Suggestion - Trade Rules

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Implement This?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 62

Re: Suggestion - Trade Rules

Postby Sphye » Sun May 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Cresta wrote:
Lailic wrote:Well what if they were predetermined?

For example:
I do/do not trade newborns
Pets in (group) are/aren't for trade

I'm sure everyone could pitch in and we could come up with a lot of these that would be useful.

I kind of like this. Like, do a check system when creating rules, so you have premade rules that you can do. Then you could have an option of a good bye message or something?

Example:

[ ] I do trade newborns.
[x] I do not trade newborns.
[ ] Please no one-sided trades.
[x] Please send a message with your trade.

[x] Good bye!
[x] Thanks for trading with me!

I like the idea of pre-set preferences that could be ticked to indicate what sorts of trades you'd prefer. That sounds helpful without leaving a chance for abuse of the system.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Mouse » Sun May 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Sphye wrote:
Cresta wrote:
Lailic wrote:Well what if they were predetermined?

For example:
I do/do not trade newborns
Pets in (group) are/aren't for trade

I'm sure everyone could pitch in and we could come up with a lot of these that would be useful.

I kind of like this. Like, do a check system when creating rules, so you have premade rules that you can do. Then you could have an option of a good bye message or something?

Example:

[ ] I do trade newborns.
[x] I do not trade newborns.
[ ] Please no one-sided trades.
[x] Please send a message with your trade.

[x] Good bye!
[x] Thanks for trading with me!

I like the idea of pre-set preferences that could be ticked to indicate what sorts of trades you'd prefer. That sounds helpful without leaving a chance for abuse of the system.

I could support that. :3 And like Archer mentioned, that would prevent all the spammy gifs, pics, stories, etc...
Mouse

Postby Silverhart » Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 pm

No support. I see no reason for Trade Rules, and think it'll only create more hassle rather then cut down on it.

There's really nothing trade rules can add to the system that isn't currently in place. You can divide what you want into Hoard pets and Wishlist pets already, and can even set the number of hoard pets you want for people to see, so there's no reason for a player to make that distinction in trade rules. The pets have their rarities right underneath them, and you can organize them by age, and see how many days old they are, so there's no need to lecture people on values (if they don't understand, or choose to ignore rarities then a rule in a list is not going to do much good. Simply editing a trade to something you find fair is far more helpful). You can lock pets and baubles if you don't want to trade them. You can wishlist lock and label specific groups. If you're looking for something specific, like offsite trades, or specific pets, there are forums you can advertise in where more people will see them. If you receive a trade that you don't like you can easily modify or cancel it and include a message as to what you are specifically looking for. The other person can also send a message when sending or editing a trade if they need to address something, or ask a question.

Really, what more do you need to establish? I think the current system works perfectly and encourages healthy, friendly bargaining between players - rather then someone not reading a rule and sending an innocent trade only to get shot down because they didn't follow an individual's rule. To me it just feels like trade rules would put responsibility on the person sending the trade to read and understand the other person's trade rules, while taking responsibility off the player receiving the trade to deal politely and patiently with the sender. If someone doesn't send a trade you like, it's the responsibility of the receiver to correct it to something they would like. It's not the sender's job to know what you like and value - they're just offering you a deal.

Just like in real life - someone shoots you a number you don't like, and you either counter it or you decide to walk away. You don't establish a set of ground rules that apply to every situation and that you will hold every person to. And there's no reason to do this, as everyone knows how a trade works: "You want something, I want something - let's try to work something out so we're both happy." And sometimes you can't work something out, so you just choose to walk away. There's nothing wrong with two people valuing things differently and it's simple enough to cancel. Trade rules would add an extra obstacle for those who are just looking to trade and have fun. The majority of Eld are reasonable young adults and adults - we should all be able to deal nicely and sensibly with each other where trading is concerned, especially with all the amazing features at our disposal. And that has been my experience trading on Eld so far - with reasonable players who don't need to be told how to trade or interact. We don't need to moderate fellow traders, nor limit the people we trade with to those who fit our individual rules.

If I saw an actual need for Trading Rules I could get behind it. But we don't. Having predetermined rules you can choose isn't a bad idea, but I honestly can't think of a single rule I would consider important enough to write in trading rules that I can't express through the other features on the site. If I don't want to trade newborns it's on me to lock them in a separate group. If I don't want a one sided trade I can send it back with a message or cancel.
Also, don't forget that something like this would need to be coded into the site, which takes time and effort. I don't see that effort being at all worth it when you consider there is not much it would add to the current system. There is no reason I can think of why one would not use features, such as wishlist locking, labeling groups, even using your forum signature or trading thread to advertise. All of them are much more effective then trading rules could ever be.

So, personally I feel adding Trading Rules would be a useless addition to the site which would hamper trading more then help it.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Lailic » Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 am

I can agree with Silverhart 100%. I don't see much of a reason either. My idea on having preset rules was me throwing other ideas into the mix. Since I'm not a fan of the spamminess trade rules can bring. She brings up a lot of good points. We really don't need them. I love the relaxed ways of Eld's trading. For me, I personally have a hard time with trades. I know back when I was on CS I would read trade rules and be completely turned away. I'd end up just clicking out of the trade. So my final vote on trade rules is no.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby Godiva » Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 am

Lailic wrote:I can agree with Silverhart 100%. I don't see much of a reason either. My idea on having preset rules was me throwing other ideas into the mix. Since I'm not a fan of the spamminess trade rules can bring. She brings up a lot of good points. We really don't need them. I love the relaxed ways of Eld's trading. For me, I personally have a hard time with trades. I know back when I was on CS I would read trade rules and be completely turned away. I'd end up just clicking out of the trade. So my final vote on trade rules is no.

I completely agree as well.
While the pre-set rules could take away some of the issues of image spam, and all the "codeword" nonsense, I do believe that there is no real need for them anyway. If it is a question of what the user is looking for, the wishlist / hoard list options are completely available for that, and locked groups can be created for "Not for Trade" pets.
I very much prefer not having the trade rules, and I think having them would just complicate the process by an extra unneeded step.
"It's an Elkrin Thing"

╭━━━━━━━━━━┓
Hello there! I'm Godiva.
If you need any help
with anything, or just
want to chat, feel free
to send me a message!
┖━━━━━━━━━━╯
coding ;3
Site and Forum Rules
Beginner's Guide
Eldemore Lore and Info
Godiva

Postby Tekla » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 am

I agree with Silverhart as well. We have so many things that take the place of trade rules. And to be honest, from CS trade rules really kind of turn me away - they can be really negative. I like the trading atmosphere here without trade rules.

If we were to have them, I'd only support it if it worked as Archer said - plain text only so there wouldn't be any spam or nonsense.
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Sadly, I'm not a supporter.
Here's how it could go wrong:

Website Theft

Look at all the similarities on here and CS. They would be charged of website theft.

Effort

Many people wouldn't wanna take the time to do this as they can just say what their looking for/state the trading rules in their trade thread.

People getting hurt

People could get hurt by this very easily, like OFFER=REPOIRTION. This could also lead to a user starting a TRT (Trade Rant Thread) which also is very hurtful.
Image Please join this site! Also, please put me as the ref (same user): http://www.acitius.com/register.php?ref ... unnyhop627
Bunnyhop627

Postby Hyensa » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Bunnyhop627 wrote:
Website Theft

Look at all the similarities on here and CS. They would be charged of website theft.

Benathorn wrote:
Roxifox2233 wrote:Yes, Thank You! I think Eldemore is similar to Chicken Smoothie, isn't it? I play it, and well, it is kinda like this.

We do use the same free phpBB free forums format that many sites such as Magistream and CS use. It is a user friendly forum base that is quite popular and that many individuals are already familiar navigating with. Besides that, we are just a thread adopts with fantasy creatures and an underlying lore-- not necessarily a counterpart of CS but many users from there feel very familiar with the site and hopefully are able to navigate easily. If you have anymore questions about this feel free to check the links below at the bottom of the site's page that give more detail into phpBB.

Welcome to Eldemore, though!
We all hope you enjoy your time here~
Hyensa

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Hyensa wrote:
Bunnyhop627 wrote:
Website Theft

Benathorn wrote:
Roxifox2233 wrote:Yes, Thank You! I think Eldemore is similar to Chicken Smoothie, isn't it? I play it, and well, it is kinda like this.

We do use the same free phpBB free forums format that many sites such as Magistream and CS use. It is a user friendly forum base that is quite popular and that many individuals are already familiar navigating with. Besides that, we are just a thread adopts with fantasy creatures and an underlying lore-- not necessarily a counterpart of CS but many users from there feel very familiar with the site and hopefully are able to navigate easily. If you have anymore questions about this feel free to check the links below at the bottom of the site's page that give more detail into phpBB.

Welcome to Eldemore, though!
We all hope you enjoy your time here~

You didn't type at all. What does that mean?
Image Please join this site! Also, please put me as the ref (same user): http://www.acitius.com/register.php?ref ... unnyhop627
Bunnyhop627

Postby Mira » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Bunnyhop627 wrote:You didn't type at all. What does that mean?

They just want to tell you that this isn't website theft. Php is a free to use and easy form or creating a forum and building websites at all. Everyone is allowed to create such a site and they just want to tell you that our Admins are aware of that.

Mira

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions