Rarity question

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Rarity question

Postby MishaBaby » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:30 am

Ok, so... I thought I had this down, but I've been trying to read up on it this evening and I think I've run myself in a circle and am now all mentally tangled. >,< So according to what I've been reading here on the forums, rarity here is how many of any given specific pet exist on the site period. Is this correct? If so, that would mean it has nothing to do with the other pets on the site... so a rare from 2013 would be the same "actual rarity" as a rare from 2017. This just doesn't seem right to me... so I had to ask. Can someone please straighten me out? >,<
My Eldemore Trade Spot
Looking For Hundreds Of Missed Outcomes, See WL
● Thank you so very much to the person who helped my dream come true! TT_TT ♥ ●
● If it's in group 9c & unnamed, use my WL to offer ●
● In love with lore? Like collecting things? You might want to look at this.

"Remember that in life, all things are temporary, the good and the bad. Let not your troubles
weigh you down, for they too shall pass. Cherish the sweet moments, live awakened, so that
each night when you rest your head you do not fear your final sunset. And remember, always
remember... It might not be ok, but it's going to be alright."
Peace, Love, Empathy... Misha.

MS: Image  ||  Image :DC
.: Once A Watchcrow, Always A Watchcrow :.
MishaBaby

Re: Rarity question

Postby Sphye » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:55 am

MishaBaby wrote:Ok, so... I thought I had this down, but I've been trying to read up on it this evening and I think I've run myself in a circle and am now all mentally tangled. >,< So according to what I've been reading here on the forums, rarity here is how many of any given specific pet exist on the site period. Is this correct? If so, that would mean it has nothing to do with the other pets on the site... so a rare from 2013 would be the same "actual rarity" as a rare from 2017. This just doesn't seem right to me... so I had to ask. Can someone please straighten me out? >,<

Each rarity has a certain "bracket" number that is recalibrated every now and then. Some of the older numbers can be seen here in the Rarity Guide. There are, indeed, approximately the same number of some certain 2017 rare onsite as there are some certain 2013 rare (although it can be more difficult to find older pets continuing to circulate in trades as frequently!).
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Re: Rarity question

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:13 am

That is correct. The rarity stones on the site are determined by the number of pets that are actually on the site. I don't know the actual numbers involved. At one point they were posted, but it's very possible that they've been adjusted as more members have joined, and more pets have been released. So if there's 100 of a 2013 pet on site, and a 100 of a 2017 pet on site they will have the same rarity stone.

That doesn't always mean they're valued the same though. When it comes to trading, older pets are typically valued slightly more. This is because there are less of them being actively traded. So if we take those 100 pets that were acquired in 2013 and assume they went to 100 different people; some of those people will have become inactive, others will have decided to keep theirs in their permanent collection, and still others will have traded it away to new members for their own permanent collections, or be holding onto it to trade for a specific pet. Over the years, more and more of those 100 pets have found their way into permanent collections and are out of reach to new traders. There may be the exact same amount as the newer pets, but less of them are available to traders. The rarity stones are an immensely helpful tool in trading, since they're unaffected by this demand, which can easily change. But the age of the pets are often taken into consideration as well, since age affects how many are actually available at a given time.

Honestly, it's totally up to the traders in how they value different pets. If you value a 2013 rare the same as a 2017 rare, you're completely justified in that assessment. But a lot of people value older pets more because of their being less that are actively traded. How much they value that demand changes with each individual, and each pet.

Hopefully that helped somewhat?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions