How do rarity work? Guide?

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

How do rarity work? Guide?

Postby Nox » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Is there a Rarity Guide?

If not, I have a few questions:

1. How does a pet get it's rarity? Is it a program that determines how many of that outcome there is (so fewer outcomes in the site = more rare, more outcomes = less rare)? Or is a rarity set with a specific outcome?

2. Regarding trading, how do you know if it's fair? Is there a 'rule' to follow when trading?

Thank you!
Nox

Re: How do rarity work? Guide?

Postby Sphye » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Here's a link to the Rarity Guide that our admin Jendalie posted when rarities were implemented, here's a list of some of the rarest pets onsite by number, and here's the 'Is this a fair trade?' thread. ^v^

In answer to your first question, the rarity of a pet is determined by how many there are once it can no longer be adopted. Certain brackets, such as approximately between 2,600 and 3,600, determine the rarity (uncommon in that particular example)!

For your second question, similar ages and similar rarity tags tend to be fairest and most straightforward. When trading several of a more common pet for one or a few rarer ones, some users (myself included) like to calculate the worth in baubles of each pet in the trade to see if each side is pretty close to the same. There's nothing wrong with choosing a method such as "two [lower rarity] for each [higher rarity]" or a similar system, though! The primary key to fairness is that both you and your trade partner are satisfied with the result of the trade.

Let me know if you have any further questions! ^v^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions