Welcome To Webcomics (The Gateway to Webcomics Everywhere)

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Welcome To Webcomics (The Gateway to Webcomics Everywher

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Oh my gosh - I love 'Lonely Vincent'! XP He's such an adorable puppy of a man - I rarely find characters who aren't puppies, kittens, or dragons who just make the dopamine in my head go squee!, but that whole comic is just... I want to hug everyone in that comic. Vincent especially. He's like a bumbling puppy wearing a too-big-scarf, and I suspect he smells of cinnamon scented candles. And I love Luke and Ursala. The whole comic makes my brain so happy, even when Vicky's holding a gun to a character's head - it's just so much adorable happy. I can't stand it. XP I have nothing to actually say about the story... (feels too early to know what the story is at this point) but the adorableness alone is worth the look. XD
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Ashenjay » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 am

A bit late but wondering if you've all heard of these :'D

A redtail's Dream : http://www.minnasundberg.fi/artd.php
This one's based on Finnish lore. The artwork is just wonderful. The story's kinda weak but still really entertaining.

Noru: http://tapastic.com/premium/Noru
This one's Korean- it's a postapocalyptic story. It's very short but memorable!

Kiss Wood: http://mangafox.me/manga/kisswood/
By the same author.

The Pale Horse: http://mangafox.me/manga/the_pale_horse/
The artwork is breathtaking. Unfortunately they're not updating anymore in mangafox. >u> The recent chapters are even better...
I mean, can you believe this is just one single picture from a comic that updates every week? => http://i62.tinypic.com/2zzmhxi.png

http://www.webtoons.com/en/
This is the official site for translated Korean webcomics. I personally don't like their translations, but still many are super fun! xD The most famous are probably ones like Girl's the Wilds, Cheese in the Trap, Noblesse, and Tower of God but they're a bit too long. Annara Sumanara was a pretty revolutionary comic when it came out :'D

R A Z I M.
"Myth Song Rune"
Ashenjay

Postby LunaHydreigon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Has no one heard of http://www.sdamned.com/? O:

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby Death&Ruin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Personally, I really love Off-White Careful, though. There's a lot of blood later on in the comic. Also, they're currently re-doing the older pages, so things don't match up that well when you're new to the comic. There are links to the old pages, though.

Ava's Demon is also great, but contains some gore later on! It also seems to be on hiatus for a while.

Any pokemon fan ought to read Mokepon. It's incredibly funny and basically tells the story of the first generation games out of the perspective of a fourteen-year-old who wants nothing to do with pokemon at all. It also shows how ridiculous the games are at some points. All the characters are replaced by others, though, so no Blue goodness. Still awesome and hilarious.

I used to read Romantically Apolcalyptic (no romance by the way), and really enjoyed its ridiculousness that turned out to make complete sense after a while. It's amazing how the creators manage to link all the weird stuff. Contains violence and gore, though.

Death&Ruin

Postby Secret » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:17 am

Death&Ruin wrote:Personally, I really love Off-White Careful, though. There's a lot of blood later on in the comic. Also, they're currently re-doing the older pages, so things don't match up that well when you're new to the comic. There are links to the old pages, though.

Ava's Demon is also great, but contains some gore later on! It also seems to be on hiatus for a while.

Any pokemon fan ought to read Mokepon. It's incredibly funny and basically tells the story of the first generation games out of the perspective of a fourteen-year-old who wants nothing to do with pokemon at all. It also shows how ridiculous the games are at some points. All the characters are replaced by others, though, so no Blue goodness. Still awesome and hilarious.

I used to read Romantically Apolcalyptic (no romance by the way), and really enjoyed its ridiculousness that turned out to make complete sense after a while. It's amazing how the creators manage to link all the weird stuff. Contains violence and gore, though.

Concerning Ava's Demon:

I honestly have no idea what's going on with that webcomic, I've been following it since around January and it has only progressed 15 pages, and the last of those 15 pages was created before June.
However the art in this webcomic is breathtaking while still retaining that "anime" or "cartoonish" style that I personally love. I also like the way that the creator has progressed the plotline in terms of subtlety and mood, all the little messages secreted away everywhere are interesting to find ^^

I just wish that they'd update more often.
A lot more often.

There's also another that (surprisingly) has not yet been mentioned on this thread...
Awaken.

The creators tend to stick to a steady update schedule and the ideas behind the plotline are rather interesting, however if you're one of those people who only like to read finished webcomics then this is not for you (still ongoing).
ImageImage
Secret

Postby feming » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:45 pm

I've just started reading webcomics (thanks Flight Rising for them ads), and I think[url=nn4b.com]No Need for Bushido[/url] is a pretty good one. I don't think there's any restrictions... well, except for swearing, and there's only kissing and hugging so far.
Creatures on my hoard list are missing outcomes (after March 2016; list is a WIP)~
Foxalopes <3
feming

Postby Ëwyängssıdÿr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:55 pm

The Dreamer is one of my favorites. I actually don't usually take the time to follow webcomics, but that was one that caught my eye. It takes place (partly) during the American Revolutionary War and does have mild blood/violent content in a few scenes. Nothing too extreme, I think, but just a heads-up if anyone is especially sensitive to that. There's some occasional swearing, too, but again, shouldn't be too bad. The first couple pages are pretty much the full extent of the "sexual" scenes and not much at all, so I wouldn't worry about that. :)

Here's a synopsis of the series (taken from the website because I'm lazy.) If you're interested in historical fiction like I am, I'd definitely recommend taking a look!

Beatrice “Bea” Whaley seems to have it all; the seventeen year old high school senior is beautiful, wealthy and the star performer of the drama club. And with her uncle’s connections to Broadway theater, the future looks bright ahead of her. Little does she know that her future might actually be brighter behind her.

Bea begins having vivid dreams about a brave and handsome soldier named Alan Warren–a member of an elite group known as Knowlton’s Rangers that served during the Revolutionary War. Prone to keeping her head in the clouds, Bea welcomes her nightly adventures in 1776; filled with danger and romance they give her much to muse about the next day. But it is not long before Beatrice questions whether her dreams are simply dreams or something more. Each night they pick up exactly where the last one ended. And the senses–the smell of musket shots and cannons, the screams of soldiers in agony, and that kiss–are all far more real than any dream she can remember.
Ëwyängssıdÿr

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 pm

ShadoWolf0913 wrote:The Dreamer is one of my favorites. I actually don't usually take the time to follow webcomics, but that was one that caught my eye. It takes place (partly) during the American Revolutionary War and does have mild blood/violent content in a few scenes. Nothing too extreme, I think, but just a heads-up if anyone is especially sensitive to that. There's some occasional swearing, too, but again, shouldn't be too bad. The first couple pages are pretty much the full extent of the "sexual" scenes and not much at all, so I wouldn't worry about that. :)

Definitely gonna check this one out! I've been craving a good historical fiction comic for a while now. ^^

I have like dozens of webcomics open right now, trying to find some good ones to read. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Skelisteri » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Webcomics? Yes,please!
Here's some of my favourites:

Otus opus by Taina "Myrntai" Koskinen

Otus Opus is a story about a girl, Aino, who wants to draw every owl in the world. With her companion, a flying ray called Plätty, she is traveling and looking for owls.

Lovely art and lots of owls. 'Nuff said.

Cat meets fish by Swimming

When the cat meets fish, what will happen?

One of the first comics I found from tapastic.

Wurr by Paperiapina

"The world has been divided into two, to the beautiful and colorful lands of dogs, and a dark and murky Crater Valley which is inhabited by monstrous hellhounds. There has been a war between the two in the past, but the invading hounds were driven back to the Crater and peace was restored.
Years have passed since then, and now a small pack of hounds, lead by three-eyer and big-fanged (and speech defected) Iacar, living near the edge of the Crater is facing their worst fears. The territory of their neighboring pack has been taken over by fearsome monster-rabbits, and now that pack is driving Iacar and his mates away from their home. And if that wasn't already bad enough, they have only one direction to go to: To the Outside, to the lands of ... DOGS!"

Interesting lore and detailed art. Definedly on my TOP 3.

Africa and Chakra -Battle Of The Titans by ARVEN92

An isolated inactive caldera, a lone leopard, a herd of grazers, a pride of lions. It looks like an innocent, peaceful place, but in Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania, the struggles for survival occur every day, and it's not easy to survive when you have no one to watch your back. This is what the female leopard Africa has to go through everyday. And when her eternal rival, the male leopard Chui, enters her territory and tries to conquer it, she will have to make a decision that may change her life forever.

CY, Lednacek, Orca, Hielo, Cheetah, Motyl and Kuma are encharged to find and protect the Destiny Sword, an extremely powerful weapon that can reverse the fate of everyone. Their mission is very risky, but at the same time, they will also have to keep an eye on the evil wolf Jackal and his army of Zodiac Demons.

Just amazing colour pencil work.

And some shorter ones:

Little wolf and black cat and other comics by Detrah.
One of my favourite artists style wise.

Gamer cat by Samantha Whitten
As the title says.
Last edited by Skelisteri on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Glasswork Dragons melted my computer and used the parts to make a derpy Cuttlefish sculpture. :p
Skelisteri

Postby Poppy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:44 pm

I used to read a lot of webcomics, but it's slowed down recently because of school. I'm mainly following Off White and Ava's Demon (like Secret, I'm struggling a bit to find out what's going on right now). I tried to get into Lackadaisy Cats because of the gorgeous art, but for some reason I lost interest. I should probably pick it back up at some point and continue. The amount of undiscovered webcomics is astounding!
Looking for:

| he/him or she/her pronouns pls | xenogender |
| infp | klipspringer dæmon | bison therian |
| gnoll otherkin | ben 10 fictionkind |
• • •
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Poppy

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment