Pygmy Pet Inquiries

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Pygmy Pet Inquiries

Postby Time » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:18 am

It would be nice to get some opinions, ideas, answers, from the of the eld community regarding some of my questions. These I did some searching, I might have skipped over some answers.

Pygmy Bonding, how does that work for some pygmy pets? For example, rune dragon or drake eggs. There are obvious complications. For example, on the eldemore lore page, it states that it's often best to bond or attempt such with an adolescent or newly hatched rune drake. It might be taken that, the consciousness of a rune drake is difficult to connect with. Or that it's just plain not possible. Or maybe those who seemed it be bad to do so. Or maybe it would result in blah blah happening to the unhatched.

Can unhatched pets bond?

If unhatched pets could bond, how would this work and how might they bond?

How would others see those bonded with unhatched pets? Especially when pertaining the prestige of dragoons.

Why might I be asking all that? I want to stock up on some canon facts or nicely realistic headcanons so I can write some lore for one of my charcters which I may switch into a sona slot of mine!

Sorry if this is a bit to forwards into the lore, and I know there are priorities. I wish not to cause trouble where mods feel forced to answer a question where they haven't developed fully in lore and it might be too much of a bother at this time! That's why I didn't put it into site Q&A! And most of all, I want elde players that could help with ideas, and opinions and make realistic headcanons that fuel my purpose pretty well as well!

Thanks for whoever who read this needlessly long question!

Just be rambling below about a charcter idea~
I have this charcter idea, which revolves around a slightly thought as crazy man. Who somehow bonded with a rune drake, egg. I might put that he encountered Quincy as a dragoon and one thing lead to another which landed him with an eternally younge pal, and has caused quiet a development, which I might write into a fan fiction lore work, orrr... Ya know, the cliché chipper optimistic positive protagonist arctype fellow, who risks it all to do the trials. But ends up with a egg.
✁✁
Oh! Look at the time!

✃✃

Check Out My DA!!
Alwayѕ Looĸιng ғor Pygмy Cυттleғιѕн
Ι Love Randoм Тradeѕ~
☾☽
Time

Re: Pygmy Pet Inquiries

Postby Startedraining » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Eldemore doesn't have an official lore on pygmy eggs bonding, however as its said that all pets can bond, they are able to.

The relationship between your character and its bond is completely up to you, right down to how it works.

Some headcanons the staff and users have come up with are:
- Accidentally bonding to it and always waiting for it to hatch
- Bonding, expecting a hatchling but never getting it, and they're okay with it
- Giving it to a small child to give them hope for the future
et cetera.

The nature of your bond is up to you to decide ^u^
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Re: Pygmy Pet Inquiries

Postby Sphye » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:40 pm

While this isn't canon, my own headcanon on bonding with pygmy eggs is that the rune dragon/drake/griffin/cuttlefish inside develops a consciousness despite their egginess on account of being a pygmy, rather than a young egg. Once bonded to, their bond may be able to feel some of their feelings, such as when they're too cold, or too warm, or when they need to be put in a bowl of water for a little while. Strong bonds may even be able to communicate almost as well as through speaking! The egg is almost like a living pet rock, which might be popular amongst people with allergies to many of Eldemore's other creatures, or to those who can't be trusted with something like a chillawing or direwolf that they might hurt/be hurt by.

Unhatched pygmies are an interesting phenomenon to begin with, and the lore for them isn't particularly set in stone, or at least not set in writing. Whatever idea seems most plausible, most interesting, or just the most fun to you can be taken and run with! I'm sure other characters would be quite confused by the character bonded to the pygmy egg, but isn't that even more fun to think about or write?

The lore will always have holes where it would be extremely difficult to address it directly, and in cases like that, let your headcanons be the bridges across those holes!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions