Server Time information

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Server Time information

Postby Snowwall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:21 am

For this event, I've been using the footer information of "All times are UTC - 5 hours" and the page http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc-5 , which kind of says "This is the timezone, DST does not apply to it".

This means I waste-lost about 30 beads and now have to trade frantically for Foo beasts, because midnight apparently arrived an hour earlier, which is beyond annoying - I woke up earlier than intended, from a nightmare saying I overslept and missed the end of the event trade-in... and missed the event trade-in despite being there and hunting for a final few beads! :cry:

So, besides asking for my 5 Foos and an Otterlion (on the off chance :roll: ), may I request the date-time information "It is currently Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 am" to be on every page, not just the forum front page (which I visit rarely enough to have noticed the datestamp only an hour too late :( )
Snowwall

Re: Server Time information

Postby Sany » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:03 am

The news post is always clear on the end date. For this instance, when looking at the News tab, it said "August 21st, 11:59 pm, EDT" in bold. EDT is UTC in summer time I think, which accounts for the 1 hour loss.
I'm sorry you lost the tokens though.

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm

I didn't realize this until just now, but the footer that you see at the bottom of the page will change depending on your time zone board preferences. Similarly, the date and time that you see in the top left corner of the front forum page depends on the board preferences. It will not show you EST/EDT unless you have that option chosen in your account settings.

Also, if you go to the news page and scroll down to the near bottom, you'll see:

"Want to know what time it is in Eldemore?

This site runs on Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5), so content generally changes and comes out around midnight.

I know it won't help you now, but the link here will give you the correct time and date for Eastern Time, regardless if we're currently using daylight savings or not. You can use this for future events so you won't miss the token turn in time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Snowwall » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:20 am

Honestly, who reads the news all the way to the bottom (if at all) when the interesting things happen where the sleeping ligers lie and one's missed half the event already? I thought to look at the footer, but that's where my time-searching attempts have finished - and I'm afraid I won't be the only newbie to stuff up like that. Hence, the wish to have a clock in a more prominent location.

Also, considering my habit of forgetting important stuff after a month or two (I recall seeing that tea dragon when I registered, so I must've had been at that page's bottom somewhen), by the time of next event I'm rather afraid I'll be that newbie all over again :/ And your time/zone will change again, too, right? What with different timezones, hemispheres and those unfortunate "savings", I hardly know what season it is at a particular website's hometown, much less the exact hour o_O
Snowwall

Postby Sany » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Snowwall wrote:Honestly, who reads the news all the way to the bottom (if at all) when the interesting things happen where the sleeping ligers lie and one's missed half the event already? I thought to look at the footer, but that's where my time-searching attempts have finished - and I'm afraid I won't be the only newbie to stuff up like that. Hence, the wish to have a clock in a more prominent location.

Also, considering my habit of forgetting important stuff after a month or two (I recall seeing that tea dragon when I registered, so I must've had been at that page's bottom somewhen), by the time of next event I'm rather afraid I'll be that newbie all over again :/ And your time/zone will change again, too, right? What with different timezones, hemispheres and those unfortunate "savings", I hardly know what season it is at a particular website's hometown, much less the exact hour o_O

Actually, it's literally at the top of the News page, and the "News" lights up when the event starts. So honestly, I don't see how they can improve that...
You can look at the forum thread for the event as well, the first post by Benathorn should state the same (it was underscored and in red in this even's post .
I suggest to either check those places and calculate what hour that is, or set your forum time zone to Eldemore's, so you can see the time in theirtime zone ^^

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions