Welcome To Webcomics (The Gateway to Webcomics Everywhere)

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Welcome To Webcomics (The Gateway to Webcomics Everywhere)

Postby cjr09 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonder that is WEBCOMICS.

Webcomics are what they sound like- comics on the web! They're super awesome and a lot of fun to read, so I figured, why not share some of our favorites with others?

All the comics wrote:More to be added when I'm given more~

B wrote:Blindsprings

F wrote:Floraverse
Warnings for occasional swearing.

H wrote:Headless Bliss

Homestuck
Warning for profanity and violence.

L wrote:Last Nerds On Earth
Warning for violence and blood

M wrote:Monsterkind

P wrote:Paradox Space
A collection of Homestuck mini-comics- warnings from the Homestuck section apply.

Paranatural

S wrote:Saint For Rent

Snarlbear
Warning for violence and blood.

W wrote:White Noise
Warnings for minor violence and occasional swearing.

Last edited by cjr09 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cjr09

Re: Welcome To Webcomics (The Gateway to Webcomics Everywher

Postby cjr09 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Reserve~
cjr09

Postby cjr09 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Last reserve, just in case~
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks for making this thread, cj!

Lately I've started Monsterkind, Snarlbear, and Floraverse. Monsterkind is mostly clean in terms of language, but I can think of one or two pages where a character curses. Floraverse has occasional cursing, and I don't recall whether there was any foul language in Snarlbear.

One of my favorite webcomics is Paranatural. I would consider it fine for anyone above the age of about 8 or 9, purely based on the fact that there is some fighting. Anyone old enough to be on Eldemore shouldn't find any problems with the content. ^u^
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Yes! I love webcomics! XD I have a whole list of ones I need to check out, so expect my recommendations to grow larger as I look those up. XP I'm definitely going to be checking the ones above out when I have time.

"Wasted Away" is a pretty interesting one. There might be language - I haven't read it in a while, so I can't be sure. The style is really fun though.

"The Meek" Contains nudity, and language. Although it's been on hiatus for a long time, it sounds like it'll be coming back in April or May! Huzzah! ^^ I absolutely adore this comic. X3

"Carbon Dating" - a comic about science! ^^ It's a cute little comic, it has a little bit of a storyline, but the main premise is just the characters confronting and debunking everyday pseudoscience in a fun way. It's cute, funny, and informative!

Right now, I'm reading "Lackadaisy" and "Gaia". "Lackadaisy" has some language. Not far enough along yet to know if they need any other warnings.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Secret » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Ugh I'm trying to track down all my links.

List of Webcomics:

Ava's Demon
The Gamer
Wilde Life
Metacarpolis
A Redtail's Dream

That's all I can remember right now, when I can get at my Desktop I'll be able to find the links easily.

The main 2 I would suggest are Ava's Demon and The Gamer (Both uncompleted), though if you are looking for an awesome (and completed) webcomic I would go for The Redtail's Dream.

Ava's Demon is about a girl who seems to be haunted by a demon and as a result is ostracised.
The Gamer is about a guy who turns into a real life video game character. Not like SAO where everyone gets pulled inside the game, this is the opposite, instead the game comes into real life. If that makes any sense.
ImageImage
Secret

Postby TheDoctorAndTARDIS » Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 am

Personally, I love:
Gunnerkrig Court - unfinished (the art changes subtly yet drastically)
Lonely Vincent - unfinished, the comments are fun to read also
but since I just discovered the joys of web comics, those are the two that I especially love, the rest that I've read are just ok, or havent progressed far enough into the plot for me to form an opinion.
TheDoctorAndTARDIS

Postby Neverwhere Nevermore » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Digger is great. The art is good, the story riveting, the characters memorable. It's about a wombat that, through some enchantment, finds herself digging her way into a temple, far away from her home, and into an adventure. Keep in mind that the story is kind of rough at points (death and murder are plot points). It can be a bit slow moving at times, but it's still fantastic, and I highly recommend it.

There's also the works of Em Carroll. Her stuff is mostly horror one-shots and fairytales. Very atmospheric, but they also tend to be a bit gory and disturbing.

Ryan A's stuff is similar to Em Carroll's, though not quite as disturbing and gory, and more thoughtful and surreal.

Erstwhile Tales are illustrated Grimm fairytale retellings. They illustrate and retell some of the lesser-known fairytales, which is nice (keep in mind, Grimm fairytales are usually kind of messed up, or at least weird).
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Neverwhere Nevermore

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:37 pm

I started writing one recently if you want to see that as well
http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/ho ... le_no=6548
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:00 pm

I found a series called UnderPrin while casually browsing. Twenty chapters in and I've found myself utterly hooked.

Official Summary wrote:Jin is a famous singer whose true identity is the legendary devil “Lord Perdien”. Even his son Miryu does not know that his father is the legendary devil. To protect his son, Jin fights.

Tacky's Version of the Summary: A goofball of a father has a son named Miryu. While at school, Miryu meets a strange woman who later heals him and the three end up living in the house together as a strange and crazy family. With her arrival, Miryu learns that he is part demon and his father has a deep past that Miryu never knew about. I imagine that confronting and overcoming that past will end up being a theme.

The story has some good humor, and it seems as though there will be a nice amount of action as well. I'm only halfway to the current chapter, but like I said, I'm hooked, so I figured I'd share this in case anyone thinks it might be interesting. ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Next

Return to Entertainment