Codex and Wishlist Guide - FAQ

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Codex and Wishlist Guide - FAQ

Postby Zayin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Guide to Codex and New Trade Features

The Eldemore Codex is finally here! It contains a detailed list of every pet that has been released so far. Along with this, everyone now has their very own Wishlist and Hoard List! The chief difference is that the Wishlist is simply for pets that you want, while the Hoard List allows you to set a goal for hoarding, and shows how many you currently have.

For glitches or bugs, please scroll to the bottom of the post

Below, you will find a diagram that shows the general icon layout, and what each one means. Further down, you will find more detailed definitions, as well as a list of questions that I will answer.

The Codex:
This contains a list of all the creatures that have been released on Eldemore, but eventually, we plan for it to also contain helpful information about the site, descriptions of the species, lore, and more. From the Codex page, you can pick a year and month to see what was released during that time. At the top of the page, you can use the drop-down menus to filter by species or artist. Special events are also listed among the months. When the creatures are listed, they may stretch beyond the main frame of the page, but you can scroll left or right with each one. At the end of each outcome in the tree, you will have the option to add that pet to your Wishlist or Hoard List.

Wishlist Page
You can manage your Wishlist and/or Hoard List from the Wishlist page. A link to this can be found at the top of the Codex page. After picking a list, the creatures on that list will populate the area below. If you already own a pet on your Wishlist, you will be alerted, and asked if you want to remove it. However, you can choose to 'Ignore' this alert, and you will never be notified about that pet again as long as it is on your Wishlist. The same goes for the Hoard List: hoard goals that you have met will be highlighted, at which point you have the option to change your goal, remove the pet, or ignore the message.

Wishlist
The Wishlist is an easy way to let other users know what you want when trading with you. It can be a good way to keep track of what you don't have in your collection.

Autofill Wishlist
This feature can be found on the Wishlist page, wedged up in the top left corner after you select 'Wishlist'. This feature automatically fills your Wishlist with every creature that you currently do not have. This is a convenient way to fill your Wishlist, but be warned, you can't reverse it unless you feel like clicking 'Remove' for every pet it adds!

Hoard List
Like the Wishlist, the Hoard List lets other users who are trading with you know what you want. With this list, you can specify how many of a specific creature you want to obtain. The default is 20, but you can set it anywhere between 1 and 999. Usually, in trading and in the Codex, pets on your Hoard List will show how many you currently have right next to your goal (see diagram above).

New Trading Features
Several things have been updated with trading. Obviously, there has been integration with the Wishlist/Hoard List system. The diagram above is a picture taken from trading. If you are offering a pet from one of your locked groups, a small padlock icon will remind you. Also, the name of the group your pet is from will be shown. In trading, the Wish/Hoard List icons only indicate for the opposite party. In other words, if you are looking through your trade partner's Homestead, the presence of those icons indicates pets on YOUR Wishlist. When you are looking through your Homestead on the trade page, icons indicate your partner's Wishlist.

In addition, messages sent through trade are now only visible to those participating in that trade (as well as administrators). Many of you voiced concerns about how sharing your trades meant sharing your messages. Well, rest easy, because that is no more.

Also, there is a new Trade Configuration setting for groups: Wishlist Only. This means that pets you put in that group are available for trade if the other user sends you something on your Wishlist and/or Hoard List.

In trading, the age of a pet can now be found by simply hovering your mouse over it. Hovering over several of the icons will also bring up descriptions.

A few Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where is Thorn's Cottage?
We all know how much people rely on the non-existent Thorn's Cottage link in the top menu, but we thought the Codex might be a better use of its space. When Thorn's Cottage is finally opened up to the public, it will be found in the Explore section on the map of Eldemore. Rest assured, when it does, we will let everyone know on the News page.

2. Where are the custom pets in the Codex?
Currently, there aren't enough custom pets to list in the Codex right now. When we do put them in there, they will have a separate page within the Codex to be viewed from. For right now, we were more concerned with just getting the main Codex finished. Also, it is important to note that custom pets cannot be put on Wishlists or Hoard Lists. This is because they are one of a kind, and it would be harassing to their owners.

3. What does this picture / icon mean?
When in doubt, hover your mouse. If there's a picture or icon on Eld that stumps you, just hover your mouse over it, and odds are, a description will pop up. Between that and this topic, hopefully you'll find the knowledge you seek. Otherwise, feel free to ask someone!

4. I'm getting an error!
With this new system, there are bound to be lots of bugs. Here are a few quick tips:
  • JavaScript must be enabled for the Codex and Wishlist pages to function.
  • Internet Explorer seemed to have some issues with these new pages. If you have trouble, try using a different browser.
  • Many times, clearing your browser's cache and cookies will fix a problem. Ctrl+F5 will reload a page from scratch, which can often solve cache issues.
If those don't work, or the problem is obviously with the site, post your issue in the Glitches and Errors thread, and I will help you.

This system has been under construction for several months now, with many hundreds of hours being dedicated to it, and it is finally here. We hope that it enriches your Eldemore experience, and that it can become better over time with your feedback.

-Zayin
Zayin
Code Wizard

Re: Codex and Wishlist Guide - FAQ

Postby Zick3 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 pm

That's an awesome update, thank you really much Zayin! Really, it's SO EXTREMELY MUCH better than on CS ^^

You people can't believe how excited I was when I wanted to check eldemore and read: Eldemore is mega-evolving!?
Dragons

They are beautiful creatures which are flying trough the air.
They are mysterious creatures wich are looking at the moon with their sparkling eyes.
They are mighty creatures wich are slashing stones with their sharp claws.
They are proud creatures wich would never tell their weakness to enemies.
They are protecting creatures wich fight till the end for what they love.
They are caring creatures wich will protect their eggs and hatchlings forever.

If you understand them, you will love them too...

Zick3

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Oh, the wishlist and hoard list feature is fantastic! <3
Thank you to all the staff who worked on this for all their hard work!

I have a question - do you think in the future it would be possible to set infinite/no hoard goals? I'm happy to set all my elkrin hoard list pets at 999, but I just wondered all the same - do let me know if I missed anything about this though! :3
AquilaFuga

Postby Benathorn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:31 pm

AquilaFuga wrote:Oh, the wishlist and hoard list feature is fantastic! <3

I have a question - do you think in the future it would be possible to set infinite/no hoard goals? I'm happy to set all my elkrin hoard list pets at 999, but I just wondered all the same - do let me know if I missed anything about this though! :3

It is indeed possible to have this increased in the future. We would have to re-code some things around a bit, but at the moment it may be put off for the time as we focus on fixing some of the bugs that arise from the new update. We shall certainly keep it in mind though! We understand and hope the hoard count works for you for the time being, however. ^^
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Hirrukko » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Everything is ok etc. but I have two questions:
1.) Why it is written under every creatyre :~ You own this creature ~ even if I don't have it?
2.) Why there sre no buttons next to this one: Windigo Rune Drake | Designed by Benathorn | Species: Rune Drake | Release Date: 2013-11-02 | DracosCanine's Birthday ?
ImageImage

Linkclump - PERFECT TOOL FOR CLICKABLE ADOPTABLES --> for clicking enormous number of links at once (Google Chrome)
Hirrukko

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Benathorn wrote:
AquilaFuga wrote:Oh, the wishlist and hoard list feature is fantastic! <3

It is indeed possible to have this increased in the future. We would have to re-code some things around a bit, but at the moment it may be put off for the time as we focus on fixing some of the bugs that arise from the new update. We shall certainly keep it in mind though! We understand and hope the hoard count works for you for the time being, however. ^^

Great - I'm in no rush, since it is unlikely any of my hoards will get above 999 anyway. xD
Getting rid of bugs and such is a more sensible route to go down now, though I hope there won't be too many for you guys to fix.

Thank you Bena! ^_^
AquilaFuga

Postby Aurrunen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:35 pm

It's nice to finally have a wishlist. I love the hoard wishlist part, it will definitely help since I like to keep hoards and wishlist separate. Thank you to the staff for making this! C:
TRADING ALL MY ELDEMORE STUFF FOR CS/FR

>WILL TRADE IN BULK
Aurrunen

Postby CertainNorth » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Thank you so much Eldemore staff! You have no idea how much a friend of mine is going to love that auto-fill feature. The interface for the codex is really impressive and as always, I look forward to the great improvements and additions of the future!

Thank you so much! <3
I have baubles for WL pets. I buy Eld pets for FR treasure/gems! Typically WL
Always trading my CS pets/items for Eldemore
I am a gamer and game designer. I am usually busy with work and am a casual Eld player
CertainNorth

Postby Benathorn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Hirrukko wrote:Everything is ok etc. but I have two questions:
1.) Why it is written under every creatyre :~ You own this creature ~ even if I don't have it?
2.) Why there sre no buttons next to this one: Windigo Rune Drake | Designed by Benathorn | Species: Rune Drake | Release Date: 2013-11-02 | DracosCanine's Birthday ?

Please be sure to post all glitches and error related questions on this thread here. This is so our site's coder may help you to the best of his abilities if any glitches have occurred.
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Mavric » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 pm

This is SOOO AMAZING!!! I may be a nerd for being so excited about this, but hell, I don't really care, my poor fiancée was awoken from sleep though XD Only to be much less enthusiastic ^^; I guess the internet isn't quite her thing. HAHA, well this is so freaking amazing, and I bow to the coders of this
News from Mavi wrote:I am doing ok, some days it feels hard but I know
I am not alone. I know there is so much more to
Learn and there is so much more to see, so hopefully
life goes better this time, hope is all we've got at
the end of the day. I am always willing to lend an
ear and an open heart to those who need it. We
are all strong in our own way.
we've got this! c:
ImageImageImage
Mavric

Next

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions