As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Should I keep pushing the Plot along, Or allow more time for players to bond/get to know each other.

Keep Going, don't wait for the people to post. (More rapid Plot movement, less posts between)
25%
Keep Going, but allow users some time to post between each plot post(like I'm already doing)
75%
Pause plot, allow users to interact more (completely halt plot push)
No votes
Stall Plot, allow users to interact for a longer time (slow plot movement more)
No votes
I don't like the plot, change its course completely (Plot overhaul)
No votes
I like cheese :D (mmm cheezey)
No votes
Cheese covered cake? (Yes..no....maybe...)
No votes
The Cake is a Lie (NO ITS NOT!)
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Postby revenant » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:58 am

Username: Kaidan Alenko
Character Name: Mei Bowyer
Race: Human
Homeland: Alabaster City
Personality: Very military-minded, Mei fits in perfectly with the noble Dragoon Knights. She is honorable to the last and considers it her duty to uphold the law to the best of her ability. She does not consort with law-breakers or those who would cause chaos among the city she is sworn to protect. She is expert at wearing a professional face, one that masks any personal biases she may have. Those who know her out-of-uniform- which is a very small number- are often surprised by just how normal she can be. She highly values order and neatness.
History: Born to two Dragoon Knights, Mei was conditioned from an early age to take part in the drake trials and win herself a mount and a place among the Dragoons. Eager to please her parents and filled with excitement at the thought of a drake to call her own, she dutifully trained and studied, and when the time came, she preformed well in her drake trial and earned the wings of a dragoon. Since then, she has loyally served her city alongside her drake and her fellow dragoons.
Appearance: Mei has close-cropped black hair and pale skin. She has a very orderly appearance, not a hair out of place, always conforming to uniform regulations. She is tall and strong, though her gender prevents her from becoming a hulking, ox-like warrior like some men. She wears dragoon armor, heavy plate with white-and-gold fabric. [x] At formal events, she wears her dress uniform, also white and gold.
Companions: None. She will occasionally be accompanied by one of the Knights' messenger birds.
Bonded creatures: Teovanth, her rune drake.

Name: Teovanth
Species: Rune drake
Personality: Teovanth is as well-trained as a rune drake can be, and would fight or die for her Dragoon.
Appearance: Image
Teovanth is massive, even by rune drake standards. She is a fine mount for a dragoon, strong and able to carry a rider extraordinarily long distances.
History: In character history.

Sorry if this is short, I didn't really have the patience to re-do all that after it got deleted.
revenant

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:32 am

Whoa thats a lot of forms completed lol, didnt notice it until i went to get the quick links made on the main RP page lol. Anyway, I'll be posting probably sometime Sat/tomorrow to kick off the RP.

Id like to see some basic how your characters met their bonds from the creatures viewpoint. Such as this for an example(using Teovanth for an example since its a dragoon bond)

"I stare down upon this would be dragoon, my eyes narrowed teeth prepared to sink into their frail fleash. How dare they feel that they can bond with such a creature as I! The longer the human stood there strong and determined, the more my anger subsided, perhaps this human was indeed worth my time. "

For those who are having trouble with their bonds history. I don't like seeing histories for the bonds stating "in characters history" as i want to know how that bonded feels of their bondee, not just how the bondee feels/saw it? if that's understandable. This allows for more character depth and insight into who they are, and, who their bonds/companions are.

its not required, just an idea.

Anyway, let the games begin! (on Saturday lol)
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby Scar » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm sorry I haven't finished my character sheet yet, some things came up and I've been having a hard time managing with it. But nonetheless, I shall try and get it finished.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:16 pm

There is no major rush, characters can be incomplete when they enter the story, as long as the basics are finished(name/age/appearance/some personality and bonds/companions. History is NOT manditory, but a good way to get to know a character better), but i expect them to be complete about a week after that users first post with that character.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby revenant » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:00 pm

So, is the main thread open for posting? Also, is the day the characters arrive the same day of the gala, or is it later in rp time?
revenant

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Kaidan Alenko wrote:
So, is the main thread open for posting? Also, is the day the characters arrive the same day of the gala, or is it later in rp time?

characters can arrive at all different times, but all converge on the gala on the same day. To be clear, my first post is a day before the gala actually is to happen. So thats a good spot to start off.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby Mathcat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 pm

(Two Vals is one Val too many.)
Last edited by Mathcat on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby Scar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:23 pm

As much as I don't want to, I'm going to have to resign before even getting into it.
I just don't have the time for it at the moment. =(

Which stinks as I was really looking forward to this. Sorry for any inconveniences.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Tundra » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:25 am

Scar wrote:
As much as I don't want to, I'm going to have to resign before even getting into it.

Which stinks as I was really looking forward to this. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Sorry to see ya have to drop out, but know your always welcome to join in at a later point. This RP definitely will have multiple plot points where anyone can join at any point.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait another day before I post my post again. Any person who wish to post before that id suggest you get it done.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby SkieNight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Tundra wrote:
Scar wrote:

Sorry to see ya have to drop out, but know your always welcome to join in at a later point. This RP definitely will have multiple plot points where anyone can join at any point.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait another day before I post my post again. Any person who wish to post before that id suggest you get it done.

Sorry to see ya go Scar. Hopefully you'll have more time later and can hop back in.

On another note, I was going to wait for more people to post before responding, as my Character is just walking under the gate and all that jazz, but I might do that tonight, or later tomorrow. I am still alive it's just the first week of school, sorry about that.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions