Books!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Books!

Postby Polly44 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 am

I found the Maze Runner books on a carboot last weekend for £3, so I bought them. However I didn't realise it had the prequel "A Kill Order" and not the actual first book "The Maze Runner" in it.
So I spent a day reading the prequel book and it took me half the day to realise it was a prequel. I kept wondering where all the characters from the movies were and who on earth I was reading about, lol. It was a pretty good book though. I was hooked all day until I finished it.

SPOILER!
I have to admit I both like and hate the ending of it. I get why it ended that way and it was a decent way to end it, though I did see it coming. I just......it was rather heartbreaking, heh.

My birthday is in a week and a bit and I have asked for a few books, namely:
The new Wonder Woman Film Novelisation (I went to see the film and loved it, hence me wanting to read the book.)
The Maze Runner Book, lol.
The second and third books in the series "Fitz and the fool" by "Robin Hobb" (I haven't actually finished the first yet, but I know I will, as I was enjoying it, it's just a lot of stuff has come up in life and i haven't had the motivation to read much recently.)

Oh and i found this on the internet a while back and it's very fitting for me, heh.

"I waited too long to read the sequel and now i can't even remember the characters."
A novel by me.

"I read the whole series in less than two days and now can't separate the events of individual books."
The thrilling sequel.

"I've read so much fanfic for this series, i can't remember what really happened in the books."
The stunning conclusion.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Sphye » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:17 pm

I picked up a fairly new anthology (printed in 2014) from the library, and I'm absolutely loving most of it. It's called "Monstrous Affections", with the theme of the stories being monsters of various types, from aliens to demons to krakens. The first few stories made me want to cry, but they were beautifully written. The one I've just finished (and reread a bit of) is a short story by Sarah Rees Brennan called "Wings in the Morning". It's exciting, the characters interested me quickly, and the progression of the story is very satisfying between self-discovery/acceptance, accomplishing goals, and taking steps to make amends (even if only briefly, very sincerely). I loved it so much, I googled the author to see whether there was a way to contact her and express my enjoyment of the story. It seems she has another work within the same continuity, too! I'll need to get my hands on it.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby AnnGlr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:19 am

The Last Song.
AnnGlr

Postby PixelPawz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Any Sarah J. Maas fans out here? Who's hyped for the A Court of Frost and Starlight book coming out soon?
PixelPawz

Postby Skeseth » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 pm

PixelPawz wrote:Any Sarah J. Maas fans out here? Who's hyped for the A Court of Frost and Starlight book coming out soon?

Fan of the series, but wouldn't say massive fan... I have a friend that is enough of a fan for us both ;) Still, looking forward to how the future of Feyre and Rhys looks! Especially since they wrapped things up in the third book pretty well, except for the lingering romances... dammit Lucien, I want his happy ending. A little disappointed the series is still continuing... I thought it was a trilogy and read them almost all together, only to find out there were more coming out! I just hate waiting for the next book and like good endings ;) Same thing happened to me and the Red Queen series (I thought it was a trilogy too :| )
Please PM if you have questions or need help
Skeseth
Global Moderator

Postby PixelPawz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 am

Skeseth wrote:
PixelPawz wrote:Any Sarah J. Maas fans out here? Who's hyped for the A Court of Frost and Starlight book coming out soon?

Fan of the series, but wouldn't say massive fan... I have a friend that is enough of a fan for us both ;) Still, looking forward to how the future of Feyre and Rhys looks! Especially since they wrapped things up in the third book pretty well, except for the lingering romances... dammit Lucien, I want his happy ending. A little disappointed the series is still continuing... I thought it was a trilogy and read them almost all together, only to find out there were more coming out! I just hate waiting for the next book and like good endings ;) Same thing happened to me and the Red Queen series (I thought it was a trilogy too :| )

Same I hate waiting for the next book but at the same time I'm kinda glad the seri s isn't over. I REAAALLYYY hope Sarah introduces their child (not saying who in case of spoilers). And I agree, I hope Lucien gets his happily ever after, he's been through too much to not get his closure.
PixelPawz

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 pm

I got a few new books for Christmas. ^^ I'm mostly excited for this book on bird intelligence I got - it looks like an awesome read! I also got the Chronicles of Prydain series (the books that the Disney film 'The Black Cauldron' is based on), a book on the history of horses, some art books, some writings of Gandhi, and the final book of 'The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths', so I can finally watch 'The Dark Crystal' once I've finished those (why is the movie not about Raunip? Seriously, he's the best). Unfortunately it's the hardcover version, so it doesn't match my other two paperbacks, but gosh, if this hardcover is not just the prettiest thing I've ever seen. If you want to get a hold of 'The Dark Crystal' graphic novel series, I might just recommend looking into the hardcover versions. I just want to leave it out on my coffee table, and admire it, it's so pretty.

Right now I'm reading 'Crooked Kingdom', the sequel to 'Six of Crows'. Jesper is fast becoming my favorite character - he might even surpass Wylan, but we'll see. I'm really loving it though. 'Six of Crows' blew me away.

I'm also rereading the entire 'Immortals' quartet by Tamora Pierce, to refresh my memory for her newest series about Numair coming out in February. I'm on the third book, 'Emperor Mage' right now. It's so odd to reread it with the intention of refreshing my memory of Numair. He was always one of my favorite characters, and while I remember a lot of scenes from the books, I forgot just how many side characters have history with Numair, especially in the third book. It's gonna be really interesting to see those already established relationships develop in this new series. And considering the author's last series was just epic, I'm really excited to see where this one goes.

Anyone else get any books for the holidays?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Previous

Return to Entertainment