As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Should I keep pushing the Plot along, Or allow more time for players to bond/get to know each other.

Keep Going, don't wait for the people to post. (More rapid Plot movement, less posts between)
25%
Keep Going, but allow users some time to post between each plot post(like I'm already doing)
75%
Pause plot, allow users to interact more (completely halt plot push)
No votes
Stall Plot, allow users to interact for a longer time (slow plot movement more)
No votes
I don't like the plot, change its course completely (Plot overhaul)
No votes
I like cheese :D (mmm cheezey)
No votes
Cheese covered cake? (Yes..no....maybe...)
No votes
The Cake is a Lie (NO ITS NOT!)
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Postby Prince Mal » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:00 am

Username: Prince Mal

Character Name: Aimo of House Halcyonidae

Race: Avian

Homeland: Alabaster City

Personality: Aimo is a big coward, sometimes even skittish, and will likely keep his distance from even his closest friend. He doesn't have a very good education, and it can show if he is invited into a conversation about literature or politics. Despite this, if a colleague is feeling down, he will be one of the first to try and pick them up again, and he definitely has, and appreciates, a good sense of humor.

History: Aimo was born the younger of two Avian children. As a child, he wanted nothing more than to travel, but his parents were very adamant for him to stay in Alabaster City, since they were more afraid of the other races than proud of their own. While he was constantly having his dreams of travel crushed, his older sister, Aamu, teased him, not knowing what exactly was happening with her brother, but quickly became the one person he could trust. Aimo grew into a coward, depending mostly on Aamu and avoiding his parents at all costs. After his sister became independent, he lost the smallest comfort he had, so at the young age of 15 he left his home and went to find adventure, regardless of what his family would think. This is his first time home in almost nine years.

Appearance: Aimo is about average height for an Avian (about 6'4'' or a little shorter than 2 meters). He has hazel eyes and slightly messy light brown hair, which is usually around his shoulders. On special occasions (a Gala perhaps) he will keep his hair tied up. His feathers are mostly light brown, but some have flecks of darker brown or black, and they are always very neat. He is most commonly seen wearing a plain cotton shirt and breeches.

Companions:
Name: Kita
Species: Rune Dragon
Personality: Kita is comparable to a dog, at least to Aimo, you feed her once and she won't leave you alone. Ever. She is very perky and loves people.
Appearance:

History: This strange duo met in Silverport City when Aimo was only 16. The young Avian decided to be kind and give her a bit of food, and that was enough for them to become traveling buddies for life. Aimo will not acknowledge Kita. He did not name her, he didn't feed her, and he for sure knows that she's only following him because she wants to annoy him.

Bonded creatures:

Name: Emelyn
Species:Griffin
Personality: Emelyn is very calm and caring, but she has a pretty sharp bite if you try to come between her and something or someone she wants to help (something Aimo learned the hard way). She doesn't listen to Aimo that well yet, because he doesn't have enough badges to train her they created a bond very recently.
Appearance:
History: Emelyn met Aimo in the Southern Kingdom of Fauldrin's Reach where they both stopped a thief from making off with a young Sleipnir. Emelyn thought Aimo was an accomplice and bit him on the hand. It scared the thief off though, so all's well that end's well. After a few apologies Emelyn realized that Aimo wouldn't hurt anything, he was just scary looking.

Woohoo! Got it done before school started! (By like... 10 hours? btw good luck at school everybody who has it) And I'm sorry I don't have a picture to go with the description. My computer does computer things that annoy people and long story short, I wrote this from a WiiU.
Last edited by Prince Mal on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Mal

Postby SkieNight » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:22 am

Username: SkieNight
Character Name: Ebony Sigal Tinang
Race: Elvian Half-blood
Homeland: Northern Kingdom
Personality: Ebony is a quiet and very observant person. She’s the kind of person that can easily be over looked in a room or a crowd; in truth, she is rather unassuming and is very good at not drawing attention to herself. She hates to be the center of attention or in any sort of limelight. The girl always seems to have a bubble of fear or anxiety around her - even if it's no obvious at first. It's as though she is worried that people will look at her and see her for what she is, something that doesn’t belong outside of the woods. When she is forced to speak, however, she isn't a stutterer; she keeps things short and to the point, after all she hates it when other people go off on tangents so why would she?

Due to her habit of short words and her quiet and stand-offish disposition Ebony comes off as rather cold and untrusting, which she is in a sense. She isn't cold in terms of unfeeling, in fact she quite empathetic due to her observation skills, she picks up on what people are feeling quite easily, though unless she is close she won't act upon it. When it comes to her being called untrusting that is just how she is. Ebony knows that nothing is free in this world and is always on the look out for a loop hole or to make sure that she can duck out of the way of debts, be them physical or even just mental.

However once she finds someone or a group that she can reply on she is incredibly trusting, or at least trusts them with as much information as she believes it is possible for them to carry. She fears being a burden to the people she cares for. The girl also is a dedicated worker, and is quite dependable. She’ll push herself to her limit in order to help others. She’s very weary, but that is due the the fact that she is quite observant and can pick up on small things, thus she is always on the look out for those things. She loves to travel, and has a particular thing for seeing new places. Also, the girl is no longer sensitive; she is use to people whispering behind her back and thus thinks nothing of it. She can be a bit too secretive for some people’s likings though, and because of that there is often a wall between her and the other person.

History: Ebony was born to a Mystic mother. The only reason she never ended up tucked away in the Elvian forests was due to the fact that by the time her mother realized she was pregnant, it was too late. Besides, as Ebony was told many times growing up, her mother felt that it was cruel to give her child away to a people that would only later lock the poor kid up. So Ebony was born into the world of the Mystics, never staying in one place too long and going from place to place with only wagons to call her home. While Ebony's mother meant well in keeping her with the Mystics, the girl never really felt as though she fit in, she wasn't sure which ancient she connected to more: Seraphina the leader of her mother's people or Mythandian the Ancient of Life that she was some how connected to. Part of the girl always wanted to know about her father's side, but she knew the consequences if she ever was to go seek out the Elvians.

Despite her mother's best efforts, Ebony had to hide what she was, even from the other Mystics. And when she was an teenager and her mother past Ebony felt like she lost her one connection to the Mystic people. She continued to travel with them for a year or so before breaking off and heading out of her own. Very quickly, the girl learned that hiding one of her eyes was necessary, especially after nearly loosing her right eye. Ebony continued to travel around, she could never seem to get herself to settle in one city or town, and picked up odd jobs along the way, making her a sort-of jack of all trades master of none. The only times she ever reviled her purple eye was the cover up the other one and "read fortunes" for people, though she was blessed with none of Seraphina's gifts. The girl has no steady job, has no house, but she's happy, for the most part.

Appearance: xXx
Upon first glance most would not recognize the girl as a half breed, especially not half-blood Elvian. After all most Elvians tend to stay tucked off away in the forest. But she certainly is a half-blood and is certainly not in the forest. She has the heterochromia eyes to prove it. Ebony’s left eye is a dust hazel color that sometimes looks almost gold or green in the right light, her right eye is a vivid and bright violet. This comes from her mystic blood, which she tries to keep under wraps. Dark brown hair is what frames her face. It falls down her back very straightly, and ends just above her middle back. Her bangs, which she purposefully keeps shorter than the rest of her hair, hang off to the right covering her violet eye, shielding it from most of the world or at least trying to. She actually has a scar just under her right eye from a knife, a wound which never really healed properly and is now and jagged line against her slightly more tan skin. She does not have the pointed ears of an Elvian - much to her thanks - however, her skin is dotted with lights spots starting on both of her shoulder and running down along her upper back, wrapping around her neck an the very front of her chest. Because of this the girl is always seen wearing a scarf, normally a light or pale teal one. She has a more lithe build due to her excessive travels and the needs to her job, and she certainly isn’t too small standing at five feet six inches (5’6”). Ebony often wears a light shirt with her scarf and some form of cargo pants or long pants. Most normally her clothing is light, except in the winter. She always as a bag with her, and guards it with her life. Along with her bag she carries a knife that's just within reach of her left hands, yes she is left handed.
Companions: Asetin - Prong Fox || Nitor - Pygmy Rune
Bonded creatures: None

Name: Asetin (Ah-ze-tin)
Species: Prong Fox (Red Ring)
Personality: Slick, sly, trouble maker, curious, playful, actually pretty hard to read, loyal, helpful - or tries to be?
Appearance:
Asetin is a bit smaller than most prong foxes, allowing him to get into small places, or slip between feet.
History: Asetin and Ebony met completely by accident, Ebony was traveling and camping just outside of the woods, and Asatin was hungry and trying to steal food. After a bit of running around and chasing one another, the night ended with Ebony falling down from laughing so hard - something she rarely does and a big feat - and Asatin eating whatever he pleased as long as he left enough for Ebony. Since then the two have kind of stuck together, more like Asetin has followed Ebony around where ever she goes, and while they aren't bonded Ebony is pretty good at reading him. He makes a handy little scout and messenger, so she keeps him around; plus he's entertaining.

Name: Nitor (Nee-tor)
Species: Pygmy Rune Dragon (Nocturne)
Personality: Shy, quiet, obedient, stubborn, friendly & kind, very cuddly, skittish, helpful
Appearance:
Nitor has a few more glowing green spots over their body and on their head.
History: Ebony stumbled across the dragon when she was around the age of twelve. By the time all the other Mystic children were finding Runes and sometimes other creatures and bonding with them. Ebony, knowing she couldn't bond, wanted to at least find a companion to keep the other children off her back and to stop the teasing. One day, out side of a small town up in the Norther Kingdom, Ebony was walking back from the market when she stumbled across Nitor. The small Rune was injured with a cut on it's wing, and Ebony took the small thing back to be treated. While Nitor was really scared of Ebony at first, the Run warmed up to her and has hung around ever since. With the help of Nitor, Ebony both got rid of the bullies and made a new friend, a win-win.
Last edited by SkieNight on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SkieNight

Postby Tundra » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:47 am

Glad to see the interest! I'd love to see at least 2 people complete their characters before i make an intro post though, so it gives you all time to hash out your characters a bit more.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby Scar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

THIS IS A WIP; I don't have time at the moment to finish it
Hope it's alright I can post this for now. ^^;
And I'm thinking on adding one other character, maybe, still thinking about it.

[img]headshot-will-go-here[/img]

Username: Scar
Character Name: Soel Szarvas
Race: Elvian
Homeland: Silver Forest

Personality: xxx
History: xxx
Appearance: xxx
Companions: none
Bonded creatures: Chasing The Father - Elkrin

Name: Chasing The Father, often called Aki for short
Species: Elkrin /White-Tailed Stag/
Personality: Very much like his name, Aki exhibits a fatherly air with a sense of dignity and honor. Sharing in similar personalities traits of that of his bonded master, Aki is loyal and protective but at the same time, holds the aura of a wise, old stag. He won't jump into the face of danger without thinking the steps out cautiously, however, if his master is in trouble, he will not hesitant to dart into the heated fray. Casting aside all he knows for the sake of protecting Soel.
Warm-hearted and at times can be somewhat playfully, Aki while having no offspring of his own has a habit of treating young ones, humanoid or creature, as if they were his own. Sometimes he can act as worrisome as a mother doe.
Appearance: Image
History: xxx
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Mathcat » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 pm

I'll be joining, but it'll be a couple of days before I can edit this with a character sheet.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby SkieNight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 am

Quick Question, if you don't mind me asking, would if be okay if our character has some companion creatures but is not bonded, or would you prefer them all to be bonded. I only ask so I know what I can do/ can't do with the history/story for my character.

Thank you~

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 am

SkieNight wrote:
Quick Question, if you don't mind me asking, would if be okay if our character has some companion creatures but is not bonded, or would you prefer them all to be bonded. I only ask so I know what I can do/ can't do with the history/story for my character.

Thank you~

I think that's what the "Companion" slot above "Bonded Creatures" is for in the sheet. ^^
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 am

Scar wrote:
SkieNight wrote:

Thank you~

I think that's what the "Companion" slot above "Bonded Creatures" is for in the sheet. ^^

Sorry, bad phrasing on my part (probably due to the fact that I'm rather worn form chasing children around all day). Can we just have companion creatures or do we need to have a least one bonded creature? That's really what I'm asking. Sorry~

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby Tundra » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 am

SkieNight wrote:
Scar wrote:
SkieNight wrote:

Thank you~

Sorry, bad phrasing on my part (probably due to the fact that I'm rather worn form chasing children around all day). Can we just have companion creatures or do we need to have a least one bonded creature? That's really what I'm asking. Sorry~

You may have just companion creatures yes, especially if your a half blood character since that is common. If human though, almost all humans have atleast one bond from early in their life so.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby SkieNight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 am

Tundra wrote:You may have just companion creatures yes, especially if your a half blood character since that is common. If human though, almost all humans have atleast one bond from early in their life so.

I was asking for my half-blood, thank you so much that clears up some ideas.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions