The Wardroom ---> Board and Broadsides Discussion Thread

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

The Wardroom ---> Board and Broadsides Discussion Thread

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Welcome to the Wardroom, a.k.a the Discussion Thread for Board and Broadsides, where we can discuss and make plans for ruining our characters lives with senseless drama I mean for plotting purposes. *ahem* Feel free to use this place for brainstorming, bouncing ideas off others, asking questions, or shooting out suggestions. Especially suggestions for plots and sub-plots like: Let's go fight a giant squid! Or Let's go save baby Otterlings from a forest fire! Or Let's all go kidnap Sorren and make him cook us pancakes! (actually, that's a horrible idea – let's not do that to poor Sorren XP).

Roleplaying is a form of cooperative storytelling, so feel free to work together with the other players to work out plots and have fun! I don't want anyone to feel limited on what they want to do – if everyone's in agreement we can pretty much do whatever we'd like – we have a ship that can take us almost anywhere.

Feel free to start throwing forms up on this thread now if you like, and don't hesitate to ask questions about anything. Once we have a some characters ready to go, I'll open the thread for roleplaying.

In the meantime, be sure to read over everything on the main thread and tell me how you think it is. This is my first time doing a roleplay like this, and there's a good amount of logistics I needed to work out. I strove to find a nice balance between letting everyone's imagination and writing skills run wild with the basic premise, and having some form of structure to keep the roleplay on track. I may or may not have achieved that goal so if something doesn't make sense, seems overly complicated, or like it just won't work, let me know here. I'm always open to suggestions – that's kind of why I'm opening the Discussion Thread before I start the actual roleplay, so if anything needs to be fixed or tweaked before we start I can do that.

Important Links
Articles of Agreement
(Rules and Regulations)
The Commissioner's Bookshelf
(Reference Information)
The Purser's Desk
(Characters)
Captain's Log
(Story Updates)
Last edited by Silverhart on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

The Wardroom ---> Form

When you're ready, post your forms on the Discussion Thread.

Feel free to add extra information to the form, and pretty it up if you like, but please make sure to fill out all parts listed. And don't forget to remove the things in {these parenthesis}.

Go nuts you guys.

(Pfft - so, I'm idiot and forgot some things on this form. Nothing big - just a space for your character's race. XP But yeah, gonna own up to it, since I think some of you have already started working on these, so yup. Just make sure you got that in.)

Eldemorian Form

Code: Select all
    [list][b]Name::[/b]
    [b]Gender::[/b]
    [b]Age::[/b]
    [b]Race::[/b]
    [b]Homeport::[/b] {where your character hails from – seeing as the map isn't complete yet, you can generalize or put 'undisclosed'}
    [b]Serving as::[/b] {your character's role on the ship or rank if they are an officer; if they're just along for the trip and are not actually a sailor be sure to include that here too}
    [b]Loyalty::[/b] {Pirate/Navy}

[b]Appearance::[/b] {so we can identify the body - just kidding! Should be fairly detailed; you may include an image if you wish, but be sure to also include a written description}

[b]Past Experience::[/b] {your character's history. It can be brief or detailed, at least a paragraph or two}

[b]Personality::[/b] {should be fairly detailed, at least a good sized paragraph or two}

[b]Bonds::[/b] {creatures your character is bonded to}
    [b]Companion(s)::[/b] {the unbonded creatures your character is traveling with}

[b]Magic::[/b] {any magic your character possesses from a bonded creature; should be something small, like a change in appearance, better hearing, etc.}

[b]Quirks::[/b] {interests, hobbies, odd habits, tics, phobias, talents, weaknesses, strengths, preferences, pet peeves, virtues, vices, guilty pleasures etc. anything and everything you feel like adding}

[center][b][size=110].::Log::.[/size][/b][/center]
    {the log is where you can keep track of your character's adventures throughout the story if you wish. You may leave this blank for now and come back to edit in any interesting things you care to add. You can use it for notes, to keep track of character development, add more backstory you develop, list your characters' relationships, side plots, past adventures, or just state their mood. You can also just leave it blank.}
    [*]
    [*]
    [*][/list]

Creature Form

Code: Select all
    [list][b]Name::[/b]
    [b]Gender::[/b]
    [b]Species::[/b]
    [b]Traveling companion:[/b] {the Eldemorian your creature is traveling with}
    [b]Image::[/b] [official Eldemore image/link or CS custom image]

[b]Magic::[/b] {any magic your creature possesses. It should be fairly small, and match your creature's species – for example it wouldn't make much sense for an Ice Rune to make magic fireballs would it?}

[b]Personality::[/b] {can be brief or detailed, but should be at least a good sized paragraph or two}

[b]Quirks::[/b] {interests, hobbies, odd habits, tics, phobias, talents, weaknesses, strengths, preferences, pet peeves, virtues, vices, guilty pleasures etc. anything and everything you feel like adding}[/list]
Last edited by Silverhart on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Silverhart

Re: The Wardroom ---> Board and Broadsides Discussion Thread

Extra reserve just in case. XP You can start using this thread to discuss things while I finish up the main thread.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Sterling Roscoe

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Name:: Sterling Roscoe
    Race:: Human
    Homeport:: undisclosed
    Serving as:: Lieutenant
    Loyalty:: Navy

Appearance::
    Sterling stands tall and upright, showing off his even, solid build. He's of average height, though he very much wishes he were taller. He is somewhat lanky, with narrow shoulders, and long legs. He keeps his sandy brown hair at a reasonable length, and tries to maintain a clean-shaven appearance. His face is oval, sporting hazel eyes, and a straight nose. His movements are easy and broad, and his step is neither heavy nor light. He is fairly well coordinated and balanced (Pfft. You wish Sterling). One would never call him graceful, but there is a natural, some might say over-exaggerated ease in his gestures.
    Overall he exudes an air of sophisticated nonchalance: striving to effect an appearance and attitude of not particularly caring about his appearance or attitude (even though he obviously does).
    Usually bedecks himself in expensive shirts, and bright jackets (many of which are starting to become quite shabby), although while working he's more inclined to be wearing a simple loose shirt, trousers, and a worn, but well-made black or blue coat.

Past Experience::
    The third of five brothers, Sterling was always something of a black sheep, more interested in betting races and collecting books, then seafaring. His family was a well-to-do Naval family, well known for breeding Dire wolves for use by the Wardens, and with a history of it's sons pursuing fabulous Naval careers. His two older brothers have both made post-captain, and he has a younger brother serving as an Admiral's clerk, and another becoming a midshipman.

Sterling's childhood was generally one of privilege. He had a strict if thoughtful father, and a loving mother. His older brothers left for the Navy when he was five, and so he got to be the dominant brother for most of his childhood, leading his two younger siblings in pranking their governess, and all sorts of mischief. As a result he is not very close to his older brothers, and in fact seems to resent them somewhat – he never liked being the middle sibling when his brothers were home, they always tormented him as he did with his younger brothers. But they were rarely home, and so Sterling was the darling eldest for the majority of his childhood. At the time he was eight, his mother's bonded Rune Dragon was killed, and she sunk deep into despair and withered away to nothing. Since witnessing her slow descent Roscoe has lost any sentiment for attachments, and much prefers to be unbonded for the rest of his life (Which he has failed at).

Since her death, Sterling has always had a poor relationship with his family, in particular his father, who he finds a strict, overbearing, humorless bore of a man, who breeds vicious wolves and then gives the beasts his sons to use as chew toys. He's made it his goal in life to do everything in his power to go against his father's wishes. He has so far failed in that goal. This seems to be the first of many failures for Sterling. In fact he seems to fail at everything he tries at. Perhaps that's why he doesn't try anymore, and attempts to live a life of laissez-faire. Alas he fails at not trying too, which is just plain sad. Still he avoids his family at all costs, and for the most part they're just glad he is making a living and staying far away from them.

Always one to break tradition, simply for the sake of being contrary, Sterling himself went to college to become a lawyer. He flunked out with flying colors – or rather, was kicked out. Under pressure from his family, he joined the Navy, and after passing his lieutenant's test, earned a commission through his father's patronage. As per tradition, upon passing his test Sterling was to be given a Dire Wolf puppy. However, he was instead given Moritz, a grizzled Forest Dire, who had been bonded to a ship's carpenter before he was killed. She latched onto Sterling, and the two have been bonded ever since. Despite the bond being strained, the two are content with keeping it a purely working relationship. The two have been bounced from ship to ship every since he started his commission, never seeming to settle down into one ship's company.

Personality::
    Analytical and adaptable, Sterling is full of resourcefulness, knowledge, and charm. He enjoys showing off sharing his extensive knowledge, which may or may not be accurate. Possessing quite a bit of an ego, he dislikes being corrected, or made to feel less important. Always the black sheep of the family, Sterling is something of a ne'er-do-well, never shirking from experiencing all the pleasures life has to offer, and being sure to avoid hard labor and complications as often as is possible. The most important person in his life is himself; caring too deeply for others only ends in sorrow and ruin, and Sterling knows he's far too weak a person to deal with that – it's a far simpler existence to only have to worry about oneself. And simpler is always better.

Sterling may come across as a bit rough and aloof, but this is a persona he often effects in the hopes of making him seem more confident – in fact he is a friendly, charming personality, who thrives on attention, and loves being around people. He would be lost without people to feed his sense of self importance, and he genuinely loves good companionship.

Sterling also loves knowledge. Knowledge is power to him, and he will go far out of his way on a quest for curiosity. He enjoys delving into a new book or exploring some new town or city - often exploring those less savory parts, and getting into trouble ('life experiences', he calls them). How he gets out of all the trouble he gets into is a mystery. The man has the fortune of an Otterling, and none of it's common sense. Roscoe has a zest for life, and enjoys the unexpected. He is adventurous and can even be playful in his love of new things. He always needs to have a plan, or a leader to fall back on, though he is flexible and willing to change plans in an instant if circumstances arise.

When on the job, it's easy to see the training in the Navy has honed him into at least a presentable officer – rigid as a board, well kept, and dutiful. And for the most part, Sterling is fairly competent. He knows his way around a ship, and can obey and rely orders extremely well – but beneath the paint and polish it's painfully clear that Sterling's leadership skills are seriously lacking. He simply does not have the creativity required – or rather is poor at applying his creativity to the tasks required; nor the ambition, or command of respect a higher position needs. In fact it's widely agreed that he only got this far on account of his father's patronage.

Roscoe always tries to maintain an attitude of refined disdain, and sometimes he even succeeds. His family is not very well bred, having only acquired it's position through services to the Royal Houses of Alabaster, but Sterling still holds himself in high regard, scoffing at the stodgy Old Nobility, and commoners alike. Considering his upbringing, he is quite tolerant of the other races and classes, but only because he treats everyone he meets with the exact same slightly derisive courtesy, regardless of rank or birth. It's ironic to note that Sterling seems to have a tendency to rebel against 'authority' – though in a subtle way (Sterling's far to lazy to do something like actually 'rebel' – that would be exhausting and cause endless headaches – he just complains). He loves the life of a sailor and the freedom of it all, and he thinks very poorly of those that threaten that freedom. This attitude can sometimes rub the wrong way with certain overbearing officers, but with a loose enough leash, and a firm hand Sterling is a happy and reliable lieutenant.

At least it can be said of Sterling that at least he is honest in who he likes and dislikes. He tries to be a bit more subversive where his superiors are involved, but generally makes his bad feelings so plain through soft snorts and grimaces that only the most oblivious of officers can pick up on it. As a result he's been bounced around from ship to ship, offending at least one officer on each one. It goes both ways however, and it's always quite plain when Sterling likes a person – unfortunately this too has a negative effect as the stiff officer's decorum he tries to maintain tends to melt away and he can become very loose with his close chums. It goes without saying that he is terrible at poker (but also very amusing).

Bonds:: Moritz, the Black Forest Dire
    Companion(s):: none

Magic::
    None, his bond with Moritz is a bit too strained for him to gain any magic through her. Moreover he doesn't want anything to do with magic.

Quirks::
  • Can never resist a good game – be it one of chance or skill, and he greatly enjoys both watching and participating in competitions, especially during long sea voyages. He also hates to lose.
  • Sterling enjoys reading, especially philosophy, and keeps a small collection of books in his sea chest, often trading them in for new ones when he reaches a new port.
  • Over the years he's gathered quite a lot of useless talents, such as dealing cards, waltzing, sewing (maybe that one's not so useless), knife and card throwing, yo-yo tricks, tying a variety of cravat knots, as well as trick knots, and can even build a six tier card house on a good day (he had way too much free time in his youth... and cards, evidently).
  • While Sterling is a horrible swordsman, and terrified at the thought of a boarding action, he shines as a gun crew leader. The firing of the guns is a precise and well planned action, unlike the chaos of boarding, and with a good crew and clear directions Sterling is above average in whipping his gun crew into shape and seeing that they perform every action perfectly.

.::Log::.
  • Whhooo! I have nothing to put here yet
  • *pokes with a stick*

Name:: Moritz
    Species:: Black Forest Dire
    Traveling companion: Sterling Roscoe
    Image::

Magic::
    Moritz's forest magic coupled with her extensive experience working with a carpenter, means she can tell various things about wood, such as the climate it's from, if it is hardwood or softwood (and occasionally the species), the best way to cut it, whether it has rot or woodworms, etc. The longer she's exposed to a piece, the more she can tell about it.

Personality::
    Dignified, polite, obedient, and genteel, Moritz in general is a very well-mannered Dire wolf. A prim and proper lady, for all her humble beginnings. But like all her kind, beneath the facade dwells a wild and fierce animal. She seems to match her Warden's analytical and opinionated mind with her own, often coming across as cynical and independent.

Patient and calm, Moritz is very well disciplined, unlike her Warden, and always strives to serve the greater good. Though with Roscoe she is often headstrong and willful, often acting against his wishes, she would never outright disobey an order from a commander. Deep down, there is a desperate need for approval in her, and although Sterling isn't always appreciative, she is still fiercely loyal and protective of him. She is determined not to fail her Warden, more out of a sense of duty then out of any true affection. She's dedicated herself to be something of his conscious, making sure to prick his pride and let some of the hot air out every now and then. Often she feels more like the Warden, and he the unruly Dire pup that needs to be kept in line, rather then vice versa. It can be trying at times, but being able to deflate his ego with perfect comedic timing makes it all worth it. It's always a surprise to Sterling to see his generally stoic Dire go out of her way to make sport of him. Deep down she has a rather conniving sense of humor.

Moritz has a very strong sense of pack mentality, although in contrast she herself is very stand-offish in most social situations. Where Roscoe is outgoing and charismatic, she is more reserved and thoughtful, with a tendency to hang back and not make the first move; afraid of making mistakes, and generally being suspicious of new situations. She prefers things to be familiar and orderly, which is a goal in total opposition of her bonded. Moritz is constantly striving to do the right thing, and forces her bonded to do it along with her. When she doesn't know the right thing she immediately seeks guidance from her leaders. She may not be a very affectionate Dire wolf, but she is still desperately dependent on people – even if that person is Sterling Roscoe.

• Moritz is in fact a female wolf, though Moritz is a male name, which is endlessly baffling to Sterling. For some reason he slips up often and refers to her with male pronouns, which confuses people to no end, but Moritz herself doesn't mind.
Last edited by Silverhart on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Ezra 'Strix' Nehemiah

Postby Scar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Name:: Ezra 'Strix' Nehemiah
    Race:: Avian Halfborn
    Homeport:: Alabaster City
    Serving as:: Captain

Appearance:: Exhibiting his Avian roots, Ezra is a tall, slender man standing at 6 foot, 8 inches. Built with lean muscle and long limbs, practiced in flexible and swift movements. Skin is a weathered tan, having seen many days of sun and long voyages. Don't judge by appearances, however, he has a mean amount of strength hidden behind this seemingly scrawny façade. Walks with a noble air and a serviceman's posture, though on some occasion he may display a limp in his left leg due to a past incident with his good-for-nothing brother. Nonetheless, this doesn't deter him from having an almost light-footed, refined stride and the stability of a long-legged bird.
    Hair is a sable brown, if not hinting more to black, keeping it tidy and acceptable for one of his status with a more professional cut hairstyle. Then comes the ill-seen characteristic of Halfborns, the heterochromia eyes; the right is a light shade of brown, almost tannish and the other is a piercing, icy blue, obviously acquired from his Avian side.

The eldest child by only two minutes, Ezra has always felt the weight of responsibility on his shoulders. Caring and watching over this little brother for almost as long as he can remember, making sure he was safe and taking the majority of all the prejudice remarks and scorns. Street-living orphans at the very young age of five, Ezra doesn't recall much of his parents. Seemingly awakening in the drear of an alleyway, faraway from the home he could hardly remember. From then on till his mid-teenage years, him and his brother lived a lowly life in the town of Silverport.

A living of thievery and hiding, fear and loneliness accented with the confusion of why whenever he spied peoples glances, they were full of disgust and loathing. Wasn't until he was nearing his fifteenth year did he began to understand. It wasn't just hatred he saw in others eyes but fear, fear of that half of him that titled him permanently as some condemned abomination. And as years came and went, his body and mind aging, Ezra became bitter and defiant of what he was, and this didn't go unseen by his brother, Joel.
    Trying to persuade his older brother otherwise, that what they were wasn't as awful as he'd come to believe, Ezra wouldn't listen. Upset, this developed a rocky connection between the two, and with each passing day, their relationship plummeted, until one day, they got into a very brutal fight. Full of both emotional and physical pain, transforming into the very demonic creatures people feared; feathers of varies shades of dark and light greys, blood shed, and horrific sounds that'd fuel your nightmares. Wasn't until a damaging blow was landed to Ezra's leg that the fighting gradually ceased.

Terrified, his twin brother tried to apology, never meaning it to go that far as all he meant to do was to get through his brother's thick head that they were fine as they were. But Ezra denied him forgiveness, if not telling him to leave and never return to him. From there, and for years to come, the two brothers went separate ways and haven't seen each other since. Ezra holding a bitter grudge, he left Silverport, the only home he ever knew as to travel to Alabaster City.

There, he worked hard and endless on proving himself, even joining the Navy forces. Certainly wasn't lacking of discrimination and belittling, but Ezra went above and beyond to earn his place. Wasn't easy, even going as far as completely removing anything associated to his Avian half(he'd remove it from his blood if he could).
    Coming his twenty-ninth year, all his determination and hard work paid off. Promoted to the rank of Captain, Ezra achieved his life goal and now works on keeping it that way.

Personality:: Easily annoyed by actions that may distract him or making deep thought complicated to process, Ezra is the type that must have silence else he can't concentrate. As much as he wants to deny it, he is easily distracted due to the bird's nature of alertness. Sudden sounds or movement throw him off, instinctively a very wary man so he has to make certain that no threat befalls himself or the crew. He may no act it, but he certainly a man of honor and loyalty-- he is willing to risk his skin for another, even sacrifice himself(unless it's someone of the Avian race).

Ezra is unforgiving, one that holds grudges and takes respect seriously; how you treat or act around him will differ how he'll treat you. Is very judgmental, and word of warning, if you've proved a nuisance or unreliable to him, it'll take a long while for you to prove yourself and earn his respects. So best start out on a good note with him, else you'll be going through hell to earn it.

Is short-tempered, easily annoyed and frustrated by the littlest of things, but not completely to the point of losing his head. He can be relatively level-headed and calm, if not exhibit signs of pride and heartlessness. Learning to bury and remove most emotion from his palette, he purposely distance himself and display as little to no feeling. Personally seeing that emotions show weakness, however, he could claim all he wants that he has his emotions under lock and key, certain situation can so very easily unravel them.

Surprisingly, Ezra can be as stubborn as a mule at time, and for sure get a bit hot under the collar when someone's proven him wrong, but he isn't afraid to expect and learn from his mistakes. All in all, Ezra isn't a real terrible person; maybe a bit too harsh and humorless, a workohilc really, but you can't deny that it is very admirable of him to have gotten as far as he has. A Captain of the Navy, and he's a Halfborn... You can't say he hasn't worked long and hard for this, and he definitely had a harder time earning this rank then most did.

Bonds:: Secret of Rings, as unstable as it is
    Companion(s):: None, currently

Magic:: Considering the duel-nature of his mixed blood, he hasn't noticed any magic shared between himself and Jewel. However, their bond is still very new and unsteady, so there may be something down the line but he's not holding his breath. Not a big magic person.

• Ezra is prone to get exceptionally more annoyed with those that tend to fidget, pace about needlessly, or click their tongues, and don't even get him started on slouching, lazy mutterers.
  • When frustrated or overwhelmed, the latter one he often won't expressively show, he has a habit of absentmindedly taking things apart and/or organizing; is a bit of a perfectionist and neat-freak.
  • In spite of the severed relations between himself and his brother, he still finds fascination in playing cards games; it oddly enough calms his nerves and his cold-nature down a few notches, for a short while.
  • It would be a lie to say that he wasn't at least a little bit interested in birds, even if he refuses to accept that he is indeed part Avian and that he hates that race in a whole.
  • Believe it or not, Ezra has a terrible phobia for creatures with tentacles, and unkept surroundings, germophobic really.
  • Hate people knowing or referring him to his Avian surname, Strix, as he greatly loathes his half Avian roots-- When others compare the similarities between him and his twin brother, who he hates more then any other living creature on land or the sea.

• this'll certainly be handy

Name:: Secret Of Rings, goes by 'Jewel' for short
    Species:: Finders Keepers Rune
    Traveling companion: Ezra 'Strix' Nehemiah
    Image:: Image

Magic:: Jewel is a very simple Rune when it comes to magic, but when taking other attributes into account-- She somewhat has this sixth sense which allows her to know on a dime that someone has something valuable on them. Or at least something she'd want. Which plays hand-in-hand with her sly paws, able to sneak around unnoticed and carry away her award. For a Rune bonded to a Naval Captain, she's a little thief.

Personality:: Jewel is spry and energetic, loves to climb and explore while on the hunt for valuables or objects to add to her little hoard. Inquisitive little bugger, too, she is often prone to not just stick to her owner but hitch rides on all the crew members. Being so small, she can easily go unnoticed, as she closely observes and feeds her curiosity of the person she's clinging to.

Let me tell you now, never underestimate her. She is smart and learns quick, she has to with her little collecting hobby, and she knows how to act. Pulling out the cute, innocent card by the chance she's been caught in the act, or maybe even going into tiny sobs until she is for certain she is off the hook. With or without her prize, if its the latter, expect her to return because once she has her eyes set on a treasure, she will never stop until she has it.

• Considering her very tiny size, she likes to ride and hideaway in Ezra's hat; so sometimes you may see her eyes peeking over whenever he's talking, just to see who it is
  • She has a bad habit of "borrowing" rings, earrings, or other valuables to add to her little hoard, so if you're missing one, then it may be the little Rune sneaking it and hiding it away for her own collection.
Last edited by Scar on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Goblin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Name:: Celeste Schiffer
    Homeport:: Silverport
    Serving as:: Second Lieutenant

Appearance:: Celeste is a bit taller than average, standing in at 5' 8". She lets her long, dirty blonde hair fall past her shoulders and almost always refuses to put it up. Her eyes are ocean blue but have a strange violet tint to them, and is oddly pale for how long she has spent at sea. She is of a more lanky build, and is never seen without her beloved brown fedora. Normally she wears a light jacket and causal riding boots but only changes from this if there is a formal meeting or event. When at sea she always keeps a calvary style saber at her side in case anything were to happen.

Past Experience:: Celeste was the only child of a navy officer, who worked as the first lieutenant of a ship that was charged with the protection of Silverport. She looked up to him as well as all the other sailors, and loved the rare occasion when she was allowed to go with them. Her mother wasn't fond of the idea of her becoming a sailor like her father, so she kept Celeste away from the docks and shore as much as possible. Most, if not all of her schooling was focused on being a 'proper lady.' She despised most of her lessons that varried from politics to learning how to waltz. There were a few lessons , however, that she did enjoy, like history and literature. Her father had insisted that she learned fencing, for self defence, though her mother still was not fond of that either.

When she was 14 years old odd things started happening to sailors out at sea, from dissaperances to storms seemingly coming from nowhere. Eventually her father's ship, as well as a few other navy ships, were called out to investigate these reports. None of them were ever seen again, lost or sunk during another strange storm. After almost a year with no signs of the ships or people aboard them, and the odd events suddenly gone as fast as they had came, her mother remarried and moved inland to Alabaster. Celeste had refused to go with her and became the apprentice of one of her fathers old friends, who was now a captian of his own ship.

After her apprenticeship was finished she applied for the navy, who happily accepted her. She carried on with her naval career and began gaining rank until, at 21, she was named captian of her own ship, The Kraken. Celeste continued to sail for the next three years mainly pratroling her asigned trade routes, helping fishing, and merchant ships in disstress. Once this forced her into a battle with one of the seekers best ships and crew, but after out maneuvering the larger ship and later boarding action, her crew had won and seized the ship. Some seekers respect her for simply being capable of doing such a thing, but the majority hate her for it, and aren't afraid to show it.

Personality:: Celeste tends to be optimistic and positive even in the worst situations. She is a very curious person, and can become nosy at times. This can become a problem since she won't let go of a topic until she feels she has found a good amount of information on that topic. (I'll add more to this in the next day or two)

Magic:: She has an extremely strong bond with Brizo, her dire wolf, who was given to her as a pup when she became a full fledged member of the navy. Through years of working together they have become inseparable and Celeste has slowly gained hightened senses including hearing, sight, and smell. However, her bond with Aeolus is strained, originally he had just nested in the sails rigging, but they had soon struck up a friendship. After awhile they had bonded, but they are still getting used to eachother.

Quirks:: - Celeste loves riddles, and sometimes speaks crypticlly just to bug people, good naturedly, of course.
    - She can become so caught up in what she's reading she won't notice what's going on around her.
    -

Bonded:: Brizo and Aeolus
    Companions:: none (yet, maybe she'll make another friend later)

Name:: Brizo
      Species:: Dire wolf
      Traveling companion: Celeste

Magic:: Brizo has very keen senses, even for a dire wolf.

Personality:: She's very caring of other creatures and gets along with everyone and anyone unless they give her a reason not to.

Quirks:: When she needs to be she can be calm and collected, but the rest of the time she is extremely hyper and loves running alround the upper decks and up and down the stairs.

Name:: Aeolus
      Species:: Rune Dragon
      Traveling companion: Celeste

Magic:: Aeolus has a very good understanding of weather, expecialy at sea, and has saved a great amount of time by helping with utilizing the wind patterns and water currents.

Personality:: He tends to keep to himself and is oftenly found perching on Celeste's shoulder or up in the rigging of the sails.

Quirks:: - Aeolus hates getting wet, so he finds shelter in the lower decks whenever it rains or the seas get rough.
      - He is terrified of thunder, and will cuddle up to almost anyone when it's storming.

• (i'm currently remaking this so yeah it'll be a mess for a bit)
  • (if you see something spelled wrong please tell me so i can fix it)
  • (that is all for now, thank you)
Last edited by Goblin on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Goblin

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Eeep! We got some great characters here! ^^ Can't wait to see Ezra finished up, Scar, and Celeste looks good Rayy! Only thing is I forgot to add in a place for the characters' race on the form (trying to keep so many things straight in my head, I forgot about that XP). Anyway, it'd be great if you could just add that in there real quick, Rayy_Kitsune. ^^

So excited to see all the Navy characters coming aboard - now we just need some pirates. XD
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Joel 'Nehemiah' Strix

Postby Scar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Name:: Joel 'Nehemiah' Strix
    Race:: Avian Halfborn
    Homeport:: Silverport
    Serving as::
    He considers himself a pirate-of-all-trades, sorta,
    he kind of comically wings some things he does,
    but he specifically favors and enjoys navigating.

Loyalty:: Pirate

Appearance:: Very much like his twin brother, Joel is slender in physique and tall, but stands just an inch taller at 6 foot, 9 inches, and like his brother, don't judge by appearances. Joel actually harnesses some of the rage of his "demonic" side as to make him a formidable foe in assets of strength and stamina. Though in most cases, Joel just taunts and flees like a little devil, but if you push him just the right(wrong?) way, he will face you like a man and give his two cents. And no doubt he won't be the one leaving with numerous scratches and bruises.
    Hair is a sable brown, almost black, color, but he doesn't care much for personal appearance and not particular a pro in hygiene, so you'll often see his hairstyle as long and messy, perhaps a few beads here, a feather there, and a single, long braid on the left side of his face. Eyes are identical in color but not placement; his right eye is the chilling, icy blue and his left eye is the tannish brown. Has a single, silver earring in his left earlobe.
    Has a single scar chipped on the right side of his chiseled jawline, it often sticks out like a sore thumb as he doesn't keep a clean-shaven face, preferring a nice layer of facial hair, so it's the only spot that doesn't grow any hair. Blessed with sun-kissed tan and ruggedly rough skin from many days of sea air, Joel takes pride in the time spent out on the ocean. His hard work shows in his dirty fingernails and calloused palms that have their share of tiny scars. Unlike his brother's flamingo-like balance, Joel's balance is borderline average, moreover, he's just a huge klutz.

Past Experience:: Sharing a similar tale to his older brother, Joel was actually a sickly child, no matter how much he ate he seemed to never grow or gain. Shy and timid, the simplest of noises would startle him to the point of tears, in a sense, he was afraid of everything. Running and hiding, even in later years he exhibits an attitude of fear, a fear that someone or something is always watching him. Waiting to deliver its critical blow.
    Ezra, being the older, always tried his best to make his little brother feel safe and kept feed, but that was a lot of work and responsibility on one so young.

Unlike his brother, Joel seemed blind to the disgust and hate folk often showed them; it never matter if they treated him poorly, he'd always smile and wave at all he passed when walking the streets of Silverport. And even when he aged exactly the same time as the other, Joel never seemed to change in manners of the mind. Seeing the glass as half full through the eyes of a child, and that this prejudice wasn't a real thing.
    To put it bluntly, he never grew up and matured. This partially due to the fact he suffered a mentally disorder that put him in the state of mind of a child in spite of how he looked physically. And to present day, he still shows signs of this but not nearly as severely as before.

What seemed to knock him down from his fluffy, happy perch in the clouds and onto the cruel ground of reality, was the fight he had with his brother. It had been such a scarring experience in Joel's life that it has left him mildly unstable, though most would just say he was crazy. Mentally insane, and perhaps he was a little, but would you believe it if I told you that Joel was just wiser and very observant? That there was a reason behind every single action he took, every response, every word-- it was all carefully thought out, even when sometimes he appeared to be flying by the seat of his pants?

Joel still feels guilt for that day so long ago, having a conflicting battle between hating his brother and wishing for forgiveness. He missed and worried about Ezra, and yet, hated him so much for what he had become. For letting the world around them change him to the point of denying half of his being. Never can he decide what he would do if they ever crossed paths, whether he'd hug him or another fight would continue off from their last.
    Seeing as Joel decided to remain in Silverport since that day, he hasn't seen or heard from his brother since then; does he think and wonder how the other is doing, more often then he'd admit to.

From there, he lived a loner life, for a very short while. Not being as nearly as shy as he was when he was a child, Joel pretty much waltzed his future onto a pirate ship. While he calls Silverport his rooted home, he wanted to leave for awhile and explore. Didn't matter where, just somewhere. And for many years, his life was devoted to piracy and the heavens above, gradually climbing the rank ladder to navigator where he happily sits in contention.
    It was around his twentieth year that he happened upon Dolly, her taking a quick fancy to him but merely to snatch off one of the buttons on his shirt. Sly little serval, Joel was able to catch her, but not to retrieve what she stole as that act of hers seemed to spark something within Joel, to the point of adopting her. He let her keep the button, by the way, as an act of friendship.

Sooner then not, they eventually acquired a bond, as shaky and unpredictable it was, but you couldn't pry her away from him even with a hefty bribe. She may be a little thief swooned by treasure, but she was undoubtedly loyal to Joel. It probably helped that Joel saved her life numerous times, which no doubt strengthen the tie between them to the point of being inseparable.
    Aside from that, there just isn't enough time to list off all his adventures, but you can guarantee that the adventure that awaited him would most likely be the one he cherished and retold often. If not exaggerate the details to make it more exciting.

Personality:: More of a clown than he should be, Joel is easygoing and sociable, perhaps even too boisterous for most peoples taste-- he never knows when to shut up or he chooses not to, personally not caring what others think of him. He's spontaneous and daring, often finding amusement and thrill in risk and the adrenaline-filled excitement of the heat of battle. Though, he's more of a taunter and has a big mouth in which his foot has been in countless times. He'll puff himself up and mock, but when it really comes down to the singing of swords, expect him to flee, but it not completely out of cowardice. It is just his unique battle style, he's the distractor and he's really good at it, even taking pride in it. However, don't take him the comedic fool, Joel is very clever and is known to use the many name-given items around him as leverage.

Joel can be, a tad overly dramatic with sweeping hand gestures, intense facial expression, and a closet full of different voices he can pull off. A natural-born storyteller you can say. This, however, makes him an exceptionally good liar, but rest assured, he rarely resorts to such as he sees it only causes more harm than good. Unless he feels it is mandatory of course. Is a bit of a spit-fire, he isn't ashamed to be vocal about anything that is on his mind, even if said thing is something you really didn't need to know.

All goofiness aside, Joel can be very kind-hearted and considerate, he never complains and makes peace with both the world and his past mistakes. No point living on them as that would get you no where; forgive and forget, is what he'd respond with when someone asks how he could be so happy and not frustrated with those around him.
    This doesn't exclude him from feeling grief or regret, if anything, he's more acceptable to it.

All and all, Joel is just very random. Unpredictable, you never know what he'll do or what will come flying out of his mouth. It could be incoherent gibberish for all he cared. Is excitable and very hyper, and a heads-up, he doesn't believe in 'personal space' so prepare to have him in your face or tackling you in a hug. He is a very loving fellow, he loves to show affection and if you don't like it, tough. He couldn't give a flipping wet noddle about it, he'll still hug you even if you explicitly told him not to.
    Loving and bubbly, comedic jokester, dramatic storyteller-- what more could you ask for in entertainment?

Bonds:: Among The Dolphins, it's coming along decently
    Companion(s):: none, currently

Magic:: The confliction of his mixed blood makes it very strained and most of the time not a reliable source, but with the aid and close proximity presence of his little Serval, his sense of hearing is enhanced. Though as said, it's very shaky and doesn't work all the time.

• Joel likes to give names to inanimate objects when using them as examples; though, even after that, he often still calls that object by the name given to it. "This is Tim the cannon and Agatha the cannonball; they're secretly hopeless lovers~"
  • He prefers to go by 'Strix' and isn't ashamed of his Avian half nor the fact he's some 'demon bird', but he does dislike it when people refer him to his Human surname.
  • Joel considers himself a vast collector of decorative thimbles, in which he has given a name for all; just a heads up, he's very possessive of them so it's best you don't touch them, let alone look at them unless given his permission
  • Has this unnatural and unexplained hatred for ropes; you'll noticed whenever he has to go near or do anything involving some form of rope, he'll glare at them-- he always assumes they are out to get him.

• I know you're read this, Sir Silver~ <w<

Name:: Among The Dolphins, goes my 'Dolly'
    Species:: Dolphin Sea Serval
    Traveling companion: Joel 'Nehemiah' Strix

Magic:: She may be small in size, but that doesn't belittle any of the traits and quirks her species holds. Having been by Joel's side for almost a decade, she has come to familiarize herself with the different chemicals that make up scents in some metals. Some, she's still makes mistakes and is practicing hard on developing it.

Personality:: Dolly is mischievous, cunning, and just this playfully bouncing ball of pink fur. Very easily distracted by shiny things, this can even include a candlelight, which she no doubt has burned herself more then once. Never learned the first time, or any time after that. With all that aside, Dolly can be a little menacing furball of hissing grumpiness especially when tired, hungry, or someone other then Joel messes with her hoard. Possessive, yes, very much so-so if you don't want claw marks on your arms, best keep a distance away that she is comfortable with.

She can be kind of lazy at times, and at those times, best just leave her be for she'll ignore you till you're blue in the face. Independent and loyal, as expected of her species, Dolly can be a bit bull-headed. Either when being told what to do when she doesn't want to, or her mind is set on a goal, and she doesn't want to be distracted.
    Is very vocal, very. So if you hear a sing-song like noise at midnight, it is most likely her up high in the crow nest.

• She likes to perch herself on Joel's shoulder, sometimes even cuddling up in his ragged, two-toned scarf
Last edited by Scar on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Gonna let everyone know what's up, 'cause things are gonna get a bit hectic for me the next few days. I'm going away on vacation this Friday for a week, and will have somewhat limited Internet access. Poor planning on my part, but poor planning skills seem to run in my family. I'll be out most of the day having fun (i.e. sleeping in until five o'clock and then going out to dinner XP), but I'll still be able to check in and answer questions and read over the awesome forms.

So for everyone still working on their forms - no worries. You got like over a week to finish 'em. ^^ For the rest of us who are impatiently waiting to start... well, we'll have to wait. XP Honestly, I wouldn't mind starting later next week, but I just want to keep everyone abreast of what's happening on my end, and let those working on forms know that they've got plenty of time to finish them up. I'm not gonna try to push it and get this up and running in the next week (unless you guys threaten mutiny if I don't XD).
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby cjr09 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 am

Name:: Lyric Crow

Gender:: Predominantely male, but he thinks the gender binary is pretty ridiculous, and while he's genderfluid, he uses male pronouns to save people the trouble.

Homeport:: Typically, whereever it best he comes from that day. He's always been a wanderer and prone to lying- at this point, he doesn't know himself, if he ever truly did.

Serving as:: While he's served about every position there is, his best and most suited position is the Sailing Master, for his uncanny sense of direction and ability to see without the use of his eyes. Whether he'll share his knowledge with the rest of the crew is another story.

Loyalty:: While his loyalty will only ever truly belong to one person, in the event of a scuffle he'd probably side with the pirates, unless their philosophy went wildly against his own.

Appearance::

While he never grew out of the lankiness of his youth, he rather grew into it- while he still only stands at 5 feet tall (4'11 if he's being honest) his body type fits his stature- lean and lithe, his power lies in speed and flexibility- something born of his time in the circus and his status as a Seeker.

His hair is very dark- pitch black, only taking on a slightly bronze tinge in the sun, and he usually keeps it hacked short so it keeps out of his eyes, but if he grows it out too much it starts to curl on its own. He keeps a longer braid to the right side of his head; he won't tell anyone why or what it signifies, changing the story every time. His eyes are a dull green- they'd be brighter, surely, if they functioned at all. He was born totally blind, but contrary to that he's perfectly aware of everything that's going on around him- down to the positions of the moon and stars that day, though what he vaguely explains as 'they feel different in the sky'.

He's decently tan- partially from his time at sea and partially because he was born with the tone- and it's riddled with scars and tattoos. His most prominent scar is across the bridge of his nose- a sword swipe he hadn't been quite quick enough to dodge fully- and while he has a multitude of smaller tattoos, the only ones people see is the guild-mark on his right forearm; a dark contrast to his skin, it's similar to a tribal tattoo sleeve, a circle of dark waves around his wrist and just below his elbow, framing a dark, sharp 'V' shape. He doesn't say what it means or why it's there, just that it's his guild mark. The second tattoo people might see is his twisting celtic knot line, starting at the base of his skull and tracing his spine all the way down to the base of his tailbone- really only people see it on the back of his neck, and he's just as secretive about this one as his arm tattoo.

More image links here;;

Lyric's a street rat, born and bred- he remembers nothing of his parents, abandoned at his birth. He was probably passed around from orphanage to orphanage, wandering before he could walk, but once he could he started traveling on his own from a very young age- someone probably just took their eyes off of him a second too long and he just never went back.

It matters little to him, because he can't remember anything before meeting his sister, friend and Captain, Tetra. Theirs was a relationship built upon the mutual desire to survive- to keep the other alive, because that's how the first survived. They couldn't understand each other, at first, (hers sounds odd, to his ears- harsh sounding, though not harsh in her tone- like winter, while his is light and airy, rising and falling with the pitch of the words, like music and the wind) and while they may have picked up bits and pieces of each other's language they settled on simply making their own.

(It's animalistic and simple, but what else could it be? There was nothing else to mimic or watch in the endless white that was before them, and while they were far from simple people their words were- pack and hunt and follow. While they don't speak it often, the language of growls and whistles and birdsong is their immediate fallback in a crowded room.)

Eventually throughout their travels, Lyric met a Lockett Serval Kitten, and their bond was almost instantaneous. As Keeper- the name of the little Serval, he'd learned- grew, she remained young; a pygmy, maybe mimicking his childish nature, maybe of her own volition, but it became apparent that they were an unstoppable thieving team.

And when their wandering took them to the sea, Tetra took to it with the ease and eagerness of someone who'd found what they're made to do, and while Lyric had a bit of a tougher time of it than she, they weren't willing to split themselves apart just yet- the sea and sky need the other to use their full force and they are no different.

Because they can never do anything halfway, Tetra managed to grab herself a ship- by grab they mean forcibly steal from the Navy- who was immediately re-christened the Morningswan, and they start traveling in earnest- across sea and sky and land, claiming a foothold in the world for themselves.

(It was during this time that Tetra managed to forge a bond with her Dire Wolf, Fenrir, and they spent a solid month travelling around specifically so they could flip off everyone who'd told her a halfborn couldn't bond and wouldn't amount to anything.)

Then Lyric went and joined the Watch Crows- accidentally, mind you- and, through the power of (highly illegal) blood bonds, is bonded to his crow, Vasco; and he's a great spy, both for the Crows and Tetra- a Seeker, a pirate, an assassin, a diplomat- an invaluable resource, should he choose to share his skills, and during a mission to kill an Avian leader, managed to bond himself to a Moonblooming Crow Griffin by the name of Trinkets; and upon returning, decided he liked the species and started specializing in the raising and care of them; training them for patrols and companionship, as well as his personal favorite, racing.

He drifts from job to job, a jack of all trades- he even did a brief stint with the Navy, two and a half years, even climbed the ranks to Lieutenant, but their Dires grated on Keeper's nerves so they got themselves honorably discharged then went straight back to piracy, because that was their home turf, and he'd had enough of rules and regulations; plus, he missed his Griffins and his brothers and sisters.

Personality:: Lyric fits the container he's given- he can change on a dime, but he likes to think the person he truly is is fairly friendly, if a bit crude at times. He is usually cheerful and upbeat, always ready to talk and brighten someone's day; but can turn into something vicious at a moment's notice. His dual nature serves him well as a mercenary; able to do anything and everything required of him, to take any face or identity he needs to get the job done.

Bonds:: Keeper, a Pygmy Lockett Sea Serval; Trinkets, a Moonbloombing Crow Griffin (Not brought with him onto the Ascendance); and Vasco, a blood-bonded crow.

Companion(s):: N/A;; While he has companions, they did not accompany him on the Ascendance.

Magic:: From Keeper, he gained a Seeker's agility and slightly enhanced hearing, though he's worked long and hard to sharpen these skills, and through his bond to Vasco, he can sometimes use his crow's eyes- see images, people, colors; things he's always been unable to do.

Quirks:: He's typically very friendly, willing to work with people and makes friends and alliances easily and swiftly. He loves stories, even though he can't read, so he usually tries to finagle other sailors into recounting stories for him. He's got a knack for music and instruments, and is usually at least humming some kind of tune.

• TBA;;

Name:: Keeper

Species:: Lockett Sea Serval

Traveling companion: Lyric Crow

Magic:: Agility and speed, sharp hearing and good climbing skills, being better than you. Nothing different from most Servals.

Personality:: A Serval through and through, Keeper has very little patience for her bonded's childish nature, very tightly wound and constantly on the lookout. She's not an easy one to startle, though through either her own mischief or that trickling in of her bonded, she's more likely to startle you. She's not much of a talker, a stark contrast to Lyric, but she cares very deeply for him, considering they've been together for over a decade. She only really gets along with Vasco because they agree Lyric's an idiot to be protected at all costs.

Quirks:: Not overly fond of being petted, or most people or creatures in general, Keeper keeps to herself and the small, breadbox-sized treasure chest that seems to hold all of Lyric's meager belongings- the key to such is in Keeper's care, around her neck.

Name:: Vasco

Species:: Crow

Traveling companion: Lyric Crow

Magic:: Blood-bonded to Lyric (highly illegally so, he might add) he serves as Lyric's eyes- he can allow his blind friend his sight, letting him see where people and things are- like the stars in the sky for navigating, lending Lyric his uncanny sense of direction to help him direct the ship. A talkative bird, he chats to the seagulls and other aquatic birds, letting Lyric in on the latest weather news and ship drama they pass around.

Personality:: A curious soul, Vasco takes heavily after Lyric and Keeper- playful, and happy to be around people for both food and neck scratches, but constantly watching, gathering information and tidbits of conversations; the crow thrives off of gossip, and has found that seagulls are amazing at that very thing. He's got a knack for weather and flying air currents, and even when he can land he prefers to stay in the air, feeling more at home with his wings working than not.

Quirks:: He's like a magpie in the sense that anything shiny catches his eye, and he's constantly nicking the tiny shinies he loves to collect- occasionally he'll share them with Lyric (How he got so many earrings and subsequent piercings) but mostly he just uses them to pretty up his nest or the crew's quarters.
cjr09

Next

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions