Seeking Literate/Semi-Literate Roleplays

Here you may post RP discussions for a specific thread, 1x1 role plays, or for group discussions. Chat with friends about potential RP topics or post here for your character/story organization needs.

Seeking Literate/Semi-Literate Roleplays

Postby Artex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 am

Greetings,

I am Artex. Roleplaying has been an important part of my life for roughly nine or ten years, which is why it has been so difficult to have been away from it for so long. However, as evidenced in this post, I am not looking to captain a fresh storyline of my own; I seek a group who are either paving the path to begin something new, or are looking for an additional member later on.

My favored "rung" of writing lies in literate and semi-literate, although less intense demands on material are sometimes appreciated. We can work out what is fitting in regards to available time of individual participants. I prefer roleplays of a member base that is smaller scale; perhaps a maximum of around five separate people (excluding characters), to ensure familiarity, fluidity, detail, understanding, and encouraged bonding between all associated.

The sub-genres that I generally lean toward, and hold my personal interest, are as follows...
- Human
- Humanoid
- Fantasy / High-Fantasy
- Science-Fiction
- Historical-Fiction
- Contemporary life / Present-day
- Disaster / Adventure / "Stranded"-themes
- Thriller / Mystery
- Supernatural
- Dystopian

And select fandoms (with original characters), that I am willing to enter at certain times -- heavily dependent on plotline...
- Tolkien
- Star Trek
- Harry Potter
- LOST
- The Hunger Games
- Percy Jackson
- The Maze Runner
- True Blood / the Sookie Stackhouse series
- The Vampire Chronicles (Anne Rice)
- Classic fairy tales

I have, in general, moved away from animal-based scenarios. In very rare instances, that may change.

As a note, I am located in the EST timezone, and will likely only have reliable stretches to dedicate in the evenings. That, along with other commitments and the college semester on the horizon, denote that any roleplays I begin should function on a patient, gradual, pressure-free pace (i.e. with acceptance of possible missed days, and without expectation of several posts a day (although they very well may happen)).

If you have any questions about past experience, potential plots and/or collaboration, alternate genres/fandoms, or otherwise interest or concern, please feel welcome to post here or contact this account privately.

My best,
- Artex

Last bumped by Artex on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 am.
Dif-tor heh smusma.

ImageImageImage
Artex

Return to OOC, Character Threads, and RP Discussions