Pokemon (in General)

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Pokemon (in General)

Postby KittyCatKita » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 am

Eyeless Jack wrote:Ah i totally forgot to add my team in my Post whoops.

Currently it's these
Sylveon
Charmeleon
Frogradier
Pikachu
Smeargle
Bagon

I thought it would be a nice challenge to try to use Smeargle <3

XD No worries. That sounds like a really well rounded team, nice! Ummm these were what I probably would look at putting on, but take it with a grain of salt, I am not a competitive battler by any means.

~ A psychic type move? Perhaps Psychic, Psycho Cut, or Psychic Fangs would be good, if you can find a user with one of them. If you want a good combo, Hypnosis and Dream Eater can do a lot of work together (assuming Hypnosis hits unfortunately)

~ A ghost type move? I am always a fan of Confuse Ray, but if you want a more offensive move, perhaps something like Shadow Claw or Shadow Bone? I'm not sure what the limit is to Smeargle's copy, but if you can get Moongeist Beam from Lunala, that's another great ghost move.

~ A fighting type move? I use a fighting type on my team and he comes in handy more than I thought he would. Maybe moves like Drain Punch, Focus Punch (if you have a fast smeargle), Force Palm or Wake-Up Slap would be good

~ An ice type move? Could have the benefits of the ice move (ex. good against dragons), without being so weak like ice is. Freeze-Dry (super effective against water types), Ice Beam or Ice Punch might be good ones.

~ A ground type move? Good against a number of types. Earth Power, Earthquake, High Horsepower or Magnitude (if you want a slight risk of it being weak XD). There were others I could recommend, but I don't think there are any Zygardes you face (except maybe the one in X/Y) and it may or may not know the moves.

Does that help any? I tried to pick types that would compliment your team by helping round it out, but you would have to play around with them and see what moves you like best.
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Postby Eyeless Jack » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Ahh yes thank you i think i can work with that.
Thanks a lot <3

Definitely gonna go with shadow claw! Havent decided which others yet but all you mentioned Sound good.
Eyeless Jack

Postby KittyCatKita » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Best of luck to you! I am not sure how easy those will be to find to sketch, or whether they will work well together, but it sounds like you will have a fun challenge ahead of you!
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Postby Colress » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 am

i recommend raising magnemite, its a strong pokemon
Colress

Postby Eyeless Jack » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:18 am

Got a small question for everyone^^
So what are your favourite Pokémon games?

Mine are Heartgold, Sun and Black
Eyeless Jack

Postby luketear » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 am

idk if anyone already has(in the...three years this thread has existed), but I think I can answer the thing about Dragonair evolving into Dragonite:
it may be based on Korean dragons, which were described as giant serpents. they were said to be lesser dragons who either had to live 1,000 years(aka reaching Lv.50 lol) or catch a falling jewel from heaven to become a "true" dragon. it's uncertain, though. I personally haven't seen anything in the series to suggest it, and the Korean dragons are still described as snake-like. maybe it's more like tadpoles becoming frogs, except...with dragons?? (I am fairly certain the jewel on Dragonair's neck is based off the tale of Princess Kaguya, though)

and I'm pretty sure Magikarp/Gyarados is based on the Chinese tales of carp being transformed into dragons by climbing a waterfall. in the mountain river level of Pokemon Snap, you have to knock a Magikarp out of the river and towards a Mankey who will punch it over the mountain(lol), and then when you get around to the other side of said mountain you gotta knock it back into the water; there it will swim toward a waterfall and evolve into Gyarados.

...sorry if I sound like a know-it-all lol, I just thought it'd be fun to share. TvT

my favorite Pokemon games are White(because it was my first Pokemon game I got that wasn't emulated on my pc and the first game I got for my first DS, and I'm very nostalgic for it), Moon, and X! n__n

I'm actually doing a nuzlocke challenge in White right now(after watching Griffin McElroy's Y nuzlocke haha). I'm already suffering because I lost my Lillipup to a Patrat's Bide attack and I'm going by the "no doubles" rule... ;v;; hopefully I'll get a Herdier later on in the game because gosh darnit I want my big doggo.
"Non potrei vivere senza di te."
Rose | f | 21 | INFJ | Gryffindor | casual artist | Ghost-type Pokemon enthusiast
tumblr | flight rising | kaylune
"I could not live without you."
luketear

Postby KittyCatKita » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am

Eyeless Jack wrote:Got a small question for everyone^^
So what are your favourite Pokémon games?

Mine are Heartgold, Sun and Black

I think my favourite would be Soul Silver (and the original Silver), Sapphire, and Sun ^^ I really still love my first games, the original red and blue, but they definitely haven't aged very well XD they are still fun to mess around with though

luketear wrote:idk if anyone already has(in the...three years this thread has existed), but I think I can answer the thing about Dragonair evolving into Dragonite:
it may be based on Korean dragons, which were described as giant serpents. they were said to be lesser dragons who either had to live 1,000 years(aka reaching Lv.50 lol) or catch a falling jewel from heaven to become a "true" dragon. it's uncertain, though. I personally haven't seen anything in the series to suggest it, and the Korean dragons are still described as snake-like. maybe it's more like tadpoles becoming frogs, except...with dragons?? (I am fairly certain the jewel on Dragonair's neck is based off the tale of Princess Kaguya, though)

and I'm pretty sure Magikarp/Gyarados is based on the Chinese tales of carp being transformed into dragons by climbing a waterfall. in the mountain river level of Pokemon Snap, you have to knock a Magikarp out of the river and towards a Mankey who will punch it over the mountain(lol), and then when you get around to the other side of said mountain you gotta knock it back into the water; there it will swim toward a waterfall and evolve into Gyarados.

...sorry if I sound like a know-it-all lol, I just thought it'd be fun to share. TvT

my favorite Pokemon games are White(because it was my first Pokemon game I got that wasn't emulated on my pc and the first game I got for my first DS, and I'm very nostalgic for it), Moon, and X! n__n

I'm actually doing a nuzlocke challenge in White right now(after watching Griffin McElroy's Y nuzlocke haha). I'm already suffering because I lost my Lillipup to a Patrat's Bide attack and I'm going by the "no doubles" rule... ;v;; hopefully I'll get a Herdier later on in the game because gosh darnit I want my big doggo.

I could definitely see that being a possibility for Dragonair into Dragonite. I will admit that I haven't ever thought about that one, but it sounds neat for sure! It's possible that they were just using the overarching theme of the snake like dragon becoming a "true" dragon, and didn't worry about maintaining the strong snake-like feel to the last form.
Also I'm pretty sure that is correct for the Magikarp line. I've heard others say that that was the origin myth for those pokemon, so I would definitely agree with you there ^^
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Postby Magikarp » Sun May 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I AM JUST ABOUT TO FACE THE POKÉMON LEAGUE IN MOON AHHHHH

but the battery died

My team is bad don't judge me >.<

Machoke
Decidueye
Talonflame
Lunala
Haunter
Wishiwashi
Stars can't shine

without darkness

WishingNumbers
Magikarp

Postby KittyCatKita » Sun May 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Magikarp wrote:I AM JUST ABOUT TO FACE THE POKÉMON LEAGUE IN MOON AHHHHH

but the battery died

Machoke
Decidueye
Talonflame
Lunala
Haunter
Wishiwashi

I wish you the best of luck going after the pokemon league! You will have to let us know how it goes! Your team sounds fine to me. Good pokemon with potential to take you through the elite four ^^ Opinions on good and bad pokemon vary greatly depending on what you want to use them for, at least for the most part XD I think pretty much everyone agrees sunkern and luvdisc will always be horrible.
~Kita

KittyCatKita

Postby Magikarp » Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 pm

KittyCatKita wrote:
Magikarp wrote:I AM JUST ABOUT TO FACE THE POKÉMON LEAGUE IN MOON AHHHHH

but the battery died

Machoke
Decidueye
Talonflame
Lunala
Haunter
Wishiwashi

I wish you the best of luck going after the pokemon league! You will have to let us know how it goes! Your team sounds fine to me. Good pokemon with potential to take you through the elite four ^^ Opinions on good and bad pokemon vary greatly depending on what you want to use them for, at least for the most part XD I think pretty much everyone agrees sunkern and luvdisc will always be horrible.

Thank you ^^ I'm extremely nervous, I'll tell everyone how it goes! I need to find time though

can't be the champion without knowing how to spam full restores
Stars can't shine

without darkness

WishingNumbers
Magikarp

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment