Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Do you tend to prefer male protagonists or female protagonists?

Male
45%
Female
No votes
No preference
55%
Other?
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Postby hellish » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm

heyy~ has anyone seen/read World Trigger? it really breaks my heart that its manga is currently on hiatus ;-; I hope nobody asked this yet xd

────── the destroyer ──────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pain... Agony... My hatred burns through the
cavernous deeps. The world heaves with my
torment. Its wretched kingdoms quake beneath
my rage... But at last. The whole of Azeroth will
break, and all will burn beneath the shadow of
my wings...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hellish

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:31 pm

divesaurus wrote:heyy~ has anyone seen/read World Trigger? it really breaks my heart that its manga is currently on hiatus ;-; I hope nobody asked this yet xd

I haven't seen it, but I just looked the show up and it seems good! I think I'll probably watch it sometime soon. ^^

I do understand that sad feeling brought on by hiatus though. Hunter x Hunter never makes it more than a few chapters without returning to it's hiatus. We get a handful of chapters every couple of years or so.

Edit: So, I'm about halfway through the anime of World Trigger and I love it. I like pretty much all of the supporting characters and Yuma is epic. I'm looking for Osamu to make a mental turn around and for Chika to get a little bit more experience, and with that I think the three will make a pretty good team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 am

re-going through my fave anime (code geass) and watching the OVA akito the exiled. I am now wondering if there is anyone out there who has seen both, and what they think of akito.

also on a separate note if anyone has read platinum end?
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Marras » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 am

I must ask that is there any person here that has read manga/anime from 80's / 90's and is all about those "older" popular series back form then? I truely have my soul sold for the older masterpieces. In our country there were not many series back then what to read (i'm not even pointing out the anime series running on tv... there were maybe 2-3 haha), but they were gold.

I also have seen some of the new series too, but i'm a bit lost with them. Anyone else having this trouble? I had so big break between and now i'm starting to find some good series... even tho they are too short imo. I think i'm going too indie/underground here :D i wish someone to tell me good series, but i'm afraid there are too many different genres around and the actual series out there are not to compare with each other.

So, the point was any even slightly popular 90's/80's series. Who loves those oldies? And which oldies are the most heart warming (that bring nostalgia or then not)? :3
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
ImageImage
Marras

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:48 am

Marras wrote:I must ask that is there any person here that has read manga/anime from 80's / 90's and is all about those "older" popular series back form then? I truely have my soul sold for the older masterpieces. In our country there were not many series back then what to read (i'm not even pointing out the anime series running on tv... there were maybe 2-3 haha), but they were gold.

I also have seen some of the new series too, but i'm a bit lost with them. Anyone else having this trouble? I had so big break between and now i'm starting to find some good series... even tho they are too short imo. I think i'm going too indie/underground here :D i wish someone to tell me good series, but i'm afraid there are too many different genres around and the actual series out there are not to compare with each other.

So, the point was any even slightly popular 90's/80's series. Who loves those oldies? And which oldies are the most heart warming (that bring nostalgia or then not)? :3

There's a few older anime that I like, most of them are from the mid- to late '90s though. XP
Rurouni Kenshin and Detective Conan (counting this since it started airing in the '90s) are probably my favorites of those I've seen. I also enjoy Trigun and Yu Yu Hakusho and I'm in the process of watching Cowboy Bebop.

Yu Yu Hakusho is probably the one that has the most nostalgic value to me. I remembered as a kid, seeing a show where "the main character could only shoot gun from his fingertip once a day." Years later when I realized what anime was and put together that that show was an anime, I search for it and was overjoyed to find out the name of the show. Inuyasha also brings a lot of nostalgia because it was the anime that got me into anime; it's from the early 2000s though I think.

Such truth though with modern series being so short. It used to be most anime series were 24 episodes, and less than that was a bit of a rarity. Now it's the opposite and it drives me insane. XD I love binge watching anime, and I can make it through a 12 episode series in a day. It's really not enough time for me to become invested in the characters and story, even if I do really like the show. Also, binge watching it so quickly makes me forget the details of the plot and characters. Honestly, I prefer series that are at least 24 episodes, and I'm more than happy to watch things that are longer.

What kind of older anime did you enjoy? Maybe I could try to give you a few recommendations based on that? c:

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Marras » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:23 am

^ I had this same experience with pokemon :o it was anime. In the 90's i didn't realize it, but then when i was older someone told me that it was an anime and i had this "oohhhh, really? Oh yes it truely was." - moment. Also was it candy? The little girl with blonde hair. It also was anime that i didn't know back then. I saw it on VHS and it was dubbed. I think it could have been better without the dub (which anime isn't ahah).

Detective conan says something. I haven't seen/read it, but it rings a bell. (Now when i googled it... i've seen this manga on the shelves on the book store when it was early 2000 and it reminds me of this one manga named one piece...)

There were of course ginga nagareboshi gin :D i think maybe everyone knows that. I saw it as a child and it was pretty scary imo.

Then i remember my friends sister had this anime called fruits basket (not going to underline this one) and it was terrible. We didn't even finish it, because it was so horrible. I mean badly done anime.

I read few books of ranma ½ back then too. But i've been watching the anime now later, and i love it. There are 7 seasons and 160 episodes, so there should be quite some time to enjoy the series.

There was also neon genesis evangelion, which i haven't seen till the end. One of my friend who saw it first time at the early 2000s and did a big re-watch maraton for the nge is now hyping the series for me.

When talking about movies... i saw the grave of the fireflies when i was my early teens. It is a movie tho, but i love it still so much. It's a drama, so if you haven't seen it yet you will get your heart broken for sure.

I saw sailor moon on the tv, but didn't follow it / watch it through tho.

There are few that i know. There is something more to it... now i cannot remember. I will come here to add when i get it on my head again.

E; Oh, i forgot to say that every anime i listed here are good imo. I haven't seen them all till the end, but as far as i can say, they are good.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
ImageImage
Marras

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I had that "Oh huh, so that was an anime?" with it as well. XD We'd get VHS from Blockbuster and there was one I had seen a couple of times, but didn't realize until later it was an anime. But like you, I never followed it. I tried to pick up the series later on, but I couldn't get into it at all.

Detective Conan is a really long (and still ongoing series) in the same way that One Piece is, but nothing else about the two is similar at all. XD I think Detective Conan might be just a little longer. It recently passed it's 1000th manga chapter and the anime is probably close to 900 eps now. I let myself get a bit behind and binge watch it about three times a year, so I'm not 100% sure where the anime stands right this second.

Haha, I didn't mind Fruits Basket, but certainly everyone has their own preferences. ^^ It's certainly not my favorite shoujo series- if I'm in the mood for light-hearted romance, I'll usually start rewatching Ouran Highschool Host Club or Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Though, my favorite shoujo series of all is Akatsuki no Yona; the anime itself may be listed as a romance, but it's really not so much. It's really just been the recent manga chapters that have touched on that a bit more. There's sweet moments and hints, but it's never the focus. Being a harem-style, I think that lack of focus on love is incredibly unique, and it's cool to watch Yona grow from a frail, pampered princess to a kick-butt individual.

I just read the synopsis for Ranma 1/2 and it sounds hilariously epic. I think I'll try watching it soon. ^^ I'm pretty sure that's the author that did Inuyasha as well, so I'm already expecting great things. That same author is working on a new series as well called Kyoukai no Rinne, though it didn't really strike a chord with me.

I've also seen some of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I haven't finished the TV series or the movie series. It's just a little too much drama for me personally, but it's a classic so I probably should finish it for that reason alone. XP Mechas also aren't necessarily my favorite drama, but there's a few I enjoy. Full Metal Panic is one. Honestly, I don't remember the storyline as much, but it sticks out in my mind as one of the funniest anime I've seen. I also enjoyed Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann; it took me a few episodes to get interested, but I did enjoy it.

And oh man, I've heard of Grave of the Fireflies, and I believe I've seen the beginning clip of it and I'm slightly scared of watching it because I know how tragic it is. I generally steer clear of the tear-jerkers. Everyone talks about Clannad, Angel Beats, and I think Your Lie in April is sad as well (I haven't seen the end of it, but I can foresee where it's going). I think Chrono Crusade is the only one I've purposefully watched knowing it would end sadly.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby muriel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

i had to ask ;; has anyone seen jojos bizarre adventure?? Bc it’s so good and really worth a watch! It’s long but so intrigueing aAa
    yeet
    I still check in once in a while. Feel free to trade or pm me.
muriel

Postby PixelPawz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Oh yay, um I'm just gonna list a few of my favorite animes and y'all can just pipe in if your a fan of any I guess! So my very first anime was Inuyasha which my mom actually itroduced to me when I was really little, I guess you could say Inuyasha is what gave me my love for anime and in turn art. My second anime was Fruits Basket, those two are probably my favorite older anime. Now Bungo Stray Dogs, Yona of the Dawn, Fairy Tail, and Phsycho Pass are some of my all time favorite that come to mind first. I had a pretty deep anime hangover after I finished each of these and couldn't think of anything else for a long time!
PixelPawz

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:28 am

PixelPawz wrote:Oh yay, um I'm just gonna list a few of my favorite animes and y'all can just pipe in if your a fan of any I guess! So my very first anime was Inuyasha which my mom actually itroduced to me when I was really little, I guess you could say Inuyasha is what gave me my love for anime and in turn art. My second anime was Fruits Basket, those two are probably my favorite older anime. Now Bungo Stray Dogs, Yona of the Dawn, Fairy Tail, and Phsycho Pass are some of my all time favorite that come to mind first. I had a pretty deep anime hangover after I finished each of these and couldn't think of anything else for a long time!

I'm a fan of all of those. XD

Ironically, Inuyasha was also the anime that kindled my love for other anime. But, my mother forbade me from watching it because of the demon theme. So I was forced to watch it in secret for a pretty long time. I loved Fruits Basket and adore Bungo - that much should be pretty obvious from my siggy. XD

Of all of those, Akatsuki no Yona might be my favorite of the lot though. XP I just caught up to the manga and oh my goodness. The last chapter (152) was so hilarious and delightful. <3

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment