Suggestion - Trade Rules

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Implement This?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 62

Re: Suggestion - Trade Rules

Postby Scar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I agree with Magic Man and Mira wholeheartedly. I, for one, don't like the idea of trade rules, they being to sole reason I hardly ever trade on CS anymore because I was either too scared to with all the threats and worrying on upsetting people, or there were too many things to look over to a point it was a muddy mess and I'd give up on bothering to trade. When I want to trade, I want to get it done as quickly as possible, maybe spend a minute or three reading rules but if it excels that, I'm more often than not out.
Nowadays, on CS, I now only trade with friends or do simple monthly swaps that are answered quickly because trade rules, especially when excessively overdone when more than just rules/wants/don't wants, are a deterrent.
Least that is through my experience and I've had a lot of bad experiences with CS. ^ ^'

If trade rules are an absolute necessity then have pre-made tickboxes varying in different rules and "wants/don't wants" that are simple and straight-to-the-point, and not a blank slate left for users creation(and often, abuse).
This, I feel, is one of the only ways to appease both sides. c:
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby NightAssassin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Support for trade rules like they have in CS.

Since I used the Autofill Wishlist button, my wishlist is now full of pets that I don't really want but I still want (because I have the very unoriginal goal of getting a complete collection and I'm way too lazy to go through 90 pages of wishlist.) I ended up using the Hoardlist as a way to try and get people to notice what I really want. I did put that on my trade thread, but I feel like no one ever reads it.

I did have a thought that maybe we could have a trade option that allows users to choose if they want to see trade rules or not (the reasoning behind that is pretty obvious, I think.) And on the flip side, for the user designing the trade rule, maybe there could be a client-only interface where you have text boxes to input your trade rules and little tick boxes to those text boxes to toggle whether you want that trade rule to always be shown regardless of what the other user has for their "trade rule visibility" option. I think there should be a 2 tick mark limit to try and prevent people from abusing it and just checking every single rule they have. I know this is pretty flawed like users could just squeeze all their rules into one text box and check it, but I thought it was a possible idea.
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

"The Universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby Tekla » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:28 am

I don't support trade rules like CS.

CS trade rules have a far too high text limit for what they are, which contributes to a lot of overdoing. Not only in the sense of too many rules, but in annoying extra steps, threats of cancel-and-foe if you do something as simple as ask for the wrong thing, and annoying text colors and fonts, images (i get pet images, but anything else - really, why?).

People don't want to read a novel, much less a novel made of rules (that sounds like a terrible book, really). When I look at a thread or even at trade rules, I only need to know simple things: what you want (or don't want), quantity trades: y/n, do you want premium currency, do you offsite trade.

I would support preset sentences to choose from. Or a text box similar to CS, but with a much reduced character limit. Or, combine the two, with preset sentences and a text box with a very low character limit to write your own short rule or two for what the presets don't cover.

But, please, I don't want to see the nightmare of trade rules that is CS here. ): It's so nice not having to deal with that here.
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby Spectreselva » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm jumping on the wagon of not supporting trade rules like CS.

Echoing Tekla in that all the text colors, length, images and whatever else people put in their trade rules was way too much. Sometimes they even hurt my eyes or gave me a headache depending on the colors used. So please please no rules like CS. This was one thing I loved about this site.

I would be okay with a drop down menu of options people could pick, or a text box with a short character limit and maybe no rich text(IE: no colors) and or no images
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby odin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Then you get these people that has a rule to put a message or they will cancel... (even had someone cancel me on here once with "please put a message, its rude.") Like, why? I want Pet A, I am offering Pet B. You don't like my offer you can cancel or edit... I see absolutely no need for a message, unless you are wanting an edit of some sort (like a baubles trade if you're unsure an amount, event currency, etc.). I mean, forcing someone to talk to you over pixelated images is a bit... IDK, in my opinion, rude? Like what if they have social anxiety and just sending a trade in the first place is a stretch for them, to get it shot down with a cancel and a rude message because they left it blank, could make them never want to trade again, you know? :\

Benathorn <3

Pets in ungrouped are NOT for trade.

*Small note: If I have monthly, still growing, pets in my trades folder, sometimes I wait to make sure there are no splits before I trade my extras away. You're free to offer, however I might not accept straight away, until I know the outcome doesn't have a split. ^^" *
odin

Postby Magikarp » Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Read throught some posts. Chucking my opinion in there

I'd like some prewritten messages. What if the user sends a suggestion of something without a message because they hought you don't care? What if they don't go on trade threads but rather the swap threads? The trader wants to know if you only accept wishlist pets. What if you would like <insert pet> for an <insert pet>? What if you don't want any trades apart from bauble trades? I get titles can express it, but won't prewritten rules be so much more efficient? Maybe coding will be harder, but more people will trade because they know what to trade. What if their wishlist only consisted of missing outcomes, because that's all they needes but they enjoyed trading.

Example:
    [ ] I am not interested in many trades but swaps.
    [ ] Only looking for offsite trades.
    [ ] No suggestions please!
    [ ] No baubles please!
    [ ] Don't trade for my tokens unless discussed beforehand
    [ ] I have [computer generated amount] tokens. Looking to trade them!
    [ ] Leave a message with suggestions pleass.
    [ ] Thank you, have a great day!

Maybe, you could add a small space for ONE link, for maybe an auction or your trade thread with all the dreamies
Stars can't shine

without darkness

WishingNumbers
Magikarp

Postby DariusNoxus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:19 am

Hi!

I just wanted to tell my opinion.
To me it's a cool idea but in another way it's not really a good advice.

I saw a lot of people with their trading rules in CS, some are toooooo excessive! I wonder how can they have trade!?

But trading rules or not, some people will not care about that. I got some stories about people wanted to trade my items.. (And I clearly tell BEFORE that I don't trade Items at all instead of tokens when there are events)..
I always say when I trade items or not... but they look like to... just don't want to read...

Trading rules are fine for some ways: You want this kind of specie or not / whislist only or not...
But when it's starting to be tooo much complicate: Dates, years,months, and some rules which are worst... too many idiotics details..

SOmetimes thes rules, make people argue each other, some become rude to others... (In CS I saw and I had some problems with these kind of people... Look like they are superior etc)

I don't really know..
WILL NOT BE HERE 21-30 AUGUST VACATIONS
DariusNoxus

Previous

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions