Suggestions & Site Improvments

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Re: Suggestions & Site Improvments

Postby Foxe » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 pm

If there's one thing we need, it's items. Please, please make an item system, like on CS. That was the one thing I miss about it. I remember during the cherry blossom festival people were talking about it, and were wondering about the items for the event. I actually save one of each item from each event just for that purpose, in case an item system is introduced, and we get to use our event tokens.
Just your average gay, two spirit, native american person. I'm Foxe on FR.
Collector of expensive dragons. A few of my best (a mix of old + first gen dragons) are shown below.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Foxe

Postby cjr09 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Fennec wrote:If there's one thing we need, it's items. Please, please make an item system, like on CS. That was the one thing I miss about it. I remember during the cherry blossom festival people were talking about it, and were wondering about the items for the event. I actually save one of each item from each event just for that purpose, in case an item system is introduced, and we get to use our event tokens.

Benathorn wrote:
Focusing on the pets has always been our main priority, but adding line edits like we do with the Runes is a rare occasion. It takes a lot of time on our part to do line/shading/highlights to an edited pet and a lot of time goes into each creation we make since we do not simply do just base colors and designs. The only reason we do so with the Rune Dragons specifically is to keep with tradition with our old adoptables. But you will see more heavily edited pets in the store and for holidays since we wish to give you our best for those type of things.

Items in general is something that is a long way off. Though I say we are pondering it, this may mean we may implement it a year or so from now, so no worries there. Trading baubles though is something we are working on in the background currently. This update you will see sooner rather then later to help those who are not able to purchase them. But we are still working on a great many things and there are only three of us at the moment who do the art and coding.

To elaborate more on "items" we will not be doing art that actually places cloths or odd little attire since our line edits are so abundant. Our items would be more like smaller creatures that can be added as companions for you pets. Just to give you guys a little more insight on what we have in mind and all. We appriciate the support and opinions though and will continue to work on the site in hopes to make it better in the future for everyone. ^^

Hope this helped~
cjr09

Postby Foxe » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 am

Ahhh, thank you so much! :D
Just your average gay, two spirit, native american person. I'm Foxe on FR.
Collector of expensive dragons. A few of my best (a mix of old + first gen dragons) are shown below.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Foxe

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:29 am

I'm sure that this suggestion has been made before, but I want to mention it in case it hasn't gained any traction. I would love it if pets had the dates that they we released displayed under them. I'm a pretty new member, so having the dates under the pets would be very helpful for trading and getting a sense for the pets' values. I hope this is a good idea. ^^
Hello! I'm RedAutumnLeaf, but you can call me Autumn.
Send over a trade! I would love to trade, no matter the offer.
If you need help with anything, are having trouble on Eldemore, or just need someone to talk to, send me a PM.
I always love helping others and meeting new people, so I'll try to help you as much as I possibly can.
RedAutumnLeaf

Postby Startedraining » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

RedAutumnLeaf wrote:
I'm sure that this suggestion has been made before, but I want to mention it in case it hasn't gained any traction. I would love it if pets had the dates that they we released displayed under them. I'm a pretty new member, so having the dates under the pets would be very helpful for trading and getting a sense for the pets' values. I hope this is a good idea. ^^

Dates are displayed in the pet information on the pet's page, along with the hour and minute they were adopted, and if you hover over them in trades it will show you the amount of days it has been since it was adopted.
I hope that helps you! QuQ
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Startedraining wrote:
RedAutumnLeaf wrote:

Dates are displayed in the pet information on the pet's page, along with the hour and minute they were adopted, and if you hover over them in trades it will show you the amount of days it has been since it was adopted.
I hope that helps you! QuQ

This does help! But what about on mobile devices? I can't hover over the pet when I'm on my tablet, and that's what I use to go on the site most often.
If you need help with anything, are having trouble on Eldemore, or just need someone to talk to, send me a PM.
I always love helping others and meeting new people, so I'll try to help you as much as I possibly can.
RedAutumnLeaf

Postby cjr09 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:46 pm

RedAutumnLeaf wrote:
This does help! But what about on mobile devices? I can't hover over the pet when I'm on my tablet, and that's what I use to go on the site most often.

On a mobile device, it's possible if you hold down your finger over the pet it could act with a hover effect and display the date, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that kind of code was included in the website's design, as it's tricky and generally causes more problems than it fixes. You might just be stuck going to the individual pet's page to find it out.
cjr09

Postby RedAutumnLeaf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:25 pm

cjr09 wrote:
RedAutumnLeaf wrote:

On a mobile device, it's possible if you hold down your finger over the pet it could act with a hover effect and display the date, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that kind of code was included in the website's design, as it's tricky and generally causes more problems than it fixes. You might just be stuck going to the individual pet's page to find it out.

In that case, my recommendation still stands. Having the date displayed under the pets' names is much more convenient, especially on mobile devices.
RedAutumnLeaf

Postby twilyghtpanda » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:50 pm

This is probably an out of range suggestion but, for advents, can we please get these pets non Bazaar? It's hard enough to get all if any Baubles to get the monthly that you guys set out, but when you also ask for 50 or more per advent it really tough. It would be nice to make them just adoptables instead. I know you guys want/need money as a new site but events like Saint Patties and Valentines should have free adoptables .-.

Thanks for looking and sorry if this was previous suggested/a bad suggestion.
twilyghtpanda

Postby Hyensa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:53 pm

twilyghtpanda wrote:This is probably an out of range suggestion but, for advents, can we please get these pets non Bazaar? It's hard enough to get all if any Baubles to get the monthly that you guys set out, but when you also ask for 50 or more per advent it really tough. It would be nice to make them just adoptables instead. I know you guys want/need money as a new site but events like Saint Patties and Valentines should have free adoptables .-.

Thanks for looking and sorry if this was previous suggested/a bad suggestion.

Eldemore offers plenty of free adopts already which I have to say is more than enough and beyond to be fair.
Especially with the events they hold and the amount of trade fodder and pets for free we get from those.

I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Bazaar pets make their money to keep the site running like you said, and you can trade for these bazaar pets by trading for baubles, trading your monthly adopts or offsite trading. There are lots of alternatives and ways to cycle to get what you want on a website. Not to mention I believe the humming bumbles are a bazaar exclusive along with prong foxes.
Hyensa

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions