Authors?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Authors?

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Historical fantasy, both of them. ^^ Lots of research to do, which I always enjoy!

I thought it was good advice too, and it's so simple, and yet I had never thought of it. XD
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Watch Crow » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:34 pm

ooh that's cool! I never really enjoyed research unless it involves something I really like cx

Yeah I didn't either but I am going to try it soon to see how it goes
ImageLovely
Watch Crow

Postby Startedraining » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:34 pm

I like researching obscure history :p like the Irish elf lore
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Death&Ruin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:16 pm

GlitchintheCode wrote:
Death&Ruin wrote:
GlitchintheCode wrote:aah how did I miss this thread? oh well ^^ anyways I like to write sci fi and adventure. I'm hoping to get a book of mine published soon but first I need to finish writing it! cx

May I ask what the book is about? :> I'm working on a fantasy trilogy myself right now, although I haven't written anything down yet, I'm still collecting and sorting out ideas and working on the characters. The story has changed so much in the last six years, and there are still things that change all the time, plus I have lots of work to do for university at the moment, it'll probably be a while before I actually start writing it. There are also other stories I want to write one day, although they're just ideas right now :>

Its pretty complicated, but basically it deals with a human slave girl and an alien prince who are trying to clear the pince's name of murdering his father the emperor and stop a war between the alien empire and humans. That's a really simplified version but you get the idea. ^^ What's your trilogy about? And omg yeah I've had my story for about 4 years now and it's changed so much so I get where you're coming from on that. I have a ton of ideas too, but for now I'm focusing on my main story ^^

Wow, that sounds like something I'd love to read! The idea sounds super interesting and I'm sure that it has a lot of potential! Good luck <3

It's kinda hard to explain, but I'm going to try and sum it up anyway: My story is about a coyote (yes, an animal story, I just love animal stories, I admit it), who lost all of her memories I am so sorry for using that amnesia cliché, who is given the name Elirotas by a fox that she meets and befriends on the way. The thing is, the name Elirotas actually belongs to a very beloved figure in many animals' mythology; she is said to have tried her best to solve the ongoing conflicts in the animal kingdom, especially between wolves and coyotes. She died trying to end a fight and became a legend for many, a beacon of hope that one day, the wars would end. Now the problem is, the Elirotas that these legends tell about is obviously not the poor confused coyote we're talking about, but over the course of the story, more and more animals start to believe that she is her reincarnation and start following her. Elirotas feels the urge to step into her namesake's footsteps and tries to make piece between wolves and coyotes - a task that seems almost impossible for her.

On top of that she is trying to find out who she is and why she can't remember anything about her past, not even her real name. The trouble doesn't end there, though: she accidentally frees the ancient demon Lûciva, and needs to find a way to stop him while also finding a way of tracking down his followers. Once she manages to stop Lûciva, the next problem arises: 1) there are still many of his followers around and 2) there are more and more rumors saying that Lûciva's brother has come back from the dead and is now trying to finish what Lûciva started, that is, free an entity called "Laz Vesa" (which is supposed to mean "the dead one"), who once almost overthrew Mother Nature herself.

Luckily, she won't have to face all of this alone. There are a number of characters that try to help (or do they?) on her way:

- Regenpelz (= Rainpelt), the fox I mentioned earlier (thinking about an alternative name)
- Lúmiere, a wolf who leaves his pack because he believes that Elirotas is the wolf he has heard so much about in stories (I'm trying to find a different name for him, because I gave him that name when I was 13 and I want to come up with a naming convention for wolves and other animals)
- Asche (= ash), another fox, who is named after his dark fur and has been a good friend of Regenpelz for a long time. However, it turns out that he is one of Lûciva's most trusted followers and knows Elirotas from her former life. Turns out that Elirotas is Lûciva's brother, took over someone else's body in an attempt to come back from the dead and lost all of his memories in the process, merging his own soul with the soul of the body's owner and thus creating an entirely new individual, because he messed up. Badly. Asche and Elirotas were once best friends and the fox is convinced that she is only faking loosing all her memories to stay undercover.
- Sheilah, the personification of the south wind, a very stubborn wolf who seems to care more about herself than anybody else at most times
- Wintorea, the personification of the west wind, a loyal stag, willing to give his life to protect those he loves
- Karakara, known as a The Herder. They are said to be the first two-souled being and were punished for it (the reason being that one soul tried to overtake a different body to come back from the dead, just like in the case of Elirotas). Now they have to look after the dead, guiding them on their way to mother nature and looking out for them. One part of them is the female Karakara that they are named after, the other part is a wolf who has long forgotten his name. They can shift between both appereances, changing gender and voice in the process.

So, to sum it all up, the trilogy will focus on these things:

- Elirotas trying to find out who she is (or who they are)
- her trying to stop Lûciva, his brother and his followers from freeing Laz Vesa (and failing miserably)
- her trying to stop the war between wolves and coyotes

Sorry, this got way too long, but I couldn't help myself. I get so excited whenever I talk about my stories uwu

also, sorry if none of this makes any sense, it's 2am and I'm struggling to find the right words
Death&Ruin

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Wow, everyone has so many awesome story ideas. I hope you all get them published in the future! I do some research myself, but it's not too intensive, mostly just facts about a location or a cultural aspect.

I myself have three open projects. One is a short story for Eldemore that I'm almost finished with, one is a novel that I've just barely started (have six chapters) that I would love to self-publish in the future, and the third is the second book of a trilogy that I'm writing for my own personal enjoyment. It'll never amount to anything other than entertaining a small handful of people on the internet, but despite that, it has become my life.

The first book is 613 pages and took four years to finish. I've been working on the second book for two years now, but life has gotten in the way and I've only reached 100 pages, 10 chapters, with it. I alternate between the three depending on whatever mood I'm in. XP I also have a handful of other ideas, but nothing else is getting started until I mark a couple of the others off the list.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 pm

@Death&Rain Wow! What a great story idea! I would honestly be really excited to read any of these stories as books (so you guys have to publish them someday so I can! XD)

Also, scmar, you're an awesome writer! You should definitely pursue self-publishing someday! Even just finishing one novel is an amazing accomplishment! 600 pages... wow... *is in awe*

I personally love researching - I got so many history books for Christmas and I'm excited to dive right into them!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Watch Crow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 am

@Death woah that's an amazing idea! I absolutely love it, and its very interesting ^^ It makes sense and I can tell you've put a lot of work into it C: How many books do think this story will be?

on another note I am considering putting the first chapter of my story in the creative writing forum. would anyone like to read it?
ImageLovely
Watch Crow

Postby Death&Ruin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:02 am

@GlitchintheCode and @Silverhart Thank you, I'm glad that people like the idea, because I always worry that it's too cliché or too weird for people to like it. Well, since it's supposed to be a trilogy, I'd say three books :P

Also, @GlitchintheCode Definitely do that! I'm super interested and would love to read it to get to know your writing style. Plus you could get some constructive criticism on it from other people, which is always great imo :>
Death&Ruin

Postby Watch Crow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm

@death np! and cool! my story is supposed to be a trilogy too cx but yeah I'll do that, it sounds like a great way to get advice and stuff ^^
ImageLovely
Watch Crow

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:50 pm

@Death&Rain I don't think you have to worry about it being cliche! It sounds really original. And don't worry about it being too weird either - the best stories are always at least a little bit weird! XP

On another note, I love giving out critique and advice to other authors when I have the time! ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment