Meadow [The Game] from Might & Delight Studios

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Meadow [The Game] from Might & Delight Studios

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:01 am

I found a star tonight! And it turned me into a ghost bunny! XD

Also, I had so much fun earlier today. I was playing Meadow, just for a few minutes after dinner to collect some blue puzzle pieces. But I met the nicest person, who was playing an adult lynx, and I followed them everywhere, and they always waited up for my short little baby lynx self. We played with a puffball for a while - which was fun, I don't often find people who are up for a long round of pounce the puffball. And when we found more animals in a group they always waited up for the little ones. Eventually we broke off from the big group - just me, the big lynx, and a pair of rabbits, and we met some others - and the big lynx took charge, and they were just... such and awesome leader. It was just such a nice experience. I could've played with them all day. We didn't find a whole lot of puzzle pieces, but my 'few minutes' became like two hours I was just having so much fun with this person, who I will likely never even share a single word with or know who they were. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Polly44 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Shelter 2 has a massive saving on it. Got it for less than £2. Figured i might as well try it, as i wanted to play it. And i have to admit, it is better than the original. Hunting is considerably more fun! I've hunted loads of Rabbits, one Goat and a few Pheasants i think they are?
I finished the game quite quickly as i wanted to see where it went over exploring. Three cubs survived, which is pretty decent for my first run through, though finding food in winter is a pain! Had to leg it from Wolves and some kind of mudslide i think it was.

Just started my second play-through.
Last edited by Polly44 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Silverhart » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:40 pm

That's awesome Polly44! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Finding food in winter can be pretty tough. The Tundra area, where the wolves are, has the most food during winter. There's a lot to explore and discover in that game. After my cubs grow up I usually just play around on my own for a while, poking around in places I haven't been, practicing my hunting, etc.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby MUTT » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:27 am

Are you telling me the Shelter people basically made The Endless Forest? This is the best news I've heard in months. I own 1 + 2! Beat one, picked up The Long Dark as a bit of a break, and will be playing 2 very soon! Afterward I know I'll be picking up Meadow. Maybe it'll be on a Steam xmas sale. ^^ [EDIT: I missed the part where it's only $2.99! Picking it up today.]
“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” - The Old Astronomer to His Pupil ► Who Am I? ◄
MUTT

Postby Taryn123 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:11 am

MUTT wrote:Are you telling me the Shelter people basically made The Endless Forest? This is the best news I've heard in months. I own 1 + 2! Beat one, picked up The Long Dark as a bit of a break, and will be playing 2 very soon! Afterward I know I'll be picking up Meadow. Maybe it'll be on a Steam xmas sale. ^^ [EDIT: I missed the part where it's only $2.99! Picking it up today.]

The Endless Forest is made by Tell Tale Games, a completely different developer to Might and Delight, who's made Shelter, Shelter 2 and The Meadow.
Yes, the game style is the same. Actions and calls instead of typing/words, but TEF is a game about a magical race of deer. Unlike the Shelter series and The Meadow, where you play as a Badger(S1), Lynx(S2) and many other animals ( Meadow).
Also, in TEF, you identify other players with a mark above their heads, in The Meadow, its there steam name or just what animal and coat color they are using at the current time.
There are a lot of differences, but im not gonna list all of them. :?

Also Polly44, as Silver stated, in the winter the Tundra area has a lot of food, the down side is the wolves that appear at random. To avoid the wolves, have a wide edge always in sight, to quickly jump on to get away from them.
I normally keep my cubs near the Tree den and in the Meadow area (rabbit and small prey) until they are almost adults, then move to the Tundra area. ( Where there is deer, and the cubs help you chase down the deer if they are old enough.)
It takes longer for the cubs to grow, feeding on smaller prey, but i can monitor there growth and make sure none of them starve during the early stages of growth. Taking down two or three rabbits, one after the other, is very easy.
One rabbit will feed two cubs, the heather (larger, first two cubs) two cubs will always eat first and go for the first rabbit you kill. You just need to quickly dispatch another one, for the remaining two to keep them evenly fed.
Hope this helps. ( Helpful rant?)
May the little fire starter, light the way in the dark
ImageLi' Firestarter
Taryn123

Postby Polly44 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:52 pm

@Silverhart- Yup. Yeah, part of what makes it so realistic though. Ah right, wasn't expecting that place to be the best winter place. Thanks! And aye there is a lot of interesting stuff to find. I keep meaning to have another play on it, but i got slightly distracted by the WolfQuest update. xD

@Taryn123- Ah, handy trick to know. Thanks. :) Good strategy too. Hmmm, i don't remember them helping to hunt deer, though i know they caught a few rabbits and stuff. Shall have to try that.
That's what i did the first play through. Worked rather well as well. Haha, helpful indeed- rant or not.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Human » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 am

I spent money on it and then it refused to connect to a server.
Very disappointed.
Human

Postby Silverhart » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Human wrote:I spent money on it and then it refused to connect to a server.
Very disappointed.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what the problem is, but maybe you can find a fix, or even contact someone who can help you. If not, I'm sure you can get a refund.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Previous

Return to Entertainment