Searching for Wishlist Pets

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Searching for Wishlist Pets

Postby carmel » Sat May 20, 2017 6:07 pm

What if there was a function where you could search for users who have a lot of pets on your hoard and wishlist? I think this would make trading a lot easier. Any thoughts?
carmel

Re: Searching for Wishlist Pets

Postby Sparkblaze » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am

This would be a great benefit to traders.
However, it may hard to implement into the game and may put strain on the system.
Despite that, I support this idea.
Sparkblaze

Postby Coyote » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:14 pm

That might be a good idea, since it would streamline searches for trading partners. I think it should something you could opt in or out of, though. Some people might not want to receive the amount of trades this system would funnel their way, so they should have the option to make sure they do not show up in these searches. This is especially important to consider since older players with larger collections would be most affected by this system. The more pets you have for trade, the more people would be sending trade requests. I can see how that could get tiresome for some.
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀
▅▄▀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
Coyote

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I know nothing about coding whatsoever, so I can't say if a feature like this would be possible or not, but the one major flaw that I see is that I doubt the system would be able to distinguish between pets in a trade group and pets in locked groups. The system would probably just say, "This person owns a pet on your WL" but more often than not (especially for the rarer stuff) that pet would be in a locked group and the trading partner isn't open to trades for it which would lead to frustration on both sides. :P

Additionally, you'd have to find a way to filter out the people that aren't active. A member who joined in 2013 has a bunch of pets on your WL, but hasn't been active since 2015, and is impossible to trade. While I think it's a nifty idea, I also think the hoops that you'd have to jump through to make it function in the way you all are envisioning would be quite difficult.

(But like I said, I'm not a coder, so that's just speculation on my part. XP)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions