Optional but preferred for sorting purposes.
IMAGE;;
Last edited by acexxspade on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
acexxspade

Re: »ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ« || House Sorting && Auditions

Postby acexxspade » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 am

CHARACTER EXAMPLE;;

NAME;; PARKINSON, KANE RAFFERTY
AGE;; 15 Years old, June 5th
YEAR;; 5th year
GENDER;; male
BLOOD STATUS;; He is Pureblood, and sometimes believes he is the purest of blood, just as was pounded into him during his training.

FAMILIAR;; LILAC ASHES- A Black cat named Lilac Ashes. Her nickname is often “Lilac” by Kane himself. She is a strange cat that sometimes appears out of no where. She likes to follow Kane around and sometimes ends up waiting for him in his next class.

SPECIAL REQUEST;; Metamorphmagus: He has the ability to change his eye color. But it is more of an unconscious thing and happens depending on who he is at the very moment. The color of the names below equal the color of his eyes when he is that personality.

PERSONALITY;;
kane. Kane's original personality is very gentle. It would seem he couldn't hurt even the most despised of creatures. He can seem like a very normal "overly kind" kind of person, But the one word that would most describe Kane Parkinson is "Haunted." He is afraid of so much. Anything that might be dangerous he often can't handle. Kane is unstable and humble at the same time.

Kane has a very childish personality. He is much like a ten year old who's brain hasn't fully developed. He loves cookies and going to the park. He especially loves to play games like cards or hide and seek.

Being afraid of everything did give one perk to Kane. He is an escape artist. He can get out of just about any situation. A locked room without any doors or windows would have to keep him from going anywhere. Of course he's not perfect. He's just very resourceful.

Lastly, Kane isn't very magical. He has a hard time even producing easy charms. Not that he tries very often. He usually hides within himself unless he's alone or with Ivy. He is afraid of most people and yet can also seem a bit too trusting to people sometimes.

Kane's eyes as a warm brown.

colin. Colin is a very professional person. He seems to have the brain capacity of a 20 year old Adult. He is the decision maker for the body. He was created to take care of the Parkinson family and to care for the family business and that is generally all he cares about. He doesn't have much emotions and if he does he doesn't show them.

One thing about Colin is that he was bred to know who he was. He is the youngest son of the Parkinson pureblood family, and is to be the heir of the family inheritance. He respects the fact that he still has much to learn about his family and how to head it and that he is not yet ready to take his place there. However, he also was made to believe that there is no one better to take the place of head of the family. Even his father isn't fit to lead it in his own mind.

But Colin is tolerant and Just. Unless you threaten his family or turn against them, he does his best to make the right decision. He is merciful to those who are not enemies, in which case he could very well be down right cruel. He has a snake's tough, and has a way with words. But he isn't very social.

ross. The Ocean blue eyed Ross. Ross is the intelligent one of the three. He isn't quite as bound to his family as Colin is, but he wouldn't let his head down. Anyway, Ross is the overachiever in school and is often asked to find stuff for other students, or gets himself caught up in some teenage mysteries. He sees himself as a detective and that's always how he's wanted to be. To be useful with his giftings.

He is genius when it comes to Magic and Potions. But nothing beats the work of human behavior. Ross loves to watch people. He can see how each one reacts to situations and to each other and he can piece them together. He loves to catch people in a lie and tell them they need to change their attitude. Or he can tell when someone becomes hostile. He's kind of like Kane's guard dog if you will.

hainer. Hainer is the social one of the crew. He can pick up a conversation with just about anyone. He's impulsive and loud and can talk for years on end about the same thing. He's more willing to go out and have fun and mess around. He has friends all over the school, but also has many enemies. He can be kind of Slytherinish when it comes to people weaker then himself. He'll often take his anger out on them through harsh words and petty little tricks. Despite his bright golden eye color shift, Hainer can appear very dark.

Hainer also loves girls. Pretty girls, flirty girls, silly girls, smart girls. He loves them! Love's their personalities and their figures. But its more in a respectful sort of way. He would be the personality most likely to get married and have kids. It is his greatest desire after all, to have a family. He doesn't much care for Kane's family.

ace. There isn't very much known about Ace. Even his very existence is barely known by the other four personalities. He never talks. Never interacts. And never listens. He is only there to protect Kane and his true personality from anyone who might bring him harm. His concentration is so deep that wordless magic is his way of life. He was bred for combat and protection. But he stays dormant within Kane's body unless the boy is truly in deep danger. He allows the other Personalities to take care of Kane most of the time. Ace's eyes are a deep crimson red.

HISTORY;; If you would like to read the whole of Kane's history please follow THIS link.
Last edited by acexxspade on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
acexxspade

Postby acexxspade » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:58 am

EXAMPLE ACCEPTANCE;;
KANE ACCEPTED!
WAND;; Cherry Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, Swishy rigidity, and 12 inches long.
HOUSE;; Slytherin
acexxspade

Postby acexxspade » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:59 am

This thread is now open to start posting characters.
acexxspade

Postby SkieNight » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:22 am

NAME;;
Lockwood, Avalon Saskia
AGE;;
16 years old, December 13th
YEAR;;
6th year
GENDER;;
Female
BLOOD STATUS;;
Pure blood

HOUSE;;
Ravenclaw
WAND;;
Walnut Wood, Dragon Heartstring Core, unruling rigidity, and 10 inches long.
FAMILIAR;;
Silarian
A spotted owl who has more dark brown and almost chocolate brown plumage. Most of his white spots are on his chest and the end of his wings, leaving the wing tops and his back to be almost completely brown with few dots. He is normally seen either flying through the great hall to deliver mail or resting in the owl wing, though at times he'll appear outside of the window by Avalon's bed.

PATRONUS;;
A cat

SPECIAL REQUEST;;
Animagus: She is still learning and has not mastered the skill so it takes some concentration for her but she can transform into a gray fox.
PERSONALITY;;
Intelligent - The girl is one smart cookie and takes pride in her brains. She knows that she's smarter than some if not most, and while she doesn't bring it up she enjoys being reminded that she's smart. She's always willing to learn more in order the get smarter and honestly just enjoys using her brain.
Helpful - While Avalon isn't what some would call 'friendly' she is always willing to lend a hand, especially when it comes to tutoring. She also simply enjoys finding things to do, like cleaning to simply keep herself busy.
Hard working - Being a natural brainiac Avalon is extremely determined and can be described as a work-aholic by some. She always keeps herself busy and always pushes herself to do better. She hates procrastination with a burning passion and will always sit down and get homework done as soon as she can.
Calculating - Avalon enjoys being one step a head of everyone else. Her brain is always looking for that next, riddle hit or what ever to keep her moving forward. In any confrontation she always goes through her options quickly and carefully. She never over thinks things, but she's careful to think before she acts.
Perfectionist - Everything must be done to the best of her abilities. She wont have it any other way. She hates when anything is even slightly off and will often take more time on things just to get it done at the next level. She wont have any slacking off or any mistakes.
A bit of a show off - She's smart and she knows it. She also likes to remind others of her intelligence. While she won't rub it in her face she will occasionally bring it up in conversations. It can also simply be see in her movements and actions.
Realist - While works of fiction are interesting she won't believe a word of it. Avalon goes by facts and facts alone, is something is even slightly skeptical she'll be doubtful until theres enough proof. She normally like this so that her expectations don't to flying out of the building.
Close minded and Judgmental - The girl is one to judge other off of intelligence alone. She doesn't want to be bothered with those who are 'dumb'. She is known for jumping to conclusions about people and things and will also judge based off of appearances. It's a bad habit but it happens anyways and there isn't much that can be done about it.
Hard on herself and others - Because everything must be perfect if it isn't she wont be happy. While she isn't one to let other see her 'weak side' she does have one. Being the second daughter Avalon is always fighting for the attention of her parents. She constantly believes that she isn't good enough and pushes herself to extremes in order to make them proud. She sets high standards for herself and others and is always very upset when she can't reach them or when they can't reach them.
Thinks a bit too highly of herself - She's can be a proud one and often thinks she's better at things than she really is. She views herself to be superior to others because of her intelligence.

HISTORY;;
Avalon grew up in a nice and very proper environment. Both her parents held vary high-ranking jobs in the ministry of magic and were known for being top students at school. Avalon is actually the second child, she has an older sister names Arellia. While her parents put most of the pressure on her sister to succeed Avalon always felt pressured herself to do better and better. Arellia was expected to take her parents place in the ministry of magic, something that was always Avalon's dream. Growing up it was always a competition to see who could do it better. Avalon gave up at sports quickly because her sister was a natural, much to their father's praise. She lost hope on many of the arts seeing as Arellia seemed to have a gift with her hands and the girl also had a naturally creative nature. What Avalon had, that her sister lacked, was the brains. Now Arellia was a very bright young witch, but in every test that the two took Avalon always did better. It was something that she excelled naturally at and now she forces herself to do better and better to impress her parents. Because of her brains her mother and father now put more pressure on her to do better in school. Not that Avalon minds, she likes the attention and the challenge, its another way to beat her sister.
Last edited by SkieNight on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby acexxspade » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:47 am

@SKIENIGHT;; You know I totally forgot about the patronus, thanks for reminding me SkieNight. :] Just let me know when you've finished and if you have any questions feel free to pm me or reply to the discussion thread.

@EVERYONE;; Also, I just don't want to frighten anyone, I always have really long bios. Your bio doesn't have to be so long. I'm not going to be picky, though I do need enough information about your character to place them. And I updated the bio with Blood Status and Patronus! Please read the rules guys! And you can now add onto the families of others as long as you ask them about it first!
acexxspade

Postby SkieNight » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 pm

@acexxspade - Sorry that took so long, I've been very busy. But here's my form I hope it's okay. Let me know if I need to change anything.

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby acexxspade » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 am

AVALON ACCEPTED!
WAND;; Walnut Wood, Dragon Heartstring Core, unruling rigidity, and 10 inches long.
HOUSE;; Ravenclaw!
OTHER;; do you want me to put your family up to be played by others?

WAND EXPLANATION;;
dragon heartstring core. As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

walnut wood. Highly intelligent witches and wizards ought to be offered a walnut wand for trial first, because in nine cases out of ten, the two will find in each other their ideal mate. Walnut wands are often found in the hands of magical innovators and inventors; this is a handsome wood possessed of unusual versatility and adaptability. A note of caution, however: while some woods are difficult to dominate, and may resist the performance of spells that are foreign to their natures, the walnut wand will, once subjugated, perform any task its owner desires, provided that the user is of sufficient brilliance. This makes for a truly lethal weapon in the hands of a witch or wizard of no conscience, for the wand and the wizard may feed from each other in a particularly unhealthy manner.
acexxspade

Postby SkieNight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 am

@acexxspade - Thank you so much, if you wish you can put Arellia up to be played by someone else. She'd be 18 years old and would be a 7th year, though she's a little old for her grade

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby acexxspade » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

@SKIENIGHT;; Alright! ^-^ I'll add her! Feel free to start discussing stuff within the discussion thread. I think we need a few more characters before we can start rping.

@EVERYONE;; Hey guys! I would like there to be at least one or two characters in each house before I give the first clue!
acexxspade

Next

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions