As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Should I keep pushing the Plot along, Or allow more time for players to bond/get to know each other.

Keep Going, don't wait for the people to post. (More rapid Plot movement, less posts between)
25%
Keep Going, but allow users some time to post between each plot post(like I'm already doing)
75%
Pause plot, allow users to interact more (completely halt plot push)
No votes
Stall Plot, allow users to interact for a longer time (slow plot movement more)
No votes
I don't like the plot, change its course completely (Plot overhaul)
No votes
I like cheese :D (mmm cheezey)
No votes
Cheese covered cake? (Yes..no....maybe...)
No votes
The Cake is a Lie (NO ITS NOT!)
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: As It Always Seems - Another RP Discussion Thread

Postby Mathcat » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

I'm sorry. I thought I'd read through all of the other character sheets, but I never picked up on the name duplication with your character's Ancient. Well, that's definitely going to be much too confusing, given that your Val is probably going to be appearing a lot. Val's been Val for so long (on various other sites) that it's going to be hard to change his name now, so it's probably better if I try again (if time ever permits) with another character. For now, I think I'll just lurk.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby Kalo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Well, so much for a few minutes. I was interrupted again ¾.< Anyways, I finally got my post up! Sorry again for how long that took.
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby Tundra » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Mathcat wrote:I'm sorry. I thought I'd read through all of the other character sheets, but I never picked up on the name duplication with your character's Ancient. Well, that's definitely going to be much too confusing, given that your Val is probably going to be appearing a lot. Val's been Val for so long (on various other sites) that it's going to be hard to change his name now, so it's probably better if I try again (if time ever permits) with another character. For now, I think I'll just lurk.

well val wont appear for quite some time actually, i planned on him being out of play most of this RP because i want to build Kuar more before i throw a powerful force like an ancient into play. Just so you all know, i may pull ancients out of nowhere, only the ones on Eld suddenly showing up for the scene. As i have it atm, none of the CS ancients are bonded with anyone in eld yet lol.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby Tundra » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:42 am

Well my post is up lol
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby SkieNight » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:11 am

Tundra wrote:Well my post is up lol

I noticed. I'm excited to see how Kuar and Ehony get along since they are quite... Different. I'll respond later this evening as I am at a friend's house and thus in my phone.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Prince Mal » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Jeez, I've had the worst writer's block lately and this RP is probably the best cure I've found yet. lol So happy I can finally start writing properly again just when school starts to pick up, I know I'll have plenty of essays (sigh).
Prince Mal

Postby revenant » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Are we doing any sort of posting order for this rp?
revenant

Postby Tundra » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Nope, feel free to post a max of 3 times a day, the 3 times a day limit lets other keep up with the messages. But, posts can come in any order as long as there is a chance for all participants within that group to reply.

Note: I added this to the rules
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby revenant » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Alright. I'll probably start working on my next post tomorrow or tuesday.
revenant

Postby Mathcat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:12 pm

So there's no problem with having a second Val? Okay, then I'll post his form again here (rather than edit the post again where it first appeared).

Username: Mathcat
Character Name: Val Fletcher
Race: Human
Homeland: Northern Human Kingdom
Personality:
Though not particularly large or imposing, Val has no difficulty in attracting attention, thanks in part to his tendency to forget that he doesn't have to work quite so hard not to be overlooked as he did when still living with his parents.
Val is rarely shy about speaking out when something bothers him, and will even confront people considerably larger, stronger, or better-armed (which is to say armed at all, as he carries no weapon to speak of). His body language might often give the impression of someone with a very short fuse, but he's gotten much better about not snapping at people who don't deserve it.

Val is restless by nature, especially when stressed or under pressure. He paces when worried or lost in thought and has a tendency to fidget that drove his teachers to distraction. If he's sitting down and not fidgeting, then he's either making a supreme effort not to, thoroughly engrossed in what he's studying, or is feeling very relaxed. Val generally carries something around to occupy his hands - most recently strips of paper for a special paper-folding technique developed in the Oriental Isles.

Val has always been very driven and very motivated to succeed, capable of intense focus when it suits him. This extra dedication (and many late nights and study-filled weekends) is what allowed him to graduate near the top of his class despite being only an average student. Part of why he went along with his parents' plans for so long was that he welcomed the challenge of extra lessons and training.

History:
Val was born and raised in Alabaster City. His parents - merchants of some standing - had definite plans for him (for all their children, really, but as the eldest, he got the brunt of it). They pushed him into training to become a Dragoon, and at first, he had no problems with this. He'd always dreamed of flight, and the extra lessons and training were a welcome challenge for him to rise to. When he was still young enough to get nightly bedtime stories, he loved hearing stories of the brave Dragoons and imagined being borne aloft by his own rune drake - an engraved rune drake called Skybane.

As Val grew older, he realized that, as incredible as it would be to be bonded to a rune drake, he wasn't willing to risk near-certain death for the privilege. He was pragmatic enough to realize that it was best to appear to go along with his parents' wishes (and besides, it wasn't the preparation he minded, but the Drake Trials themselves) while setting up his own plans.

The day after Val's 21st birthday, he left a note for his parents and set off to Silverport - the first step in his plan to find his own way in the world. He had planned to stay there permanently, forgoing the traditional Rune Bearer occupation of traveling the world in favor of finding a job he liked, but meeting Skylar changed that. Traveling is more fun with a friend (or more-than-friend, Val has started to hope), and besides, Skylar is on good terms with a colony of griffins.

Val hadn't planned to return to Alabaster City for a few years yet, but Skylar urged him to try to reconcile with his parents now, while he still has the chance. That went about as well as could be expected - they didn't throw him out or disown him, but the overall atmosphere at home has been quite strained.

Appearance:
Shorter than average with delicate features, pale blond hair (kept short and neatly trimmed) and gray eyes, Val is often mistaken for being younger than he is, to his eternal annoyance. Being built more for speed than for strength doesn't really help matters. Val takes great care with his appearance, a habit which has less to do with vanity and more to do with spending much of his early life desperately trying to be taken seriously and not be overlooked. His clothing might be strictly neutral-colored and far from ornate, but it's always clean, in good repair, and a good fit.

Companions: N/A
Bonded creatures: Rocky (concrete gargoyle rune dragon)

Name: Rocky
Species: Concrete gargoyle rune dragon
Personality: Rocky is usually very calm and laid-back, though he has specific dislikes - small children, yappy dogs, and meddlesome sea servals, to name a few. He also dislikes spending more energy than he needs to, so it's just as well he's light enough to ride on Val's shoulder. For all the use he makes of them, his wings might as well be ornamental. However, though slow to anger, he is also slow to forgive, and quite persistent when he puts his mind to it. Once he forms an opinion, there's usually no changing it. Rocky might generally be very good-natured, but he has the patience of stone when it comes to getting revenge for an injury or slight, whether to himself or to Val.

Appearance: Image
History: Rocky had never really had any particular fondness for children - sticky-fingered brats, the lot of them, always dripping ice cream on his wings or sticking gum wads to him. This kid, though, was different - clean-fingered, quiet, and doing nothing worse than giving Rocky a careful scratch around the base of his horns. Far too serious for someone who was little more than an eggling, if Rocky's sense of human ages was correct. Rocky would have to do something about that. The kid's parents would probably try to force him to choose a stuck-up wisdom seeker, a hoity-toity diamond in the rough, or even an uncouth rune drake to bond with. Well, not if Rocky had any say in the matter. The parents protested, as expected, but Rocky had the patience of stone and eventually got his way.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

PreviousNext

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions