Meadow [The Game] from Might & Delight Studios

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Meadow [The Game] from Might & Delight Studios

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Created by Might and Delight studios Meadow is a Multiplayer version of the Shelter games that many people already know and love. Band together with other animals to explore a strange land that's filled with high mountain ranges, murky swamps and all manner of unique flowers. With 9 animals* to choose from you can explore the bog as a Frog or steer your deer throughout the whole hemisphere. Half exploration game, and half walking simulator you will find Meadow to be a unique take on multiplayer gaming. Meet old friends or make some new ones and traverse a large map collecting flowers and Crystals that can be used to gain new playable animals, skins, emotes and actions. Lacking a traditional chatbox a player can communicate with others only through the use of emotion signs and simple actions. Friendship doesn't always need words and Meadow encompass this principle perfectly. Here you will find a vast Meadow where there are no enemies just new friends to be made. Game is available now for 2.99 USD on Steam

Table of Contents

Frequently Asked Questions
Game Guide
Game Map
Last edited by Copper on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copper

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Frequently Asked Question

I'm really shy or afraid of bullying so I'm not sure if a Multiplayer game is for me.
A lack of traditional chatbox and ability to hide your username makes it completely safe to interact with others. Nobody has to know who you are and nobody has the ability to be mean to you ingame. If you are on the fence about if this game would be safe for you, you can watch a playthrough of the game by Seri!PixelBiologist, HERE.

I'm not shy at all and want to chat with other players!
Great! There is a Discord chat for players who want to chat with one another. You can find the link for it, on the discussion board on the steam forums.

I'm sold. Where can I get the game and how much is it?
It's available of Steam for 2.99 USD and 1.99 in most other regions

Where can I find Monolithes / Flowers / Gems?
Locations are randomly generated so they tend to change. There are certain areas of the game world that are more likely to spawn rare flowers and they are mentioned in the Map Section below

How do I unlock different animals?
By gathering Gold Crystals. They are most often found in Obelisks and sometimes hidden throughout the world. If you gather enough of them you are able to unlock and play as a Frog, a Rabbit, or a Goat/Deer.

*Wait that's only four animals... I thought you said there where nine?
If you own other Might and Delight products, like Shelter or Shelter2, you are unable to unlock and play as other animals like a Lynx or an adult Badger. You are able to unlock the following animals, emotes and sounds by owning the following products:

Shelter = Adult Badger
Shelter2 = Adult Lynx
Paws = Baby Lynx
All Three of the Above = Bear Cub
Shelter Soundtrack = Unique Badger sound
Shelter2 Soundtrack = Unique Lynx sound
Shelter2: Mountains = Unique Lynx sound & 3D Campfire Emote
Paws Soundtrack = Unique Lynx cub sound
Meadow Soundtrack = Unique Badger cub sound
The Lonesome Fog – 3D Fog emote
Fables from the Den – 3D Rain emote

To unlock the Bald Eagle you need to own all Might and Delight Products. These Include' Shelter and its Soundtrack, Shelter2 and its Soundtrack, the Mountains DLC and its Soundtrack, Paws and its Soundtrack, Meadow and its Soundtrack, The Lonesome Fog living book and Fables from the Den Living Book

The servers are really crowed
Simply join another Meadow. In the bottom left hand corner of the Den where you choose your animal you can choose a different Meadow to join. Each Server has 8 Meadows to choose from.

Where is survival mode?!
There isn't one. Meadow aims to be a relaxing experience so if you are looking for hunting or fighting than I would suggest playing Shelter or Shelter2 instead.

I'm a little lost. Can you help me?
Simply ask here in the forum. You can all PM or Friend Request me ON HERE or ON STEAM. I'm always willing to help new players. Likewise you can find me in game on the West Coast Server in Meadow 2. I'm a brown Goat/Deer with a Black underbelly and my username is Hero0fCanton.
Copper

Game Guide

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Game Guide

Welcome to the World // Joining a Group
When you first start the game you will begin life in the Meadow as a Badger cub at “Center Tree”. A large tree with twisting roots in the center of the gameworld and a great place to start looking for others to explore with. By using emotes you can greet other players and ask to join their group or asking them to join yours. When traveling with, or leading a group keep each animals strengths in mind to ensure that nobody feels left out.

Goats/Deer are the fastest animals with adult Lynx following shortly behind them speedwise. Young Badgers and Bear cubs are amongst the slowest moving animals. With this in mind, it's a common courtesy that if you are leading a group to make sure that slower moving animals aren't lost along the way. Waiting for your group after crossing a river is also recommended and many swim slower than others. Always regroup with your whole group before opening obelisks. If group members are too far away they won't be able to gather any of the crystals hidden in the obelisks.

What Exactly are Obelisks Anyway?
Obelisks are large stone structures with a pointed triangle top. They can be opened by vocalizing at them. All obelisks require at least two animals to open them but most larger ones require four or more animals and often animals of a specific type. If you don't have the required animals with you than you are unable to open that obelisk and need to look for a different one or find the corresponding animals and convince them to help you. A guide to what each symbol on a Obelisk means can be found below.

Going it alone // Gathering flowers
Groups not your thing? Rather be a self sufficient Badger and do it all on your own? Then exploring the map and gathering flowers and crystals can be done without the help of anyone else. Most flowers will garner you between 5 and 10 essence points but rare and legendary flowers can give you between 40 and 60 essence points. Crystals will give you between 10 and 40 essence points depending on their colors. Flowers and crystals are all spawned randomly but common spawn places for rare and legendary flowers are marked on the map in the next section.

I gathered stuff. What now?
Essence will garner you fun new things like new skins for your animals, new animals to play or new emotes sign. There is no set level to gain any of there things you just need to gather enough pieces. Unlock new animals with Gold crystals, new skins with Blue crystals and new emotes with Pink crystals

Unlock the “Sit” action by gathering 2,000 essence

Skins & New Animals
Many skins will have different noises and calls assigned to them. For example the Black Goat/Deer skin has the loudest call whereas the black and white adult Badger has one of the quietest calls. Each animal has various skins to unlock and you need to be playing that animal to unlock them. When you unlocked all the skins and emotes for the Badger cub you will have to start from scratch when you play as a different animal.

Each new animal has certain abilities. Goats/Deer can easily scale high Mountains, Frogs are the best swimmer, and rabbits are quick footed when racing across the meadow. There is no “right” animal to play as as each has it's strengths and weaknesses. Generally speaking if you are wanting to lead a group playing as a Goat/Deer or an Adult Lynx (if you have Shelter2) is a good option as they are the easiest to see.

Talking without words
Animals in real life don't have complex conversations with one another, and they find themselves limited to speaking with body language and facials expressions. In meadow you communicate in a similar manner with the use of emotes. A helpful guide to what means what can be found below.

Image Question
Image I see something
Image Straight Ahead
Image Yes / Okay / I understand
Image No
Image Follow Me
Image Going to Center Tree
Image Cave / Cave up ahead
Image We need to Climb
Image Regroup / Slow Down / Want to Group up?
Image I see a Crystal Piece!
Image I see a Flower!
Image Obelisk / Obelisk up ahead
Image Cross the Water / Swim
Image Switching Animals
Image Make Noise

Image Wave / Hello
Image Cry / Sad
Image Laugh / I'm Happy
Image Mad / Angry
Image Joking
Image Mischievous / Suspicious
Image Cross Eyed
Image Wink
Image Dead
Image Evil

Image 3D Fog Emote [Must own The Lonesome Fog living book]
Image 3D Storm Emote [Must own Fables from the Den living book]
Image 3D Fire Emote [Must own Mountains DLC for Shelter2]

Image 3D Action [Lay Down]
Image 3D Action [Sit]

Popular Emote Combinations
ImageImage Do you want to join my group?
ImageImage Do you know where an Obelisk is?
ImageImageImage Goodbye / I'm leaving
ImageImageImage Don't open the Obelisk yet, wait for the whole group
Copper

Game Map

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Gain the Lay of The Land

I have witnessed Elephants in zoo's drawing better than I can so I do apologize for the state of the map. It's taken me multiple hours of editing to put this together and it's being constantly revised. All cave and catnip locations locations are not marked. Please note that the names dictated on the map aren't necessarily official names and are more likely than not what my friends and I refer to each location as.

Please click here to see the fullsize map and map key

In the evenings, when the stars are out, there are no foggy areas on the map. Instead you will be able to see the Northern Lights. The best place to view them is from the Western edge of the Winter Forest, from the Big Rock Cliff

The cave system that connects the High Meadow and the Winter Forest can be a confusing mess. However, I will not draw up a guide for it as that really defeats the purpose of discovering some things for yourself. The Two Falls Cavern within this cave system has a bottom so feel free to simply jump down to the bottom of it. However do not do this in the Autumn Cave System when you reach the cavern with the hole in it. It is an endless hole with no bottom.

If you are an Achievement hunter the Meadow behind The Four Falls is where you will find the stars for the “Talking with the Stars” Achievement. There is no set place that the stars will fall so you will have to search around for them a bit. You can only find the stars during the following times:

Between 6:50am and 7:50am GMT on the East Coast Server
Between 9:50am and 10:50am GMT on the West Coast Server
Between 12:50pm and 1:50am GMT on the European Server

The Catnip Achievement can be reached by using the scent action in any of the marked Catnip Fields. You can only gain this achievement if you are playing as a Lynx or a Lynx cub.

Rare and Fables flowers can often be found in the following areas:
Throughout the Autumn Forest
On the Islands in High Mountain Clearing
Near the cave entrance in Rocky Mountain Pass
Near the cave entrance at Three Falls
At the Bottom of Two Falls Cavern

If there is anything you feel should be added to the map don't hesitate to let me know
Last edited by Copper on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copper

Re: Meadow [The Game] from Might & Delight Studios

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Posting is now officially open. Please bear with me while I revise any spelling or grammatical issues as English isn't my first or even my second language.

Please feel free to pm me links to screenshots you have taken as I would like to remake the title banner and liven up the forum with everyone's photos. You will, of course, be credited.

Feel free to chat about the game, share screenshots or art or talk about fun experiences you have had. All I ask is that you do not share other people's usernames on this forum as they may not want it made public. Also as a friendly reminder the creators of the game are currently holding a skin contest where the winning designs will be featured in the game. Check it out in the game's discussion forum on Steam.
Want to play a great animal based game with a wonderful community? Then join the Petz Community at Whiskerwick!
Petz lets you collect, raise and breed animals of many different species.
Our community offers unique adoptions, fun challenges, a unique currency system, obedience and pose shows, custom pets and lots more. We are very welcoming of new players of any age, so you are sure to fit right in!

Get The Petz game for free HERE. Join Whiskerwick HERE
Post in the introduction forum saying "Copper sent me" and
I'll send you some free petz & 1,000 site currency to get your started!
Copper

Postby Silverhart » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Meadow! ^^ I love this game!

Been playing it since it was released (and even before as a beta tester). I have the three other games, plus some of their other content, so I've unlocked all the animals except the eagle. The first or second day the game was released I was playing as a badger and found three baby badgers who decided to follow me around - it was cutest thing! Took me right back to when I first played Shelter.

I'm not really into social games like this, but the fact that all the communication is with the emotes is so relaxing. At first I thought I'd stick mainly to myself in the game, and sometimes I still do like to wander off on my own, but I'm surprised at how often I find myself joining groups and having tons of fun running around the map and breaking obelisks with them, especially in the smaller groups.

My favorite thing to do is to climb the mountains in the game. I think I've climbed every single one. XP I have a personal goal of climbing the largest mountain on the map with every animal. So far only done it with the adult lynx, and bear cub. Can't wait to do it with the frog sometime! XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Copper » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:57 pm

I'm not really into Multiplayer either ... in fact I can't think of any game I've ever played in Multiplayer with the exception of FeralHeart that I only ever played with a specific group of people. With Meadow though it just so a relaxed experience that I don't even mind being around a bunch of strangers the way I usually do.I love leading everyone around or just exploring the map with other. I'm so happy they eased up on the voice fade because I was really missing the constant baby badger squeaks while running as a group.

I'm constantly on the lookout of cool areas. A bunch of us on the forums are talking about organizing a baby badger soccer game in the soccer field in the Autumn Forest one of these days. I'm such a fan of the community that's building itself around this game.
Want to play a great animal based game with a wonderful community? Then join the Petz Community at Whiskerwick!
Petz lets you collect, raise and breed animals of many different species.
Our community offers unique adoptions, fun challenges, a unique currency system, obedience and pose shows, custom pets and lots more. We are very welcoming of new players of any age, so you are sure to fit right in!

Get The Petz game for free HERE. Join Whiskerwick HERE
Post in the introduction forum saying "Copper sent me" and
I'll send you some free petz & 1,000 site currency to get your started!
Copper

Postby Polly44 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:44 pm

I bought this game a couple of days ago. Have only played it once for a couple of hours, as i've been too busy since, heh. I also own Shelter and i did want Shelter 2, but i wasn't very pleased with the original, so i haven't bought the sequel.

But i spent hours as a Badger cub following a huge bunch of other animals looking for the flowers/crystals, which was amusing.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Silverhart » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:39 am

Shelter 2 is by far my favorite of the two games. I would highly recommend it. There's a lot more to explore and do then in the original Shelter, and there's even a lot of benefit to replaying it, since every year can be different depending on where you choose to raise your cubs and what events occur.

A baby badger soccer game sounds adorable! ^^ I hope I stumble upon that someday. I'll cheer you guys on! XD

EDIT: Look what I found tonight! ^^

A badger statue!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Taryn123 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 am

I'm a big fan of Shelter 2. Got 4 generations down pat, with all the cubs surviving.
I was surprised when i saw a youtube video of Meadow, i didn't think they would make a game like Meadow. Got it two days ago, and have been playing a Lynx <3
When ever i get on, a small group fines me and we run around. Yesterday, i was in a massive group, that was running around collecting everything in our path.
It was amazing XD
May the little fire starter, light the way in the dark
ImageLi' Firestarter
Taryn123

Next

Return to Entertainment