Site Q & A

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Re: Site Q & A

Postby valiant-quest » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Oh, okay! It was just the ever-constant theme names that threw me off, I guess.
valiant-quest

Postby Roonie-Roe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Clembot wrote:Oh, okay! It was just the ever-constant theme names that threw me off, I guess.

That's probably due in part to the fact that each set/litter is required to have a name given to them for the codex, and for each pet individually (so they can easily be identified). That tends to tie them all together and give them a theme, whether they actually have one or not, lol. ^^
Ö

Ö

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Rest in peace, Daddy...
~ May 26, 1936 - May 20, 2016 ~

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Image Image
[My Hoard List] [Chicken Smoothie]
[Flight Rising] [Dragon Cave] [Furry Paws (join?)]
Roonie-Roe

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:44 pm

I have a small question regarding the usage of the pets art.

I'm working on my Hoard trade thread, and I wanted to make images that would sort of condense the amount of images loading on the thread at any one time; I know it can be a pain for mobile users and can be taxing on the server at times. (I've done this on CS with my trade thread there.)

The images would look like this! ^^^^
I just want to make sure that doing this doesn't break any kind of rule or count as some kind of art theft. :?
((Some sites are super picky about how their art is used. :/ ))
Image1,146,131 Image Image1,351

_____________________________________________________________________________________
My MS paint Art Thread: Link.
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 92

** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

Postby Startedraining » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:50 pm

As long as the images retain a watermark they are free to be used anywhere~ If the icons themselves do not have watermarks, you could just photoshop the watermark over the image somewhere to let people know if it is ever taken offsite.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:25 am

Startedraining wrote:
As long as the images retain a watermark they are free to be used anywhere~ If the icons themselves do not have watermarks, you could just photoshop the watermark over the image somewhere to let people know if it is ever taken offsite.

So I could add it in at the bottom of the images, and it'll be fine?
Sounds good to me, I just wanted to be sure I would get in trouble for it later, hah.

Edit:

Like this?

It's not perfect; I don't have Photoshop, so I sort of picked it off of the Drake that's in the image anyway, but...It works, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 92

** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

Postby KisaWolfz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:17 am

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
Startedraining wrote:

So I could add it in at the bottom of the images, and it'll be fine?
Sounds good to me, I just wanted to be sure I would get in trouble for it later, hah.

Edit:

Like this?

~Snip~

It's not perfect; I don't have Photoshop, so I sort of picked it off of the Drake that's in the image anyway, but...It works, right?

That should be fine. As long as its on Eldemore you don't really need the watermark, but if its taken anywhere offsite then it should have the watermark~
KisaWolfz

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:39 am

Alright.
Thanks guys! ^^

Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 92

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

Postby Liger-kun » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:42 am

I've noticed that the staff's birthdays aren't in the announcements like they always are, 3 staff members with listed birthdays haven't been there. I'm just wondering why and I can understand if you guys just don't have the time.
❤️

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liger-kun

Postby Startedraining » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 am

Liger-kun wrote:I've noticed that the staff's birthdays aren't in the announcements like they always are, 3 staff members with listed birthdays haven't been there. I'm just wondering why and I can understand if you guys just don't have the time.
❤️

Staff birthdays are generally only announced when there's a pet to announce as well. The only exception was when Cjr09 announced for Jendalie's birthday here when Jen decided her birthday wasn't necessarily important to be announced. It was originally in Eldemore Discussion but later moved to Announcements.

Unless a staff member brings attention to their birthday, it will go unannounced ^w^
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Liger-kun » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Startedraining wrote:
Liger-kun wrote:I've noticed that the staff's birthdays aren't in the announcements like they always are, 3 staff members with listed birthdays haven't been there. I'm just wondering why and I can understand if you guys just don't have the time.
❤️

Staff birthdays are generally only announced when there's a pet to announce as well. The only exception was when Cjr09 announced for Jendalie's birthday here when Jen decided her birthday wasn't necessarily important to be announced. It was originally in Eldemore Discussion but later moved to Announcements.

Unless a staff member brings attention to their birthday, it will go unannounced ^w^

Thank you<3

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Liger-kun

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions