Suggestion - Trade Rules

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Implement This?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 62

Re: Suggestion - Trade Rules

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Mira wrote:
Bunnyhop627 wrote:You didn't type at all. What does that mean?

They just want to tell you that this isn't website theft. Php is a free to use and easy form or creating a forum and building websites at all. Everyone is allowed to create such a site and they just want to tell you that our Admins are aware of that.

Well, okay :) But there are still A LOT of similarities.
Image Please join this site! Also, please put me as the ref (same user): http://www.acitius.com/register.php?ref ... unnyhop627
Bunnyhop627

Postby Mira » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Bunnyhop627 wrote:
Mira wrote:
Bunnyhop627 wrote:You didn't type at all. What does that mean?

They just want to tell you that this isn't website theft. Php is a free to use and easy form or creating a forum and building websites at all. Everyone is allowed to create such a site and they just want to tell you that our Admins are aware of that.

Well, okay :) But there are still A LOT of similarities.

Yes because it's the most easiest way to code a site. And I wouldn't complain if the'd add trade rules or other thinks like on CS.

Actually I find trade rules nice because they give me space to be creative and everybody sees it when trey trade with me. For me they are just some of a virtual paper to draw of but that#s actually not the point. xD

Mira

Postby Archer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Bunnyhop627 wrote:Sadly, I'm not a supporter.
Here's how it could go wrong:

Website Theft

Look at all the similarities on here and CS. They would be charged of website theft.

Effort

Many people wouldn't wanna take the time to do this as they can just say what their looking for/state the trading rules in their trade thread.

People getting hurt

People could get hurt by this very easily, like OFFER=REPOIRTION. This could also lead to a user starting a TRT (Trade Rant Thread) which also is very hurtful.

I won't go into depth over the first point, as it's been addressed countless times before and is not relevant to the development of Eldemore as they are separate sites with no intentions of copying each other.

Many would argue that creating a trade thread is more effort than simply setting up trade rules. So this just depends how you look at it.

Trade rant threads are not permitted on Eldemore and will be locked if they are created. In addition, we do not allow users to call each other out or harass one another, and any users caught doing so would be handled by staff.

Interesting points, though. :)

I'm of the opinion that trade rules aren't necessary simply because most - if not all - rules that people would include are common sense or fluff and people can and will still ignore them if they so choose. ^^'

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Archer wrote:
Bunnyhop627 wrote:Sadly, I'm not a supporter.
Here's how it could go wrong:

-SNIP-

Effort

Many people wouldn't wanna take the time to do this as they can just say what their looking for/state the trading rules in their trade thread.

People getting hurt

People could get hurt by this very easily, like OFFER=REPOIRTION. This could also lead to a user starting a TRT (Trade Rant Thread) which also is very hurtful.

I won't go into depth over the first point, as it's been addressed countless times before and is not relevant to the development of Eldemore as they are separate sites with no intentions of copying each other.

Many would argue that creating a trade thread is more effort than simply setting up trade rules. So this just depends how you look at it.

Trade rant threads are not permitted on Eldemore and will be locked if they are created. In addition, we do not allow users to call each other out or harass one another, and any users caught doing so would be handled by staff.

Interesting points, though. :)

I'm of the opinion that trade rules aren't necessary simply because most - if not all - rules that people would include are common sense or fluff and people can and will still ignore them if they so choose. ^^'

(I removed website theft because I just realized they use the same board to create the website/same template) But, everything else is my personal opinion.
Image Please join this site! Also, please put me as the ref (same user): http://www.acitius.com/register.php?ref ... unnyhop627
Bunnyhop627

Postby MishaBaby » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:20 pm

I actually came here today to suggest this very thing. I'm glad I looked first. I really feel like this is needed. Trade threads are awesome, but I literally never get any trades from my thread. Most of the time, I get trade offers from the monthly threads, if ever I get them at all. And you know what? People still manage to ignore what I post anyway, asking for things from my dreamy group or offering pets of vastly lower value or something equally annoying or downright insulting. Whenever that happens, I feel bad just canceling the trade without saying anything, even though they have very decidedly gone against what I've stated I'm looking to trade for and basically slapped me in the face in the process.

Bottom line here, the trade info on a user's trade page is not a replacement for the trade threads, it's a last line of defense against people who ignore those trade threads and what users are asking in regards to their trades. In every place that this feature is an option, I put a disclaimer in my Trade Rules stating that if they ignore them, their trade will be declined without explanation. I think that's fair. If someone can't take the time to read what I've taken the time to type about what and how I want to trade, then we won't trade. Furthermore, if you send a trade to someone that's declined without explanation, at least you can have some place to look to see if maybe, just maybe, you did something wrong. =\ I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would be against this. It's useful and does not impinge in any way on any other feature of the site. Full support, and God I hope this happens soon! >,<

Editing to add: For those not on Chicken Smoothie, a bit of an explanation of what this is... Basically, it's like a small section just above where people add the pets to the trade where you can put in custom text, stating what and how you want to trade. These are not hard, fast rules that the staff will have to code into the site. It's just a text box that you can edit with text and images to help make sure that people trading with you know exactly what you expect when you click on that link to view your trade. That's it. There is nothing nefarious about this. It's not limiting people from trading with you via coding. It's just a box where you can put your 'druthers. It can be as large or as small as you want, and you don't even have to edit it all if you don't want to. This is just one example of how to utilize it: example.
My Eldemore Trade Spot
Looking For Hundreds Of Missed Outcomes, See WL
● Thank you so very much to the person who helped my dream come true! TT_TT ♥ ●
● If it's in group 9c & unnamed, use my WL to offer ●
● In love with lore? Like collecting things? You might want to look at this.

"Remember that in life, all things are temporary, the good and the bad. Let not your troubles
weigh you down, for they too shall pass. Cherish the sweet moments, live awakened, so that
each night when you rest your head you do not fear your final sunset. And remember, always
remember... It might not be ok, but it's going to be alright."
Peace, Love, Empathy... Misha.

MS: Image  ||  Image :DC
.: Once A Watchcrow, Always A Watchcrow :.
MishaBaby

Postby Startedraining » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I still think it would be a waste of time to create these, since people can put them on topics. A "last line of defense" doesn't mean much. If they don't read your thread then don't trade ~
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Support, the way they have it on CS. Not the premade rules way/suggestion I've seen.

Maybe an allowance for 3-5x [img ] and 5x [url ]so nothing gets too spammy. This is ok right? (Don't know if you can see my trade rules). But it's clear, tidy and pretty.

Yes I do agree with the stories, images, paragraphs overload that some people do, but then you can always set some guidelines for your trade page. There is not really anything stopping anyone from making a spammy thread and spamming the boards with "YAY! :D" or the overload of images and stories. Anyone agree?

A trade thread is fine, but when I go to trade, I don't really plan on searching through all of a users post to find their trade thread, I plan to trade. My pet hate on CS is someone having their trade rules elsewhere on the site, rather than in, well, Trades.
"For more info, see my trade thread, but here are my rules, so while you are trading me you can quickly scroll up and see what I said about my leg' rares again" If that means anything to anyone.

But what do I know? :)
ImageImage
Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

Postby Startedraining » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 pm

I think the problem with trade rules in the trading page means that the trade threads will become spam. People will just bump those and have all of their information on their trade rules instead of on a trading thread, which is what they are for.

Trading threads also seem to be much more professional, since people want them to look organized and easy to read, trading rules - like some on CS - are not eye friendly.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Magic Man » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 am

I dont really support this.
Ive had my fill of trade rules on CS that are pretty off putting.
Hell, heres a mash up of all the trade rules ive seen:

*gif of pop band x5*
I love warriors,kawaii pets, dogs and ponies!
ONLY OFFER CATS DOG WARRIOR CATS!
NO RATS CHICKENS HORSES THEY ARE UGLY
Do not offer on my pets in ☆♤♢♢Specials♢♢♤☆
OFFER=FOE
*Pic of dressed pet*
This is Blablah, he guards my trade rules. Follow them or he will GET YOU.
Goals!
[]get gifted a common,uncommon,rare,veryrare,omgsr pet
[]get gifted bombed a bunch of stuff
[] Get gifted *popular pet of the month* I WIL LUV U 4 EVA
DONT SEND A TRADE LIKE THIS OR YOU WILL BE FOED AND REPORTED.
*trade offering rat or whatever for cat*
Add *popbandname* to message so i know you read them!
No message= No trade
Have a nice day : P

Probably not the even the worse out there.
I get some people may not want to make a whole trade thread and there is no guarantee everyobe who trades with them will read it so i could support that premade rules thing.
Magic Man

Postby Mira » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:44 am

I second Magic Mans post. The way some user use their trade rules is just hilarious rude. I know some people just want to show off their super rare pets just to be like "I got it and you don't" and that in a way I don't understand with any of my brain cells. They want to show off their pets, and put them in unlocked groups, but also threaten user who just want to trade them, to not offer on those pets. It's simple: If you don't want offers on a certain pet, put it in a locked group. And if you want to show off your pets, use one of the many forums!

And threatening, especially, is something that should be banned in any ways on child friendly pet adoptable sites.
I'd highly support a tickbox system with pre-made rules to give user a quick overview of stuff the user want, or hoard, or maybe even what he doesn't want. I, for myself, do not use the trading threads and rarely read through them. And it often happens to me that I trade a random online user with a certain trade idea, and they decline because I had no clue about what pets species they want. But I would never want a trade rule system where it's in the users hand to write something down.

Mira

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions