The Gods Are Us Discussion

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

The Gods Are Us Discussion

Postby AshenBlade » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:37 pm

The discussion for The Gods Are Us, an RP about ex gods who are now human and travel the earth.
Here we can discuss plot and where we are wanting to go. Relationships between characters that you want to form. Pretty much anything that isn't roleplaying after we begin. I also hope to at some point have a list of all the characters and their sheets.
“I had something of an important realisation that day. History does not favour those with fate on their sides. It cares not for prophecied sons and daughters. The truly influential ones are the conmen, the decievers, the scheming viziers.”
AshenBlade

Re: The Gods Are Us Discussion

Postby AshenBlade » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Characters

Athtar

Exalsis

Khojasha

Áo Què [敖雀]

I will get around to adding all the sheets once we decide to begin to Roleplay.
Last edited by AshenBlade on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I had something of an important realisation that day. History does not favour those with fate on their sides. It cares not for prophecied sons and daughters. The truly influential ones are the conmen, the decievers, the scheming viziers.”
AshenBlade

Postby Sphye » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Marking! I look forward to seeing how this roleplay turns out.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Zeve » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:06 pm

I was wondering if maybe we should/could discuss a possible plot before starting the roleplay? that way we can have sort of a direction where we want things to go
---Zeve
My Beautiful Custom Dire, Pride and Joy:
ImageArgo Navis

LUMIERE gifted to me by werew0lf made by Duzlla so precious <3
Zeve

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:38 am

Mark. ^^

I'm still a bit foggy on the plot, to be honest; I'm not entirely sure how we got thrown off our thrones and why. But I just couldn't pass up a chance of being involved in a pantheon roleplay. xP

I feel like it would be nice for the group to confront some very mundane and human problems(getting robbed, kidnapped, wounded, etc.) before working our way up to higher powers; it'd be interesting to roleplay the juxtaposition of their godlike mentalities and lifestyles with the ordinary world they've been thrust into.
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Zeve » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:40 am

I don't think a plot has been established yet just a premise and background information. But I think that it'd be cool to have them deal with more human problems first and learn about the people that supposedly worship them a little bit first but I was thinking as a larger plot would any of them be motivated in trying to revive themselves as gods and goddess'?
---Zeve
ImageArgo Navis

Zeve

Postby Sphye » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 am

AshenBlade may have something in mind for the plot already. I like the idea of exploring smaller problems that our characters may encounter before launching right into the larger story, though. Interaction with humans doesn't sound to be entirely foreign to all of the characters, but the difference between past experiences and post-godhood experiences will likely take some adjusting to. Will our characters have to work to survive? Are their followers gone now, taken in time as the more esoteric gods and goddesses were forgotten, or do some still follow the no-longer-powerful deities? What poses a threat to an immortal being?

by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby AshenBlade » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Yes. When we start we will start on the road the day after you left the last town you were in. You will have limited resources and will eventually have to find ways to find food and water. Followers of these goddesses and god still exist but there are very few. Most have founded small towns where other followers live. The locations of these towns however are unknown to most and information is very limited. They do have to deal with many of the things humans deal with. The biggest difference is they cannot die. They can however get sick and injured. Something that would have killed them will put them in a coma which can last from a day to a few months depending on what it was they would have died from. As for plot I plan on having the characters face a few challenges during their journey on the road. After that I have plans for a larger plot that will take place in another town. Ideas for the smaller challenges are appreciated.
Also how we got thrown from god status is the people tended to worship the higher gods. People who farmed in anyway often worshipped the goddess of the sun and the god of weather. Scholars worshipped the god of the moon and the goddess of time. Astronomers worshipped the god of space. These people often higher up or plentiful found no reason to keep the lower gods and goddesses. They asked their gods to help them get rid of the lower gods. The people of higher class saying that if they got rid of the lower gods their gods would receive more praise and allow them to build temples for their gods without worrying about the lower gods. The higher gods took a vote and getting rid of the lower gods won. The goddess of Time and the God of the Moon teamed together to get the goddess of death to help them stop the others. The goddess of death being the last very powerful god she however did not receive much praise. Together they tried to stop them but were not able to completely stop them. In their attempt to stop them the goddess of death was "killed" and became an orb. For their efforts though the lower gods and goddesses became human.
The god of the moon and the goddess of time are at a prisoner like status to the others and the orb is carefully watched.
I meant to just explain but I guess a very in depth backstory is better.
AshenBlade

Postby Zeve » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:38 am

Oh that's a very interesting plot i'm very much looking forward to this. Do you have an idea on when you'd like to start the RP AshenBlade?
---Zeve
ImageArgo Navis

Zeve

Postby AshenBlade » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:47 pm

I had actually been waiting for someone who had asked me a question before working on their character but I think it is about time to start. I'll work on the opening paragraph now.
AshenBlade

Next

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions